Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

U are 1 fierce mama but i like. Need to consult u, how did u manage to post date the check? Is it like they say delivery in 2 weeks, u post date the check for 2 weeks? No downpayment?

I am a Ding, Yin fire person, so dun play play...

The cheque which I issued for $1.8k is for the final full payment on the day of delivery. I bought a dining set & the super single bed, total damage is $3.8k. I have made a downpayment of $2k, left $1.8k to be made upon delivery.

I think all furniture shops would ask you for a downpayment. Not sure if they accept post dated cheque without downpayment.

Edited by mae29

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow mae29, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with X'clusive... They really should have informed you beforehand instead of delivering the temporary mattress to you. But I'm assuming all is good now?

You place is fantastic! I love the spacious kitchen. All the rooms look huge too, and the niche walls just give it the extra special touch.

Congrats on moving in!

wah mae you are very fierce leh - but then this kind of fierce is good la, cos it was horrible of them to do that. whoever didn't even bother to inform you should receive the full wrath of your fury!

that being said, it was good that x'clusive did have some damage control. hopefully your son (and you) can sleep better at night

Hi, wahlao1

At this hour, and the prompt corrective action, and the efforts made by X'Clusive Home to satisfy customer, I am happy to accept the temporary mattress.

I was told that after 2 months, if my son likes & get used to this memory foam ContourMatic mattress, we can keep it at the same as compensation for today's agony!

:)

This is the mattress in dispute.....

Seen here is Nicolas of X'Clusive Home who came to swop the mattress. The 'superior comfort' mattress is leaning against the wall, whilst Nicolas unwrapped the 'ContourMatic' mattress. Can you tell the difference in the thickness of both mattresses?

12h0_d4c_uc4it.jpg

I can accept this 'temporary' mattress for the next 2 months until the one we ordered is delivered to us.

grq4_d6e_uc4it.jpg

grq4_96f_uc4it.jpg

Final complete photographs - MBR

The wooden sliding door & the queensize Sealy Kingbury mattress without bedsheet until move-in ceremony was done yesterday.

grq4_f69_uc4it.jpg

Behind the wooden sliding door is another mirror sliding door to entrance of toilet.

grq4_2e2_uc4it.jpg

I leave a gap for bedframe against the wall (infact that is the back of my wardrobe) until the move-in ceremony (and "an-chuan) was done yesterday.

grq4_a64_uc4it.jpg

The headboard and back wall which took 4 times to paint it correctly (due to silicon on headboard which does not bond with the paint)

grq4_c9f_uc4it.jpg

Final complete photographs - MBR - continued

With the final touch yesterday...the bedsheet & quilt cover set.

grq4_4bd_uc4it.jpg

This is where the headboard is leaning against the back of full height pole system wardrobe, at the right entrance to MBR.

grq4_0ba_uc4it.jpg

grq4_8ab_uc4it.jpg

Some of the items prepared for our move-in ceremony yesterday:

Fruits are: 5 oranges, 5 apples, a bundle of 8 bananas, 2 pineapples with head & tail intact:

grq4_705_uc4it.jpg

Fill up 2 pails with 8/10 volume of water (couldn't find red pail, ended up buying these 2 instead)

grq4_f7e_uc4it.jpg

...and my tradition for CNY....must hang these leeks as high as possible!

grq4_8b4_uc4it.jpg

...and the highest spot in my kitchen is the water pipes along the ceiling.

grq4_fe8_uc4it.jpg

wah mae you are very fierce leh - but then this kind of fierce is good la, cos it was horrible of them to do that. whoever didn't even bother to inform you should receive the full wrath of your fury!

that being said, it was good that x'clusive did have some damage control. hopefully your son (and you) can sleep better at night

Actually I am a nice person but turned nasty when they provided me BAD services! zz

wow mae29, sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with X'clusive... They really should have informed you beforehand instead of delivering the temporary mattress to you. But I'm assuming all is good now?

You place is fantastic! I love the spacious kitchen. All the rooms look huge too, and the niche walls just give it the extra special touch.

Congrats on moving in!

Hi, january

I have cooled down now after that episode.

Yup, all the bedrooms & kitchen look huge except for the living & dining room due to conversion made to downsize them.

Hello neighbour,

My heatiest wishes for you and your family for your beautifully furnished and renovated apartment..

though something may not go accordingly but I'm glad for you that it was turn out well eventually.

I love the sealy beds, very plushy feel. :P

May I ask what do you do for the "ann chuan"

itsn't it some wedding custom thingy like this:

http://www.chinese-wedding-guide.com/bridal-bed.html

my mom was telling me about this, only recall i cannot push the bed all the way to the wall till the

auspicious day.. heh. sorry I'm ignorant.

Final countdown!

Tomorrow is our auspicious move-in day. According to Dong Gong Date Selection method, we are able to juxtapose the Qi present on a particular Jia Zi against the month it falls, and therefore deriving at an accurate insightinto the cosmic Qi pattern taking place in the environment affecting the Qi & activities of each day.

It is 'Open' day (Kai) tomorrow & usable timing suitable for all members of my family selected by my Feng Shui Master is from 1pm to 3 pm.

Today, I will be busy preparing the 'an chuan' things...and items needed for tomorrow.

last but not least a prosperous lunar new year for you and your 3 darlings.

Huat ah. :drunk:

...and the highest spot in my kitchen is the water pipes along the ceiling.

grq4_fe8_uc4it.jpg

Hey mae29!

Happy for you that your renovation journey is completed in time (b4 CNY) and beautifully done up (esp the bedrooms :))!

btw, what's with hanging the leek at the highest spot in the kitchen abt? leek = "suan(4)"?

And happy chinese new year to you and your family! :)

Hey mae29!

Happy for you that your renovation journey is completed in time (b4 CNY) and beautifully done up (esp the bedrooms :))!

btw, what's with hanging the leek at the highest spot in the kitchen abt? leek = "suan(4)"?

And happy chinese new year to you and your family! :)

It symbolizes we have alot of money to "suan":)

Edited by mae29

It symbolizes we have alot of money to "suan":)

ohh... so those staying in 3 or 4-storey high landed property with attic; if they hang in the attic, will have alot alot of money to "suan"? :P

anyway, I read some of your posts in the geomancy / feng shui section, that you sometimes, give FOC FS advice.

Understand that you are not a full-time FS professional, I would like to seek your FS opinion for my resale unit, if you are available. Maybe after CNY, when you are less busy. :P

I'm not really into FS (quite noob; in fact I think some of the things I want to do, might be against conventional FS sense), but would still like to know if there's anything with my new place I should keep a lookout for.

Thanks!

May I ask what do you do for the "ann chuan"

itsn't it some wedding custom thingy like this:

http://www.chinese-wedding-guide.com/bridal-bed.html

my mom was telling me about this, only recall i cannot push the bed all the way to the wall till the

auspicious day.. heh. sorry I'm ignorant.

My 'an-Chuan' method is very simple:

- prepare 4 red packets & place at 4 corners of bed. Don't use the money inside! Leave there forever.

- place one plate of 5 oranges in the center of bed

- choose an auspicious day & time

- roll the oranges on the bed,

- push the bed to wall .

- both hands firmly pressed 9 times on the mattress while standing at the other end of bed.

The above procedure is different for wedding 'an- chuan' method.

Taking this opportunity, let me wish you double happiness in 2011! Huat ahh & Yam seng!

Edited by mae29

ohh... so those staying in 3 or 4-storey high landed property with attic; if they hang in the attic, will have alot alot of money to "suan"? :P

anyway, I read some of your posts in the geomancy / feng shui section, that you sometimes, give FOC FS advice.

Understand that you are not a full-time FS professional, I would like to seek your FS opinion for my resale unit, if you are available. Maybe after CNY, when you are less busy. :P

I'm not really into FS (quite noob; in fact I think some of the things I want to do, might be against conventional FS sense), but would still like to know if there's anything with my new place I should keep a lookout for.

Thanks!

I learnt classical feng shui from 2 feng shui masters, i.e. Pure feng shui & not the 'new age' feng shui which is about placement of symbolic items.

Nevertheless, we are Chinese & there are cultural believe & tradition which we cannot simply ignored. I will pm you what I need from you to start with free house fs audit, after CNY.