Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

The Project Manager Mr Lee came over with my ID to see the progress. He finds the layout of my MBR very unique with the pole system wardrobe at the side of entrance.

When he visited the common toilet, he asked my ID to cover up the U-pipe to make the toilet looks neater, after CNY. :)

I am glad that my extreme makeover is shaping up well! Next Monday, I will have the curtains up for all the bedrooms. I will post up the complete photos.... Stay tuned

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Counting Down to Handover Date 26 January 2011!

Items to complete or deliver next week are followings:

Monday 24 & Tues 25 Jan:

- carpenter to install TV console, bal of carpentry stuffs

- curtains for whole house

- wall paper for new wall facing entrance

- store room sliding door installation

- electrical final installation

Wednesday 26 Jan:

- furniture delivery

- items bought from Courts

to be continued

Hi Mae,

Your house is really looking good - bright, cheery and importantly, it fits accordingly to most of your fengshui needs. It is always nice to live in a house with the comfort of peaceful mind.

Hehe, just like you, painting and re-painting were the order of the day during my renovation. Somehow, my ID kept getting the painters to come back few times to touch up even after we moved in.

One more item that you might want to consider, after your electrical final installation, is to blast all the lights/electrical gadgets in the house to ensure efficiency of the DB load.

Looking forward to more move-in pictures. :)

Hi mae,

Kudos to you for your level of QC and your ID is really good. Your home looks really nice and I will be referring to your blog for tips next time for my next home or renovation

Hi mae,

Kudos to you for your level of QC and your ID is really good. Your home looks really nice and I will be referring to your blog for tips next time for my next home or renovation

Hi, BunBun

Thank you for visiting my blog.

There is always lessons learnt process for improvements. Thanks again for the compliment & praise for my ID.

Hi Mae,

Your house is really looking good - bright, cheery and importantly, it fits accordingly to most of your fengshui needs. It is always nice to live in a house with the comfort of peaceful mind.

Hehe, just like you, painting and re-painting were the order of the day during my renovation. Somehow, my ID kept getting the painters to come back few times to touch up even after we moved in.

One more item that you might want to consider, after your electrical final installation, is to blast all the lights/electrical gadgets in the house to ensure efficiency of the DB load.

Looking forward to more move-in pictures. :)

Hi,Reiki

Your house is also very beautiful too!

Many thanks for giving me all the advices and suggestions which I'm really appreciate it very much! It is not easy to monitor the reno progress alone by myself throughout the period. With all support, guidance, feedback, advices and so on from kind people like yourself, I'm glad that I am able to reach this milestone of my Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens!

Thanks again to all brothers & sisters in this renotalk forums!

Activities today:

The guy from a transport company came to access the volume of stuffs for transportation. He quoted me $300 for moving 30+ big cartons of barang2, one sofa bed, one wooden bench, one chest drawer and a safe back to my place. Luckily they still have available slot at 1-2 pm next Wednesday. So, I immediately confirmed the delivery service.

Have bought some 3M hooks & adhesives, and brushes, dustpan, etc.

By the way, I have to thank one forumer Andrew here who helps to arrange the items which I bought from Courts. He read my blog and asked me what are the items I have bought at Court, and he will ensure smooth delivery next week.

I asked if he can arrange for his delivery to add a Samsung 32" LCD TV, to save me the trip of going down to Courts personally. In less than an hour, he SMS to inform that he has arranged & his staff will be contacting me.

True enough, one Courts salesperson called me to confirm they have added one TV in addition to the fridge & washer for delivery on next Wednesday.

Andrew replied my message again saying he will ensure 'delivery as smooth as silk'. :)

Thank You, Andrew! It is your extra efforts that you have provided that makes a customer happy!

I am not feeling well since yesterday... Guess I am exhausted after several weeks of extensive monitoring on reno progress. Supposed to visit the doctor for a medical review, but ended up doing something else and probably I was too tired to travel far to my see my usual doctor. :(

I guess my PM box is always full of messages. Pls pardon me if my replies come late these days...

The locksmith installing locks at doors & gates.

I am used to getting this brand, and insist on this installer Mr Low for the lock. Unlike others, this guy will drill through the wrought iron metal & fasten the lock with screws hidden inside. So, there is double security and the lock is firmly secured onto the gate, unlike those common brand which is shaky and easily removed by any Dick, Tom and Harry.

If you have not seen how he installed the lock, you will never know how to dismantle it. It took my ID and me the whole day trying to figure out how to remove the old lock from the gate, before I eventually get my friend to call Mr Low for his step by step guide to remove it!

grq4_0ee_uc4it.jpg

grq4_78f_uc4it.jpg

It is one-key type, so I bought 2 sets from him: One set of lock & locking mechanism for the Main Gate + Main Door, and the other set for Side gate + side door. Each set comes with 6 pieces of keys.

Hihi,

Can you pm me the contact of Mr Low. Thanks alot

continued:

Solid surface for stove & sink area. Noticed the 'integrated' single sink bowl? I like it very much when ID posed me the idea of getting this kind of sink moulded with the solid surface. As mentioned in earlier post, I initially wanted a bottom mount sink, but ID is concerned of water seepage in the long use. He therefore proposed to go with this method, for lasting use.

Close up view of the single sink bowl:

sm6x_194_uc4it.jpg

grq4_4b9_uc4it.jpg

Mae29, I luv your integrated sink very much. Can it be bought at the normal shops or must order thru your ID? May I check the cost of your sink? Thanks. Btw, your reno makeover is awesome! Looking forward to the full pics on the whole hse.

Edited by friends78

Close up view of the single sink bowl:

sm6x_194_uc4it.jpg

can show the internals of the corner? are you using any magic corner baskets or rotating carousel there?

Mae29, I luv your integrated sink very much. Can it be bought at the normal shops or must order thru your ID? May I check the cost of your sink? Thanks. Btw, your reno makeover is awesome! Looking forward to the full pics on the whole hse.

Hi, friends78

I luv my sink as much too...

It is mould by the contractor for the solid surface worktop. I paid over $300+ for single bowl sink. You can ask your kitchen worktop contractor to mould single or double bowls sink together with your worktop.

It comes integrated with the worktop; there is no joints, no gaps, no cuts at all! Very neat! I have more pictures in the next post.

can show the internals of the corner? are you using any magic corner baskets or rotating carousel there?

Hi, neubie

You mean the internal underneath the sink inside the cabinet? There is no magic corner baskets or rotating carousel there, although these can be easily installed underneath.

Showing here is the complete sink with the tap mixer:

v15j_795_uc4it.jpg

grq4_f83_uc4it.jpg

Photographs of completed works todate:

Kitchen:

Awaiting for the carpenter to return on Monday & Tuesday to assemble the hobs.

grq4_5ba_uc4it.jpg

City Gas will only come to connect the gas pipe to stove on Wednesday, 26 January 2011, from 2:00pm to 4:00pm, as per timing given by me.

grq4_084_uc4it.jpg

Dining Area:

Carpenter will install the sliding wooden glass window cum with wooden ledge to the opening between Dining & Kitchen wall on Monday or Tuesday.

grq4_83e_uc4it.jpg

Another view with the warm lights and cove lights at kitchen foyer:

grq4_a48_uc4it.jpg

As much as I anticipated, the delivery for the dining table & chairs ordered from X'clusive Home is guaranteed to be delayed!

Edited by mae29

Hihi,

Can you pm me the contact of Mr Low. Thanks alot

Hi, Payton

PM sent.

As for your further queries, the brand of lock for gate is 'Castle'. Not sure if he supplies Yale brand. Have to check with him.

The tiler came last Friday to re-do the groutings filling up the gaps washed out by acid cleaning when painter finished their 2nd attempt to touch up and/or repainting.

Tiler Ah Lim, a smart decision by the contractor boss to send him over, called me up at about 4pm asking if I want to come back to check before he leaves. As I was unwell & held up elsewhere, I told him No, as it was alreay 4pm, and by the time I reached home, there won't be enough time.

So, I went back yesterday and found tiler had done a good job, attending to almost what I have conveyed when I met him during lunchtime on Friday. However, I had a detailed check around my whole house and found these:

- 2 pieces of wall tiles at common toilet have chipped corners, probably caused by other contractors when they use the facility.

- the joint between grey feature wall & side of door frame - grout lines need to touch up.

Painting is still a pain in the A**!!!!!!!

I am rejecting again, but I asked the Project Manager to get someone else to do the rectification. I understand they will send their in-house staff to come to attend to the problem, as Im afraid the painter will get very pissed off and will try to do 'something funny' to my house!!