Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Renovation progress:

By next Monday, the balance of carpentry for TV console, shoe cabinet, store room shelves / sliding doors and my headboard will be ready for installation.

As there will be plenty of boxes for unpacking, it will take me couple of days to unpack and neatly put them back before CNY. So, I am considering to shift my barang barang back on Wednesday, the day when ID hand over the reno completion.

Now, ernestly looking for a reliable mover. If you have good recommendation / contacts, please PM to me, or email linda.mae29@ymail.com.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The locksmith installing locks at doors & gates.

I am used to getting this brand, and insist on this installer Mr Low for the lock. Unlike others, this guy will drill through the wrought iron metal & fasten the lock with screws hidden inside. So, there is double security and the lock is firmly secured onto the gate, unlike those common brand which is shaky and easily removed by any Dick, Tom and Harry.

If you have not seen how he installed the lock, you will never know how to dismantle it. It took my ID and me the whole day trying to figure out how to remove the old lock from the gate, before I eventually get my friend to call Mr Low for his step by step guide to remove it!

grq4_0ee_uc4it.jpg

grq4_78f_uc4it.jpg

It is one-key type, so I bought 2 sets from him: One set of lock & locking mechanism for the Main Gate + Main Door, and the other set for Side gate + side door. Each set comes with 6 pieces of keys.

Hi mae,

wat a coincidence. I just met Mr Low in the lift the other day and he passed me his card. Do you remb how much he charge for one key access to wooden door and iron gate? He was mentioning to me not to wield the joints of the wrought iron gates but too late i already did it. Do u know the reasons why?

oinkoink

Hi mae,

wat a coincidence. I just met Mr Low in the lift the other day and he passed me his card. Do you remb how much he charge for one key access to wooden door and iron gate? He was mentioning to me not to wield the joints of the wrought iron gates but too late i already did it. Do u know the reasons why?

oinkoink

Mr Low seems to have good knowledge in this trade.

He charged $180 each for the lock on gate, and complete set of door handles with same key locking mechanism as gate @$150, total $330 for each entrance. If you change only the locking mechanism on your wooden door and the lock, then it will be around $200 plus for one key access to wooden door + lock on gate.

Mae can PM me your locksmith lobang?

Thanks.

JCase

I have sent the contact of my locksmith to you already.

Hi mae,

He was mentioning to me not to wield the joints of the wrought iron gates but too late i already did it. Do u know the reasons why?

oinkoink

hi, oinkoink1999

Mr Low explains alot to me, but all his words went in from one ear & then U- turn out! Dun understand much on things too technical for me. You can call him to clarify.

Edited by mae29

hi, oinkoink1999

Mr Low explains alot to me, but all his words went in from one ear & then U- turn out! Dun understand much on things too technical for me. You can call him to clarify.

interesting way of describing "not being able to understand"...

LOL... i guess if it's "words went in from one eat and out the other", it prob mean ignoring the message, or it's empty between the ears... :P

your palace is getting nicer as the day goes by! :D

your wash basin cabinet next to the WC is made of full acrylic?

hi, neubie

I went back this evening to check on the basin cabinet. It seems to be made of acrylic...

interesting way of describing "not being able to understand"...

LOL... i guess if it's "words went in from one ear and out the other", it prob mean ignoring the message, or it's empty between the ears... :P

I have to respect him, he gave so many solutions & advice, so just listen & nod nod my head, but draws blank!

Can PM me as well? Thanks..

Sure. Will pm u the contact of locksmith.

Counting Down to Handover Date 26 January 2011!

Items to complete or deliver next week are followings:

Monday 24 & Tues 25 Jan:

- carpenter to install TV console, bal of carpentry stuffs

- curtains for whole house

- wall paper for new wall facing entrance

- store room sliding door installation

- electrical final installation

Wednesday 26 Jan:

- furniture delivery

- items bought from Courts

to be continued

Our pole systems wardrobes - photographs showing the interior compartments:

Bedroom 4 - sliding doors c/w Black frosted Glass looks very classy!

15g7_a57_uc4it.jpg

One of the drawers has pigeon holes for his ties & belts

y8i_120_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 2 - sliding doors c/w Crystal White frosted Glass

grq4_fef_uc4it.jpg

...my son came last evening & bring along one of his guitars collection..

1914_517_uc4it.jpg

Our pole systems wardrobe - photographs of interior compartment - continued

Bedroom 3 - sliding doors c/w green frosted glass (according to his BaZi chart, he needs Wood Elements)

grq4_a18_uc4it.jpg

grq4_df6_uc4it.jpg

Master Bedroom - sliding doors c/w clear frosted glass

grq4_0e4_uc4it.jpg

Unable to take a full view due to narrow walking space...

grq4_798_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs

The whole wall at dining area & door frames were all repainted yesterday.

heng_efd_uc4it.jpg

This is the entrance foyer to my big kitchen. On the right is the space for store room cum shoe cabinet.

i2by_3fa_uc4it.jpg

...a familar person seen here helping to mop the floor....

ocaq_81c_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29