Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
manutd1972

False Ceiling Pricing

Got a question to ask the experienced folks here.

I received a quote of $1,390 for a false ceiling based on 345 sqft. As I've never done false ceiling for such a big area before, can I ask if this is a reasonable price? :unsure:

Works out to about $4.029 per sqft.

TIA.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Got a question to ask the experienced folks here.

I received a quote of $1,390 for a false ceiling based on 345 sqft. As I've never done false ceiling for such a big area before, can I ask if this is a reasonable price? :unsure:

Works out to about $4.029 per sqft.

TIA.

Reasonable pricing.. :yamseng:

tks Jaskel. appreciate the help. can always count on you. :good:

You r welcome ;) ...cos I charges $4.50psf meh :P so $4 is quite reasonable. If only small portion, it will be charges at 1 lump sum. 6", 8" 12" false ceiling is also different cost too. Of course there are cheaper cost too ard $2-3psf but u need to coordinate it yourself and if needed to come back and touch up, it will be another cost. Doing pelmet also another cost.

You r welcome ;) ...cos I charges $4.50psf meh :P so $4 is quite reasonable. If only small portion, it will be charges at 1 lump sum. 6", 8" 12" false ceiling is also different cost too. Of course there are cheaper cost too ard $2-3psf but u need to coordinate it yourself and if needed to come back and touch up, it will be another cost. Doing pelmet also another cost.

Hi,

My ID quoted this for MBR false ceiling.. can help me see if this is reasonable? Thanks in advance... totally no idea whether it is too expensive. :P

To supply & install 13ftx 5ft faalse ceiling in master room c/w down light & cove light $400.00

To supply & install 9 lighting points with 3 downlights & 6 T5 lights $700.00

6", 8" 12" false ceiling is also different cost too. Of course there are cheaper cost too ard $2-3psf but u need to coordinate it yourself and if needed to come back and touch up, it will be another cost. Doing pelmet also another cost.

haha....Jaskel, u just floored me wif this one. i hv absolutely no idea wat all these 6", 8", 12" means. i assume they refer to the height of the false ceiling? but hdb can only do 6" down frm the original ceiling rite? also dunno wat is pelmet.

in the end, due to the overall cost, i can't afford to do false ceiling for whole hall. my ID is proposing only a portion of the ceiling, covering the entrance foyer area, frm the corridor wall to where the side beam ends. so the false ceiling is flushed wif the beam and forms a good line, as well as hide almost all the electrical and speaker cable trunking. about 150mm down frm the ceiling. he's charging me $330 for the 2 portions but i dunno wat is the area.

sorry got no pics at the moment. i knw its a bit difficult to visualise w/o seeing my layout. keke....still thinking whether to do a T-blog on my reno. very time-consuming lah....hahaha...

A pelmet is a small board usually from top of ceiling, use to hide your curtain rails/ sliding door tophung threads.

Do a google and click on the images :sport-smiley-018:

Sounds like a good deal for your false ceiling.

Jaskel: I like your honesty :)

haha....Jaskel, u just floored me wif this one. i hv absolutely no idea wat all these 6", 8", 12" means. i assume they refer to the height of the false ceiling? but hdb can only do 6" down frm the original ceiling rite? also dunno wat is pelmet.

in the end, due to the overall cost, i can't afford to do false ceiling for whole hall. my ID is proposing only a portion of the ceiling, covering the entrance foyer area, frm the corridor wall to where the side beam ends. so the false ceiling is flushed wif the beam and forms a good line, as well as hide almost all the electrical and speaker cable trunking. about 150mm down frm the ceiling. he's charging me $330 for the 2 portions but i dunno wat is the area.

Edited by dexufto

Hi,

My ID quoted this for MBR false ceiling.. can help me see if this is reasonable? Thanks in advance... totally no idea whether it is too expensive. :P

To supply & install 13ftx 5ft faalse ceiling in master room c/w down light & cove light $400.00

To supply & install 9 lighting points with 3 downlights & 6 T5 lights $700.00

does $700 inclusive of lights equipment? If not, it's a cut throat price!

false ceiling 400 for 65sqft also cut throat...

A pelmet is a small board usually from top of ceiling, use to hide your curtain rails/ sliding door tophung threads.

Do a google and click on the images :sport-smiley-018:

Sounds like a good deal for your false ceiling.

Jaskel: I like your honesty :)

ahh...got it. tks. i've seen those before. some can be so ugly...haha.

yea, too bad i didn't come across this forum right at the start of my whole reno research process. If not, i wld have ask Jaskel for a quote....hehe....

regardless of inclusion of lights or not, it's still ex.

1 lighting point - avg $28 per point

install light - $10 per pc

downlight - avg $25 per pc

T5 - avg $20 per 4ft piece.

total - (9 x $28) + (9 x $10) + (3 x $25) + (6 x $20) = $537. How to get 700?

mind u, i got those above items for my own place at below those prices i listed.

regardless of inclusion of lights or not, it's still ex.

1 lighting point - avg $28 per point

install light - $10 per pc

downlight - avg $25 per pc

T5 - avg $20 per 4ft piece.

total - (9 x $28) + (9 x $10) + (3 x $25) + (6 x $20) = $537. How to get 700?

mind u, i got those above items for my own place at below those prices i listed.

Thanks for the reply....

final quote is 350 bucks for the 13ft x 5ft false ceiling

and 700 bucks for the installation of the lights (inclusive of lights)

his false ceiling very ex, but his other work are quite cheap...

sigh.. dilemma, donno wether should find other contractor to do false ceiling.. but very troublesome to find again...

anyway, thanks for the information!

false ceiling 400 for 65sqft also cut throat...

hi,

ya, it include the lights equipment....