Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Sims Drive 5i

Got my 3d drawing from Summit Design today. Gotta said that they are not impressive at all, as compared to the earlier ones i have from Darwin. Especially the tv console and feature wall, they look cheap and boring. I rather spend that 2k on ikea stuff.

And the drawings are not accurate to what we have discussed with the ID. Our kitchen solid top supposed to be black. There is no chimney. There should be more top cabinets. Bathroom design is also way off. I didnt ask for shower screen, and my vanity sink not suppose to be that location. All wardrobes look boring and dull.

Now i dunno whether to ask him to re-draw everything again? do i need to spoon feed him with design and reference pictures? haiz..

Living room

living-view1.jpg

Kitchen #1

kitchen-view2.jpg

Kitchen #2

kitchen-view1.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think a black top will make your kitchen look very dark... And with that wood colour perhaps white looks cleaner.

I thought the kitchen is okay, though the sink and stove seems to be a little too far away. Would be better if they were closer.

I agree that the wardrobe isn't very nice though...

You can definitely ask your ID to redraw, especially if you've already given him the deposit. For best results I think will need to show him actual pictures... get the planning stage right so that you don't have to change things in the middle of the reno.

actually if your bedroom flooring is laminates, better to have shower screen in MBR toilet. Reason is that it will keep a portion of the bathroom dry, so that u dry ur feet before stepping onto the laminates.

from my personal usage experience.. :)

Thanks guys, for the feedbacks. For shower screen, any cheap lobang out there? I know most ID will just quote $450 for it.

Today suppose to be the first day of reno work. Last min received sms from Eric saying got manpower issue. Can only start work Tuesday. Sweet lor, first day got pattern liao. He said my reno was confirmed very last min (2 weeks before today's date), that's why difficult to book labour. I also LL. Hope Tuesday and Wednesday can catch up. =(

Hi Steelze, I hope everything will go smoothly for you. I agree with you that the furniture design based on the 3D is ok only. I think you should ask them for redraw.

I also agree with the other forumer's comment on laminated flooring and shower screen. My rental flat right now is laminated flooring in the master bathroom and it needs a shower screen to keep the water splashing out at least the area near the door. This will help you maintain the laminated flooring in the master bedroom.

I went to Plush Living and A&D interior over the weekend. Still waiting for quotations. I also emailed my fp to a few contractors recommended by my friends. Eager to know the quotes. :)

I guess now is still early for me since my first app is mid of next month, so a lot of IDs told me my case is not urgent yet. I guess I am a bit too excited to start alrdy.

Hey, u can meet your ID and discuss what you want in your 3d. mine took 2 times to get it right.

Laminates for wardrobe is chosen by you, so choose whatever suits you! : )

yea, thanks for the advice. I have told my ID, and he said he will re-draw based on my reference photos.

Windows update

Yesterday i called up a few recommended sources from renotalk for changing my whole house widnows. These include UniPac, Alex from A&V (previously from Yick Hong), Mr Ong (Yick Hong, Mr Choo (Tech Guan) and TayBoonTat.

Impressed with Mr Choo and Alex pricing. Both quote me ard $14.5/sf for casement, and $12/sf for sliding. Eventually, Alex gave me a special discount (confidential) and i was more impressed with his responsiveness, professionism and experience. Will comment more about his workmanship upon the completion.

Air Con

After much procastination, i decided to go with Panasonic. I will be engaging Aron who is highly recommended here in renotalk. His partner, Sam came down onsite survey on last saturday, and this guy knows his stuff well. Not pushy and patient. Picing wise, he gave me the cheapest quote with fantastic installation stuffs FOC like stainless stell bracket, armaflex half inch thick insulation and G23 copper pipe.

Workmanship wise, I'll comment more about it upon completion.

yea, thanks for the advice. I have told my ID, and he said he will re-draw based on my reference photos.

Windows update

Yesterday i called up a few recommended sources from renotalk for changing my whole house widnows. These include UniPac, Alex from A&V (previously from Yick Hong), Mr Ong (Yick Hong, Mr Choo (Tech Guan) and TayBoonTat.

Impressed with Mr Choo and Alex pricing. Both quote me ard $14.5/sf for casement, and $12/sf for sliding. Eventually, Alex gave me a special discount (confidential) and i was more impressed with his responsiveness, professionism and experience. Will comment more about his workmanship upon the completion.

Workmanship wise, I'll comment more about it upon completion.

great to know u got a good price for windows! :)

something to read about HDB guidelines for windows, very important as poor installation might just injure people. Also click on the drawings to make sure they did not cut corners on screws, etc.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...ow?OpenDocument

Haha. U r talking like some hdb officer. Yeap, will take note on the end product. =)

What is click on the drawing?

Edited by steelze

Day 01 - Hacking (Part I)

Went down to see the hacking progress. It was like a war zone inside. I could barely walk with all the dismantled woods, shattered mirrors and tiles scattered around.

Living Room

IMG_1217.jpg

Studyroom

IMG_1219.jpg

Bedroom 3, store room and bedroom 2

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

Edited by steelze

Day 01 - Hacking (Part I) ...continued

Masterbed room

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

Master Bathroom

As i walked near to the bathroom, i heard running water. I was shocked to see that my water tap is running freely! i dunno since when the workers have left it run like this. I called up Eric. He said tomorrow the water tap will be dismantled, thus wont have this problem anymore. -_-!

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

Workers clearing the debris for today. 60% done only. Tomorrow will continue the hacking work. Frankly, i was quite surprised to see so many workers doing the hacking work at this timing (8.40pm). good job guys!

Edited by steelze

Bravo for the good start Steelze. For some reason, I like the view of the hacking :) at least it shows a beginning of a new plan.

Hope everything will go smoothly and can get finished before CNY.

Thanks a lot for all your inputs. I really appreciate that. I will do my own post after more quotes coming in and after the first app.

Nite...

hi donal5, you are welcomed. just sharing experience with you only. =)

yea, hacking is a good start. hope later evening when i go over, everything will be cleared so that i can walk ard freely to take measurement.

now busying sourcing for cheaper electrian. i realised my current electric quote is a bit high as compared to peers here in renotalk.

these are my current quote from Ah Soon:

1. 10A lighting point X30 ($32/each)

13A double point X 21 ($55/each)

13A single point X1 ($45/each)

20A water heater point (cum 2-way switch) - $150

Data point X4 (6cat) - $60/each

Cooker hood /hob point - $40

Installation of lighting ($8/each)

Installation of fan fixture X4 ($40/each)

1 set of MCB - $320

Door bell point with bell push button ($35)

SCV point X4 ($90/each)

Telephone point X2 ($45/each) - $80

Anyone here can recommend reliable and cheap electrian? I need him urgently cause my reno schedule for electrical work starts 16-Dec-10.