Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
istel

Yet Another 3rm In Tpy

hey looking forward to seeing your progress too! keep each other posted ya :)

Looking forward to your updates :)

Have you considered whom are you engaging for installation of aircon.

Noticed your aircon placement is in series (v1.0) with the rear wall of the bedrooms.. trunking will be an issue.

Would you consider relocating the air-con back to back at the wall (diving the both rooms), it will save the ugly trunking.

Unless you plan to have full-height cabinet at that area (which I don't see at v1.1)

Just a thought ince i'm at the a/c stage of my reno.

Good point dex bro, you mean to say I should put it at where I have the book shelf is at for my common room rite?

The series position is just the tentative position, I think I should change it to be closer to the room divider instead.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out :)

the placement of the queen size bed in the MBR will be squeezy for that person sleeping next to the wall to get in and out of bed. so may be better if the bed is placed along the length of the MBR.

placement of wardrobe next to the aircon in the MBR may obstruct the airflow.

can fit that square bathtub into the bathroom meh?

Tentative also, I'm trying to get a fengshui master to go look at my house before I decide on all the placements.

My wife has a tendency to roll around while sleeping so I put the bed against the wall so that she's boxed in while sleeping :P

Not doing wardrobe just a simple cardboard I guess, but good point, I might put the cardboard at the position where my bed is at now but that will put constraint on my dresser table -_-;

The one in the bathroom is just a shower head, no bathtub cause you and I know it's hard to fit it in only the shower room, even after hacking down the wall between also hard to squeeze one in...

Just something to check neu bro and dex bro, did your contractors waterproof the walls of the shower room as well or it's only the shower/toilet floor that was water proofed?

Thanks for all the pointers and keep them coming :P

Cheers

Edited by istel

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just something to check neu bro and dex bro, did your contractors waterproof the walls of the shower room as well or it's only the shower/toilet floor that was water proofed?

waterproofing is done only for the floor. no need for the walls to be waterproofed.

Placement of the bed is always a challenging task in a cramped room, come to think of it my earlier versions of floorplan is even worst; the only way to get off the bed was to slide forward only. LoL

It maybe possible now when we are agile, but when wtb is pregnant, things are gonna be challenging.

I don't remember seeing the tilers 'buttering' the walls but I do remember someone mentioning waterproof is necessary up to 150mm up against the wall;

here's a blog about waterproofing stress test

Hope I've answered your question.

Looking forward to your updates :)

Placement of the bed is always a challenging task in a cramped room, come to think of it my earlier versions of floorplan is even worst; the only way to get off the bed was to slide forward only. LoL

It maybe possible now when we are agile, but when wtb is pregnant, things are gonna be challenging.

I don't remember seeing the tilers 'buttering' the walls but I do remember someone mentioning waterproof is necessary up to 150mm up against the wall;

here's a blog about waterproofing stress test

Hope I've answered your question.

Hi Dex bro,

Apologies for the late replies... Yes, it's really a challenging task... We might end up getting a queen size bed with platform bed frame instead of a king size after all... It all depends on how I can squeeze my wardrobe and dresser together with the platform bed frame into the small room I guess... :bangwall:

For the waterproofing stress test portion, it appears that most contractors don't waterproof the walls... My contractor told me that without waterproofing, the moisture might seep into the concrete so by right HDB wants to see the walls waterproofed... :unsure: I've seen that link that you've posted here before but it slipped my mind, thanks for jogging it again :D

Another thing I need to check is, my contractor told me that I cannot re-route these pipes in my shower room.

photonov18110624pm.jpg

photonov18110641pm.jpg

photonov18110655pm.jpg

Contractor told me if I want to re-route these pipes, I have to sign some undertaking documents to tell HDB that I'll be responsible for any pipe leakage for my upper and lower floor neighbors... Do you guys have any issues in re routing your pipes? If I can't re-route my pipes then there's no point in I hacking down the walls between the shower and the toilet right? :(

Finally completed my second appointment today... Haven't got the keys as I've agreed to allow my seller to have the apartment till next Weds for storing his stuff before he moves them into his new flat...

Arranged for the SP utilities ownership transfer to happen next Tues so have to go and meet the SP utilities guy at my new place to allow him to do his meter reading cause the meter is inside the kitchen cabinet instead of the corridor... :bangwall:

These few days that I've not logged on to update my blog... I've been busy:

- Looking for furniture

- Looking for electrical appliances

- Looking for laminates

- Looking for ways to earn more money for renovation :D

For furniture, I believe we'll be getting S&C from AMK to help us with almost anything that contains wood...

For electrical appliances, we'll be getting most of them from Everjoint I guess...

I'm thinking of getting the cooking hob, hood and stove from Bosch as a friend has staff discount but I'm not sure if it'll be substantial savings...

Washing machine seems to be either top loader Hitachi or I'll go for top loader continental drum...

LCD... No idea yet but people keep telling me Sharp LCD very good... I was set on a Panasonic Plasma but there seems to be some class-action case in US against Panasonic for selling panels whose black lightens up to gray after a couple years of usage...

Aircon... seems to be Mitsubishi or Toshiba...

Fridge wise... am targeting 511L Panasonic NRBY601...

Laminate wise, I've decided on Pergo Practiq (Limed Oak Plank) that is on clearance sale at Floor Options

Here's the laminate and skirting that we've chosen

photonov18110742pm.jpg

photonov18110728pm.jpg

We realized that when we get Bryan from FO to bring the samples to our place. The laminate's color scheme is very similar to our current owner's marble flooring... Not sure if that's good or bad :D

photonov18110711pm.jpg

Will try to update this space more often now that I'm nearing the collection of my house keys :sport-smiley-004:

Finally completed my second appointment today... Haven't got the keys as I've agreed to allow my seller to have the apartment till next Weds for storing his stuff before he moves them into his new flat...

Arranged for the SP utilities ownership transfer to happen next Tues so have to go and meet the SP utilities guy at my new place to allow him to do his meter reading cause the meter is inside the kitchen cabinet instead of the corridor... :bangwall:

These few days that I've not logged on to update my blog... I've been busy:

- Looking for furniture

- Looking for electrical appliances

- Looking for laminates

- Looking for ways to earn more money for renovation :D

For furniture, I believe we'll be getting S&C from AMK to help us with almost anything that contains wood...

For electrical appliances, we'll be getting most of them from Everjoint I guess...

I'm thinking of getting the cooking hob, hood and stove from Bosch as a friend has staff discount but I'm not sure if it'll be substantial savings...

Washing machine seems to be either top loader Hitachi or I'll go for top loader continental drum...

LCD... No idea yet but people keep telling me Sharp LCD very good... I was set on a Panasonic Plasma but there seems to be some class-action case in US against Panasonic for selling panels whose black lightens up to gray after a couple years of usage...

Aircon... seems to be Mitsubishi or Toshiba...

Fridge wise... am targeting 511L Panasonic NRBY601...

Laminate wise, I've decided on Pergo Practiq (Limed Oak Plank) that is on clearance sale at Floor Options

Here's the laminate and skirting that we've chosen

photonov18110742pm.jpg

photonov18110728pm.jpg

We realized that when we get Bryan from FO to bring the samples to our place. The laminate's color scheme is very similar to our current owner's marble flooring... Not sure if that's good or bad :D

photonov18110711pm.jpg

Will try to update this space more often now that I'm nearing the collection of my house keys :sport-smiley-004:

Nice flooring!! Please post more pictures.

I also get my laminate flooring from flooroption, their showroom have some stocks (good Practiq AC5 series) on clearance, you need to go down to take a look as they are limited stock that may not be enough for your floorings.

Nice flooring!! Please post more pictures.

I also get my laminate flooring from flooroption, their showroom have some stocks (good Practiq AC5 series) on clearance, you need to go down to take a look as they are limited stock that may not be enough for your floorings.

Will be waiting to hear about your experience with them :) my installation will probably take place somewhere in mid Jan.

Took the clearance stock and heng heng got enough stock left to cover my living and 2 Brooms.

Paid 50% down payment of $5.06 psf from $5.20 psf before gst for the Practiq AC5... Let me know if you managed to squeeze more discount out of them kay? haha...

Edited by istel

Finally got my keys today and went to select tiles for the kitchen, toilets and utility room.

This will be the tile for my kitchen and utility room floor

selectedkitchenfloortil.th.jpg

This will be the tile for my kitchen wall

selectedkitchenwalltile.th.jpg

Lastly, the tiles we selected for our shower room and toilet

selectedtoilettiles.th.jpg

The laminate and skirting we've chosen earlier for comparison

photonov18110728pm.jpg

Edited by istel

wah, progress starting to pick up speed liao.... :D dun worry too much about ur aircon, just fix the design u want, tell ur aircon contractor and main con and they will know what to do liao.... :D

Hi Dex bro,

Apologies for the late replies... Yes, it's really a challenging task... We might end up getting a queen size bed with platform bed frame instead of a king size after all... It all depends on how I can squeeze my wardrobe and dresser together with the platform bed frame into the small room I guess... :bangwall:

For the waterproofing stress test portion, it appears that most contractors don't waterproof the walls... My contractor told me that without waterproofing, the moisture might seep into the concrete so by right HDB wants to see the walls waterproofed... :unsure: I've seen that link that you've posted here before but it slipped my mind, thanks for jogging it again :D

Another thing I need to check is, my contractor told me that I cannot re-route these pipes in my shower room.

photonov18110624pm.jpg

photonov18110641pm.jpg

photonov18110655pm.jpg

Contractor told me if I want to re-route these pipes, I have to sign some undertaking documents to tell HDB that I'll be responsible for any pipe leakage for my upper and lower floor neighbors... Do you guys have any issues in re routing your pipes? If I can't re-route my pipes then there's no point in I hacking down the walls between the shower and the toilet right? :(

Will be monitoring your post on the piping... coz i face the same problem too... in between the shower n toilet stands a long pipe. wanna consider hacking to create more space but hinder of pipes

Hihi,

I remember some forumers reconfigured these pipings before;

one of them is Goobi. you may want to drop by his thread and take a look.

Just saw him posted, you may wanna ask him for advice shicnce he is still active in the thread. :)

Hi Dex bro,

Will be monitoring your post on the piping... coz i face the same problem too... in between the shower n toilet stands a long pipe. wanna consider hacking to create more space but hinder of pipes

Started the renovation by doing away with the kitchen cabinet and the wardrobe in the MBR.

Kitchen Cabinet - Before

img0029fr.th.jpg

Kitchen Cabinet - After

img0002ww.th.jpg

Wardrobe - Before

img0015nh.th.jpg

Wardrobe - After

img0006fd.th.jpg

Couple of these vermins and its eggsack scattered around the kitchen area after cabinet hacking... :jawdrop:

img0003b0.th.jpg

Will update when I talk to my contractor again, please do update me as well in regards to your situation too kay :)

Hihi,

I remember some forumers reconfigured these pipings before;

one of them is Goobi. you may want to drop by his thread and take a look.

Just saw him posted, you may wanna ask him for advice shicnce he is still active in the thread. :)

I did drop by his thread before actually and saw that he had the pipes re-routed nicely.

That's where I had the idea that the pipes can actually be re-routed and was shocked when my contractor told me otherwise.

However, it appears only his contractor is the one responsible for it so Goobi has actually said to call his contractor instead...

A bit paiseh to call his contractor to ask about such things haha...