Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
advancer

Removing Toilet Vent Pipes

Hi guys just wanna check with you all whom have changed your toilet pipes from the old cast iron to the pvc ones.

I had this ugly vent pipe that is running horizontally across my MBR toilet floor (below the basin in picture) and i intend to make the right corner of the toilet a shower area.

Had asked the plumber if it is ok to remove and he gave the green light however warning me that the toilet may smell because there is no place for the smell to vent out to.

Can anyone who have done this experience foul smell in their toilets?

IMG_0101.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi guys just wanna check with you all whom have changed your toilet pipes from the old cast iron to the pvc ones.

I had this ugly vent pipe that is running horizontally across my MBR toilet floor (below the basin in picture) and i intend to make the right corner of the toilet a shower area.

Had asked the plumber if it is ok to remove and he gave the green light however warning me that the toilet may smell because there is no place for the smell to vent out to.

Can anyone who have done this experience foul smell in their toilets?

IMG_0101.jpg

this horizontal vent pipe is actually main vent pipe for the fixtures at the other end. need to know where does the other end of the vent pipe connects to?

Mine was removed by my contractor w/o my consent (regretfully) and i do notice a fade odour now.

Hi There

Just saw your message from the search. I am facing the same issue, just wondering did you manage to find a remedy to your problem