Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Revamp Of A 40yo 3rm Pigeonhole...

Yesterday my Hdmi cables ordered online finally arrived from HK :D after a month-long wait though…

20039671.jpg

5 pcs 1.5m v1.3 no frills cable costing <$6 per piece incl shipping… compared to sim lim towers $20+ a piece, dun even need to mention sim lim square or other neighborhood stores that sells those chio snakeskin design at a cutthroat premium :D

Can retire my component RCA interconnects liao…

Edited by neubie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Brought my contractor to view my flat just today... Waiting for the quote on the final confirmation :(

so the quote is getting cheaper or dearer? :P

Hi Neubie,

Can u share with me your quotation? Met up with Alan after reading your TBlog and waiting forhis quotation now

gr8 to hear that. hope u are comfy with him in terms of pricing and personality.... will keep in touch.

bought some 3mm clear acrylic sheet to cover the bottom of my wrought-iron gate. as my living room floor is just 2 inches above of the common corridor, when TC doing their scheduled washing, water will kena the gate and cause rusting easily....

Marker pen, cable ties, cordless drill and wire snips is all that is required... mark out the holes on the protective brown wax paper pasted to the sheet, drill and tear off the brown paper

IMG_1541.jpg

Half-hour later and it's done :P

IMG_1543.jpg

but may replace the cable ties with s/s ones for more strength... tmr go hunt for them.... ;)

so the quote is getting cheaper or dearer? :P

So far, without the laminate, doors and aircon seem a bit cheaper... around 18-19k :(

Going down again tomorrow for exact measurements and tile selections... Will update again after that haha :P

haha, well said bro.

One consolation I have is afterall it's still 4 ticks (& 2nd fridge in running in terms of energy efficient)

and fridge doesn't really consume the same power all the time, assuming that you don't keep opening

the fridge door.

yes, how loaded is the fridge and how often the fridge is opened/close has a direct impact on the consumption. ceteris paribus, the compressor kicks in and cuts out at (long) intervals so it is not running all the time.

oic.

yes, how loaded is the fridge and how often the fridge is opened/close has a direct impact on the consumption. ceteris paribus, the compressor kicks in and cuts out at (long) intervals so it is not running all the time.

So has the clear acrylic sheet been effective?

bought some 3mm clear acrylic sheet to cover the bottom of my wrought-iron gate. as my living room floor is just 2 inches above of the common corridor, when TC doing their scheduled washing, water will kena the gate and cause rusting easily....

Marker pen, cable ties, cordless drill and wire snips is all that is required... mark out the holes on the protective brown wax paper pasted to the sheet, drill and tear off the brown paper

IMG_1541.jpg

Half-hour later and it's done :P

IMG_1543.jpg

but may replace the cable ties with s/s ones for more strength... tmr go hunt for them.... ;)

Istel, Seems like you are doing well with your homework.

Goodluck

So far, without the laminate, doors and aircon seem a bit cheaper... around 18-19k :(

Going down again tomorrow for exact measurements and tile selections... Will update again after that haha :P

shd be no brainer one... haha, since i see all the units along the common corridor all install some form of plastic protection at their gates, useful or not, it shd work well......monkey see monkey do, my neighbours do i oso lor.... :D the shop told me all acrylics/polycarbonate perspex/plexiglass will age and become yellow and blur with time... if not shop will chup lup liao...

Edited by neubie

bought a digital clock today.... needed something that's big and bright at night, wide angle view from utility room to living room also no problem....haaaa.....

displays time, alarm, date and temperature (deg C or F displayable) ... :P

IMG_1542.jpg

Yesterday my Hdmi cables ordered online finally arrived from HK :D after a month-long wait though…

20039671.jpg

5 pcs 1.5m v1.3 no frills cable costing <$6 per piece incl shipping… compared to sim lim towers $20+ a piece, dun even need to mention sim lim square or other neighborhood stores that sells those chio snakeskin design at a cutthroat premium :D

Can retire my component RCA interconnects liao…

Neubie, is there any specifications we should look for in a HDMI cable? Understand there are different quality?

bought a digital clock today.... needed something that's big and bright at night, wide angle view from utility room to living room also no problem....haaaa.....

displays time, alarm, date and temperature (deg C or F displayable) ... :P

IMG_1542.jpg

The digital clock is beautiful. Where did you get it from?

The digital clock is beautiful. Where did you get it from?

got it at Marina Square #03-301. $79. I dunno why am I paying so much for a clock, but the design is simple and nice, with battery backup or able to run on 4 x AA batteries or supplied AC adaptor. the shop there got other colors of LEDs to choose from, green, red, white, blue.

Oregon Scientific is also nice with their high-tech clocks....may consider this for my bedroom..... :D

Got some stainless-steel cable ties to replace the plastic ones... once loop thru, can forget about loosening liao....only way is to use metal snip/cutter to cut :yeah:

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

Got some stainless-steel cable ties to replace the plastic ones... once loop thru, can forget about loosening liao....only way is to use metal snip/cutter to cut :yeah:

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

neubie, u certainly know where to get all these nice nice accessories for your house. BTW, i got my blinds from Ikea. Each 1.2m wide blind cost $30+, but the quality is not very good. So, I wont recommend. But it is very cheap as compared to the professional curtain/blind makers.