Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aileen

Drying Clothes Solution For Small Condo

I have a small drying area and is looking for an inexpensive solution for drying clothes which can be mounted onto the wall or ceiling

Saw in EXPO last week , 1 company was selling clothes hanging solution from $300 - $700. Didnt get it then cause thinking of scouting around more.

Anyone has any suggestion on which company sells good and reasonably priced drying clothes solution ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I have a small drying area and is looking for an inexpensive solution for drying clothes which can be mounted onto the wall or ceiling

Saw in EXPO last week , 1 company was selling clothes hanging solution from $300 - $700. Didnt get it then cause thinking of scouting around more.

Anyone has any suggestion on which company sells good and reasonably priced drying clothes solution ?

I have the same problem, infact I have no laundry area so i will need to use the balcony for laundry. we'll probably use those foldable standup racks, cost only $50+ :)

Facing the same crappy issue as well. Was contemplating those hydraulic solution u mentioned but after a round of careful thoughts, deduced the said solution was just not worth for $$. My kitchen area is just too small. Though good enough to mount the said solution but its too 'stretch'. Would prolly dry at my balcony.

Facing the same crappy issue as well. Was contemplating those hydraulic solution u mentioned but after a round of careful thoughts, deduced the said solution was just not worth for $$. My kitchen area is just too small. Though good enough to mount the said solution but its too 'stretch'. Would prolly dry at my balcony.

How about those simpler wall mounted solutions in Howard's Storage or something? But these are not THAT sturdy, but probably enough for small condo (which I assume also means fewer people and clothes ;P)

Not from a condo, but similar problem as my HDB kitchen was too small, and don't really like the idea of having to keep all the clothes before cooking, so I took a gamble to install a gas dryer from Citygas as I've not heard much reviews (or I've probably not searched enough).

I just moved in my unit about a week, the dryer works great! Clothes that comes out of the dryer is soft, dry, no weird smell, etc.

Citygas folks mount it on top of my washer, so I just need to transfer the washed clothes up to the dryer. No more laying out clothes on the bamboo sticks, putting on clothes pegs, and hanging them up/out.

Might be worth considering.. :)

Get a dryer. It's solve a lot of problems for you.

Edited by tansn

but like bed sheet or quilt, dryer can not make them fully dry.

I have been using clothes dryer for years and I can't live without it. Unless yours is not the standalone type then maybe it doesn't try your bedsheets fully but otherwise, it dries everything 100%! You will like it once you use it cos it's so convenient -- just throw all your stuff in and you can go about doing other things cos it has timer settings and you don't have to worry about the freaky SG weather (rain suddenly), bird droppings and it's so safe cos you don't have to use those clothes poles thingy :)

I have been using clothes dryer for years and I can't live without it. Unless yours is not the standalone type then maybe it doesn't try your bedsheets fully but otherwise, it dries everything 100%! You will like it once you use it cos it's so convenient -- just throw all your stuff in and you can go about doing other things cos it has timer settings and you don't have to worry about the freaky SG weather (rain suddenly), bird droppings and it's so safe cos you don't have to use those clothes poles thingy :)

what is the average monthly power/gas bill like?

what is the average monthly power/gas bill like?

I can't tell you exact amount but my monthly elect bill is about $130-$150 per month. I switch on 2 aircons in my bedrooms from about 10pm to 7am, 2 fans in living room from 7am to 9pm (for my doggy), wash and dry about 4 loads of clothes a week, etc.. I think the bill is not too bad...

I can't tell you exact amount but my monthly elect bill is about $130-$150 per month. I switch on 2 aircons in my bedrooms from about 10pm to 7am, 2 fans in living room from 7am to 9pm (for my doggy), wash and dry about 4 loads of clothes a week, etc.. I think the bill is not too bad...

if it's below the national average graph then may consider using...

if you are interested, I have purchased a set of this laundry system (3 OR 4 poles) from tame productions @ $548, but I have decided to make do with my current laundry hanger. I have paid $100 deposit for it, but all you need to pay will be $448 upon delivery if you are interested. I will call them to arrange the change of address.

Here is the said system... :)

ezyhangarinside.jpg

ezyhangaroutside2.jpg

Just drop me a PM if anything :)

i have the same problem because our laundry area (or backyard) is very small.

initially, we thought of getting a washer-dryer. but most people advised us against it because they say the drying function is not very effective. plus it's very expensive (at least 1k).

then we chanced upon this clothes hanger that is installed from the ceiling (pull down and up with strings). we paid only $300-400 for it. and i absolute love it!