Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tweety3334

How To Place My Furnitures

Hi All,

Anyone can help? I have problem placing my furniture, especially tv. I approached few IDs and they have several ideas but all involve drastic hacking of walls. I have 2 ideas...want to attach pdf pictures but how to do it har?

For the first idea, the tv and sofa seems abit close. For second idea, the odd position of tv make the dining area smaller and also maybe blocking the way. Anyone has ideas to contribute? Thanks alot.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I just learn to paste photo as well. I try for quite long time to upload to http://www.flickr.com but it takes long time.

I'm a IT Idiot. So, my husband asked me to use facebook coz I'm more familiar with it..

Steps:

1. Upload the photo to facebook (Can set the album privacy if you want2)

2. Right click to the uploaded photo select "Properties" and copy the Address (URL)

3. Go to your RT compose panel, choose "Insert Image" and paste the "URL"

Cheers!!!

Halo, anyone can help?

Take the 1st idea can liao. TV console 450mm, sofa 1000mm (hope not L-shaped sofa), space left est. 1550mm.

Hi Mr/Miss/Mdm,

You do have a very cramped living room but however its still possible to have a comfortable living area.

Both ideas work but the 1st one has the potential to make the space bigger.

Adopt the 1st idea and choose your furnitures, like sofa and side tables wisely.

Choose those low and smaller configuration. Sofa max 1200 will do.

If your furnitures is small in size, it will visually allow the space to look bigger.

If any doubts, email me at ***@yahoo.com.sg

Cheers :)

- Quite "odd" hall/main door/kitchen door layout.

- Main passage way caught in between TV & sofa, not a "good" layout design, will cause unnecessary disputes.

- Preferably move dining table to near kitchen entrance.

- Change study room's door facing main door or "sofa" in #1 layout.

- Block up existing study rm's door, as "back for sofa.

- Relocated kitchen's door toward extreme left.

- Have bigger backgroud for TV.

Edited by bepgof

Renovating a new house is very exciting . Although it may seem logical that to get small furnitures will make room looks bigger , I begged to differ. Sometimes big sofa placed in the right place will make room bigger. All that can only comments after seeing the actual unit. Many of my neighbors commented that my place looks bigger than theirs. I think it because of my 3m x 1.2 m sofa :)

Renovating a new house is very exciting . Although it may seem logical that to get small furnitures will make room looks bigger , I begged to differ. Sometimes big sofa placed in the right place will make room bigger. All that can only comments after seeing the actual unit. Many of my neighbors commented that my place looks bigger than theirs. I think it because of my 3m x 1.2 m sofa :)

Hi Jgal, wow gaint customised sofa? I have a low heigh (as bench) and loooong shoe cabinet ~ 12 ft (longer than yr sofa haha)under the panel of window.

Edited by bepgof

- Quite "odd" hall/main door/kitchen door layout.

- Main passage way caught in between TV & sofa, not a "good" layout design, will cause unnecessary disputes.

- Preferably move dining table to near kitchen entrance.

- Change study room's door facing main door or "sofa" in #1 layout.

- Block up existing study rm's door, as "back for sofa.

- Relocated kitchen's door toward extreme left.

- Have bigger backgroud for TV.

Hello, u know alot abt fengshui? Am thinking of getting a FS master to view my hse before I start reno but alot of different feebdback abt all FS Master so don't know is it gd to use one.

Hi Jgal, wow gaint customised sofa? I have a low heigh (as bench) and loooong shoe cabinet ~ 12 ft (longer than yr sofa haha)under the panel of window.

Bingo, I was discussing with my hubby and we may get a 5 seater long sofa and place at the 1st idea location cos that stretch is very long and will look very empty if we put a small sofa. If we have a 3.2m sofa, the tv can still be at the center of the 5 seater sofa cos living room is really long.

Bingo, I was discussing with my hubby and we may get a 5 seater long sofa and place at the 1st idea location cos that stretch is very long and will look very empty if we put a small sofa. If we have a 3.2m sofa, the tv can still be at the center of the 5 seater sofa cos living room is really long.

I also thinking of having a long shoe cabinet bench for sitting near to the window.

Hello, u know alot abt fengshui? Am thinking of getting a FS master to view my hse before I start reno but alot of different feebdback abt all FS Master so don't know is it gd to use one.

Knowing is one thing, understanding is another, applying is display of "what one knows & understands". See my posts in "Geomancy/Fengshui".

- You've good layout of all the windows and doors for good air flow, if high fl will be better. Will PM you more details, may be this evening.

Edited by bepgof