Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fattyfatfat

Anyone Done Stainless Steel Worktop For Kitchen?

I am sourcing for contractors to do my renovation. I realized stainless steel kitchens dont seem to be very common. Like to know if anyone has any contacts to share on contractors who do stainless steel worktops?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

contractors should and would have lobangs for all these. :)

i was quoted around $160pfr for the kitchen stainless steel top by contractors typically, u can use it as a gauge.

we did ours with a direct carpenter though, as price was bundled in, i also not sure how much it costs, but total carpentry works is like 30% cheaper than thru contractor...

a "not so recent picture" :P

P1050653.jpg

contractors should and would have lobangs for all these. :)

i was quoted around $160pfr for the kitchen stainless steel top by contractors typically, u can use it as a gauge.

we did ours with a direct carpenter though, as price was bundled in, i also not sure how much it costs, but total carpentry works is like 30% cheaper than thru contractor...

a "not so recent picture" :P

P1050653.jpg

Wow, nice leh :) I DO like stainless steel top! Thanks for the info! You still have your carpenter's contact?

I heard warnings about stainless steel got a lot scratches and uneven surface.. is it true?

Wow, nice leh :) I DO like stainless steel top! Thanks for the info! You still have your carpenter's contact?

I heard warnings about stainless steel got a lot scratches and uneven surface.. is it true?

I intend to use stainless steel for worktop and bar counter. I think I am okay with scratches because that's normal. Uneven surface will be hard to swallow...

I intend to use stainless steel for worktop and bar counter. I think I am okay with scratches because that's normal. Uneven surface will be hard to swallow...

stainless steel worktop.. how much and how long is ur work top? curious.. :unsure:

hmm nope its very even... not that i use a "shui ping chi" to measure la... :P

scratches yes, now already got a few fine ones... can use the 3M stainless steel polish, then will look very pretty... :)

carpenter i will PM u the contact. :)

hmm nope its very even... not that i use a "shui ping chi" to measure la... :P

scratches yes, now already got a few fine ones... can use the 3M stainless steel polish, then will look very pretty... :)

carpenter i will PM u the contact. :)

I was told by an ID that stainless steel will have like "air bubble" effect after sometime.. that's why I was asking about the uneven effect. Glad to know no such problem!

I got the contact already. Thank you so much :D

Btw, read your blog, the DIYs are all so interesting and nice! I wanna go Ikea buy cute cloths keep also *haha*

I was told by an ID that stainless steel will have like "air bubble" effect after sometime.. that's why I was asking about the uneven effect. Glad to know no such problem!

I got the contact already. Thank you so much :D

Btw, read your blog, the DIYs are all so interesting and nice! I wanna go Ikea buy cute cloths keep also *haha*

air bubbles...??? hmm had not heard of it....the worst enemy is actually water stains...need to wipe dry after use. :)

:) have a good time renovating!

gimz,

may I have the carpenter's contact? I am thiking of doing my kitchen renovation next year - and I LOVE stainless steel kitchen tops.

thanks! :D :D

gimz,

may I have the carpenter's contact? I am thiking of doing my kitchen renovation next year - and I LOVE stainless steel kitchen tops.

thanks! :D :D

wah next year reno and u start doing homework already? :)

sure, will PM u.

have to let u know he is a carpenter, so u gotta supply the design urself. he will provide advice also... :)

Don't know about stainless steel worktop, but I used to have a stainless steel top dining table. I find that it is very high maintenance, you will always see water stains afer u clean it. Sometimes after it is dry, the water mark still remains, pretty unsightly. Also, the problem of uneven surface, after sometime, somehow, the stainless steel sheet and the backing sort of debonded at isolated locations, causing the unevenness. Btw, stainless steel comes in different finishes, hairline, non-directional, polished, just to name a few. Each finish also has it's own pros and cons.