Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
strawberry8

Finally Settled In....

where u got The black shelf and your house is nice.

the black shelf in my master bedroom?

My carpenter did it FOC for me.

It is just a simple shelf laminated in black glossy laminate.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
AFTER - Master Toilet

Aircon piping:

Clever way to meet both criteria - HDB does not allow burying of aircon piping & asethetically look ok.

Build a 'long kang' to drain the water into the wet shower area. This is build behind bifold door.

MasterToilet-AirconPiping.jpg

Thought HDB approve conceal air con discharge pipe. Also no need permit.

Sanitary & Plumbing / Gas Works that do not require permit

"Concealing air-con discharge pipe in floor finishes"

Reinforced concrete floor slab must not be tampered with

The concealment must be within the floor finishes only

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...ks?OpenDocument

AFTER - Master Toilet

Similar to kitchen black-n-white toilet.

Also using the white solid top from kitchen to build the mirror tray and shower tray.

Stainless steel piping beneath toilet sink.

Stainless steel floor traps.

MasterToilet-BowlSink.jpg

very nice :D~~~

my Tampines flat will achieve a similar look, in terms of the stainless steel piping :D

Aircon piping:

Clever way to meet both criteria - HDB does not allow burying of aircon piping & asethetically look ok.

Build a 'long kang' to drain the water into the wet shower area. This is build behind bifold door.

Actually, there are other ways, eg. boxup like this.

step by step process:

mbrbathroom.jpg

drilling.jpg

boxup.jpg

bathroomb.jpg

but you probably don't want to do this if your pipes are not new as they may need replacing. it requires some coordination though :D

Thanks for the tip.

But if I box up the bathroom pipes, toilet bowl will be too close to the cement box-up :bangwall: ....too close ...stupid toilet layout ....sigh

hence in the end, just leave the pipes exposed.

in your opinion, could the aircon piping be concealed beneath the floor tiles?

what is the disadv of doing so?

Thanks for the tip.

But if I box up the bathroom pipes, toilet bowl will be too close to the cement box-up :bangwall: ....too close ...stupid toilet layout ....sigh

hence in the end, just leave the pipes exposed.

in your opinion, could the aircon piping be concealed beneath the floor tiles?

what is the disadv of doing so?

Hmm that may not be ideal as there may be cases where you want to clear any obstructions in the aircon pipe but you can't because they are under the floor tiles. My method is better as I am still able to clear the obstructions (usually they use a suction cleaner) easily.

Edited by ossify

wow, your girl can really draw very well! very nice works she has done there. how old is she?

and i really like those white panels in your dining area. gives it an english feel. so nice..

AFTER - Service Balcony

Installed ss water pipes with IKEA curtain brackets as towel rods for my 2 kids and helper as there is no space in toilet to hang the towels due to layout :bangwall:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/sum...welSSRods-1.jpg

Also asked my contractor to buy ss pipes for my clothes rod.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/sum...hesSSRods-1.jpg

Did not box up pipes in service balcony.

strawberry8, i like the idea of using the ss pipes heavy as clothes rod. But are they heavy?

How much does this cost you?

Edited by clloud

wow, your girl can really draw very well! very nice works she has done there. how old is she?

and i really like those white panels in your dining area. gives it an english feel. so nice..

She is 9.

We still have some pices not hung up...waiting to purchase more from as-is corner in IKEA :P

Put 2 of her paintings on the bookcase in study room too...in case you did not notice :rolleyes:

White panels - no choice...matt Bordelac NIPPON only comes in white or black.

We did not want the shiny Bordelac paint.

The original was brown lacquered Naytoh wood :bangwall:

strawberry8, i like the idea of using the ss pipes heavy as clothes rod. But are they heavy?

How much does this cost you?

Not heavy and I dont bring these rods down.

I use them as hanging bedsheets, towels.

I put them up onto big hangers (that I bought from Toyogo warehouse 2 for $3) and hang the hangers onto the rods using ladder :P

SS water pipes come in 2 sizes - 0.6 inch and 0.9 inch (I think).

I shd have got the 'fatter' one as laundry rods but functionality-wise no difference.

My contractor bought them (laundry rods and towel rods) for me; did not ask me to pay the 2nd time.

He only charged me the 1st time when I asked him to buy the curtain rods which he charged me $50 for whole-house curtain rods which included 4 bedrooms and living room. That was a total of 18.2m / 60 feet.

To hang my usual laundry - i use IKEA clothes dryer at $19 - cheap and good.

She is 9.

We still have some pices not hung up...waiting to purchase more from as-is corner in IKEA :P

Put 2 of her paintings on the bookcase in study room too...in case you did not notice :rolleyes:

White panels - no choice...matt Bordelac NIPPON only comes in white or black.

We did not want the shiny Bordelac paint.

The original was brown lacquered Naytoh wood :bangwall:

impressive! 9 years can draw like that.. she's really good.

well, the panels look good wor.

Hi strawberry,

Mind asking you, whats the damage for spray painting white your tall cab near your dining area. I believe its "spray" right? Also, I believe cannot spray laminate wood right ?

I like the white look after the makeover :)

Hi strawberry,

Mind asking you, whats the damage for spray painting white your tall cab near your dining area. I believe its "spray" right? Also, I believe cannot spray laminate wood right ?

I like the white look after the makeover :)

Nope, they are all DIY painted by hubby, I and my kids :P

They are not laminated wood but naytoh lacquered wood.

The folding door of the study room, living room cabinet and all the recess sliding cabinets below the living/dining, study and 2 bedrooms - yup, all painted using NIPPON BORDELAC matt white paint (for wood).

I sandpaper lightly, used JOTUN primer to paint 1st layer and then NIPPON BORDELAC matt white.

I was quoted 1+K by my painter if I wanted him to paint the above.

I was also quoted 5K if I want to hack away and rebuilt the cabinets and another 1.5K for a new folding door.

Not willing to spend this money so I spend $80 for sandpaper, roller brushes, 1 can of 5L Jotun, 1 can of 5L NIPPON paint and 2.5 days to paint everthing listed above. :paint:

I have not figured out how to paint over laminated wood.

If I know, I would paint over my TV console in living room and perhaps even my CD tower and bookcase in my study room :yamseng:

Edited by strawberry8