Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dexufto

We Live Love Laugh

Hi dexufto,

How much did u spend on the whole renovation and which contractor u engaged to?

Last but not least,

My renovation quotation/ expenses from my main contractor;

Mr Edmund Goh from A-Decor designs & Contacts (HB-06-3119E).

hacking works

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing half-wall tiles at kitchen

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing wall tiles at 2 bathrooms

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing floor tiles at 2 bathroom

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing wall (2.7m) bet living & bedroom

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing wall (3m) bedroom 1 & bedroom2

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing wall (0.9m) at bedroom 1- recreate door opening

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing wall (0.8m) kitchen & bathroom

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing wall (0.7m) bet 2 bathroom

supply labour & material to hack & remove existing wall (0.7m + 1.4m) bet living & kitchen

Mansory/ wetworks

supply haulage & sand

supply labour & material to lay HT floor at 2 bathrooms (appx 2.32m x 1.35m + 0.6m x 0.6m)

supply labour & material to lay WT at 2 bathrooms

supply labour & material to lay mosiac tiles at bathroom

supply labour & material to plaster & smooth whole unit excluding utility room

supply labour & material to lay waterproofing at 2 bathrooms

supply labour & material to lay new wall (C-shape, 0.7m x 0.8m) bet kitchen & bathroom

supply labour & material to erect new wall (parition, L-shape 0.6m x 2.7m) bet living & bedroom2

supply labour & material to lay new wall (parition, 2.4m) at bedroom2

supply labour & material to lay new wall (parition, 3m) bet bedroom1 & bedroom2

supply labour & material to seal door at bedroom1

supply labour & material to construct new door at bedroom1

supply labour & material to extend floor of living into kitchen (0.9m x 2.8m)

supply labour & material to lay new wall (parition, 0.7m) bet living & kitchen

supply labour & material to construct new kitchen cabinet base

supply labour & material to construct WIW pelmet, bath pelmet & boxup gas-pipe

Plumbing

supply labour & material to install 2(hot & cold) inlet copper & outlet PVC pipe for kitchen sink

supply labour & material to install 2(hot & cold) inlet copper & outlet PVC pipe for wash basin

supply labour & material to install inlet copper & outlet PVC pipe for washing machine

supply labour & material to reroute sewage piping

supply labour to install rainshower, W.C, washing basin, kitchen sink, vainty table

Electrical

supply labour & material rewiring whole unit with DBset c/w Legrand switch/ sockets

supply labour & material for 4 double sockets, 6 single sockets and 2 4-Gangs, 2 2-Gangs and 5 1-Gang

supply labour to install 31 lighting points, 2 fans, 1 Tel pt, 1 SCV pt, 1 Heater pt, 1 A/C pt,

supply labour to route speaker cables for HTS.

carpentry

design & fabricate top (2.9m), bottom (3.7m) & full cabinet (0.6m) cabinet in laminated/ABS finish

design & fabricate solid surface top for kitchen cabinet (3.7m)

supply and install cabinet door hinge/ excel-soft close mechanism

supply labour & material to install bracket system wardrobe (1100mm x 2700mm) with aluminium pole/ laminate shelf

others

supply labour & material to install 1 set frameless; 1fixed, 1 slide glass sliding door at kitchen enterance

supply labour & material to replace 2 set wpc top hung+ sliding window at common corridor window and 1 set full casement window for mbr

supply labour & material to install 2 sets aluminium bi-fold door for toliet enterance

supply labour & material to install 2 pcs naytop ply veener timber door at 2 bedrm c/w std locket & doorframe and 1 pc ply veener timber main door.

Total: $24, 020.

Review of A-decor designs & contact

Sales (knowledge, advice): 8/ 10

Installation (worksmanship): 9/10

Prices : 9/ 10

quality of product/service: 10/10

breakdown of his subcon: tiler 8/10, carpentary 8/10, plumber 10/10, electrician 9/10, painter 6/10

aftersales: 10/ 10.

Edmund has been in this line since 1998, my first meeting with him gives me an ernest first impression. And thus far, even till now, he has been contactable and approachable for my renovation works. My renovation works was completed last month.

I've just recently reminded him about the replacement of our kitchen cabinet doors above the kitchen hood, he replied,"oh it is ready, just waiting to fix." I was pleasantly surprised and subsequently got it replaced the following day.

Prehaps one thing I noted is he is particular more of presentation and neatness. One recommendation which I regretted heeding was to have a uniform level for my top-kitchen cabinet. No doubt it looks nice, but it wasted good kitchen space by not flushing the kitchen cabinet to the ceiling.

His quotes may not be the cheapest but definitely very reasonable, as a matter of fact, it's second lowest priced quote. I enjoy working with Edmund as he allows flexibility of omiting out stuffs that I later deem not necessary; one such example is my washing machine+ fridge base. Do also take note that additional of works at a later stage will incurr additional costs as well which I feel that it is fair enough.

I did take note that some costs are covered complimentry as well, out of goodwill; like additional of my front door kerb, relocate my living room socket and one big item; leveling of my bedroom.

So would I recommend Edmund, Yes.

ps: froggy, I've highlighted Edmund of the issue.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wat is it?

my black solid surface top also got scratched the 1st day i moved in. scratch lines are just as obvious as yours.

mine also got fading. i suspect caused by the cleaner i used. i'm using the spray-type liquid CIF. i think the mild chemicals in it will "eat" into the solid surface.

It's called SCL marble & grinate maintenance & restoration kit.

Costs $19.90.

Was just informed by my contractor that he will return and restore the solid-top (after I've polished the bugger),

tells me not to worry and use the top. :bangwall:

cool price, what about the bedroom & living room flooring costs?

The others

Laminates: Prego Laminates for bedroom & living room $1,685

false ceiling 2.8m x 3m, Lbox+cove 2.8x 3.6, Lbox 3.1m, pelmet 2.85m, 0.9 Lbox $900

Hall mirror cabinet (2.7m) $2,600

Wrought iron grill+ Gate from CNS $650

The others

Laminates: Prego Laminates for bedroom & living room $1,685

false ceiling 2.8m x 3m, Lbox+cove 2.8x 3.6, Lbox 3.1m, pelmet 2.85m, 0.9 Lbox $900

Hall mirror cabinet (2.7m) $2,600

Wrought iron grill+ Gate from CNS $650

so i believe ur contractor pop u the magic question.... "can i bring my clients to see ur place next time?" :D :D :D

i got quite a few open house visits from mine..... and i charge my contractor royalty fees.... haaaa

It's called SCL marble & grinate maintenance & restoration kit.

Costs $19.90.

Was just informed by my contractor that he will return and restore the solid-top (after I've polished the bugger),

tells me not to worry and use the top. :bangwall:

oh? but it's meant for marble and granite. can also use on solid surface top?

so i believe ur contractor pop u the magic question.... "can i bring my clients to see ur place next time?" :D :D :D

i got quite a few open house visits from mine..... and i charge my contractor royalty fees.... haaaa

waaa.. u mean u ask him to pay $$$ for each client visit? i wanna do that do.. provided my place is worth to view lah.. haha

part4

Vainty area opp the showers

DSCN3335.jpg

View from rear of kitchen

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

hi, can i ask for ur toilet, is tat a minor cabinet wif a shelving on the right?

wow, that's cool neubie, showroom still can generate income.

Nay, so far, contractor didn't pop the magic question... eles I will pop your mig answer too. LoL

Learnt about your crows issue, have you resolve them?

It says solidtop as well, nevertheless,

my results already demostrated it worked :)

oh? but it's meant for marble and granite. can also use on solid surface top?

Hi reglxt,

You have sharp eyes; yea

that is a soap dispenser from simple human, I have another one BNIB for

sale. PM if you want :)

hi dex did you buy the simple human auto soap dispenser?

Missed out on your earlier post;

I paid $950 for the Yale digital lock.

Yes punggol, the mirror cabiet itself can keep your things inside,

same depth as the shelvingsyou see on the right.

hi, can i ask for ur toilet, is tat a minor cabinet wif a shelving on the right?
Edited by dexufto

Hi reglxt,

You have sharp eyes; yea

that is a soap dispenser from simple human, I have another one BNIB for

sale. PM if you want :)

may i knw whr to buy simple human products?

wow, that's cool neubie, showroom still can generate income.

Nay, so far, contractor didn't pop the magic question... eles I will pop your mig answer too. LoL

Learnt about your crows issue, have you resolve them?

acherly the crow area was at my parent's place....wasted $2 inflatable bird from daiso.... my MP was on routine housevisit last week.... so i told her about the problem, and they'll send NEA shooters to bust them..... ;) below is another email from them...

DID: 68546408

Fax: 62728814

Dear Sir

We refer to your email feedback below.

We are aware of the crow proliferation in the estate and had persistently carried out crow culling. We will continue to do so as we found this effective. We had also alerted the Town Council to prune the trees in the estate in order to deprive them of suitable nesting or roosting site. We had advised food shop operators in the estate to improve on their refuse management so as to deprive these scavengers of any food. We will continue to carry out shooting to reduce the crow population.

We welcome you to contact our manager Mr. Ivan Tan 6854626 should you need further assistance.

Thank you for the feedback

Yours faithfully

Zulkarnain H Baktee

Manager

Quality Service, Surveillance & Intelligence

Central Regional Office, Environmental Health Department

National Environment Agency

DID: 68546408

Fax: 62728814

Edited by neubie

Simple human products are available from Home-fix DIY, Harbour front carries a range of them,

however for the soap dispenser, it is only available from the Tampines One Home-fix branch.

Quite expensive; retailing at $70+ per unit. :(

hi dex did you buy the simple human auto soap dispenser?

may i knw whr to buy simple human products?

Thanks istel. :)

Dex bro,

Your place is looking fantastic :)

~Envy envy~ :)