Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jtcp82

Lowering The Weighting Given To Mother Tongue In The Psle Score

Whats your take on lowering the weightage of mother tongue in PSLE?

My personal view, if this move is to go ahead, there will not be any motivation for the students to learn Chinese language and if their standard will be lower even further. What happens when they go secondary school then?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Whats your take on lowering the weightage of mother tongue in PSLE?

My personal view, if this move is to go ahead, there will not be any motivation for the students to learn Chinese language and if their standard will be lower even further. What happens when they go secondary school then?

Have a friend who is a teacher, she says some students nowadays have no respect for the teachers at all (especially mother tongue teachers), because mother tongue isn't one of the core subjects...

I agree if the kids comes from english-educated family they won't be bothered with mother tongue if the notion goes through...

Have a friend who is a teacher, she says some students nowadays have no respect for the teachers at all (especially mother tongue teachers), because mother tongue isn't one of the core subjects...

I agree if the kids comes from english-educated family they won't be bothered with mother tongue if the notion goes through...

Yah nowadays parents are too protective to their kids. My wife is a teacher too, luckily she is teaching in a convent sch, so must of her students are still quite obedient.

Yah some parents already have the mindset that mother tongue is not important.

It all depends on upbringing. If a family emphasizes their native culture and language, kids will study it regardless. But if the family only speaks English and there's no exposure to their native culture, you can't expect those kids to know multiple languages.

I was lucky that my family valued language learning, and my parents invested a lot of time, effort, and money into tutors so I could learn different languages. Now, it's much easier; you can just click here and start learning languages on a modern, user-friendly online platform. It's a great opportunity for me to brush up on my knowledge, sharpen my skills, or even start learning a new language, like Italian.