Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hey dexufto, i'm as much of a noob too. lol

anyway yes, you are right that if HDB ever needs to access the pipes, the boxup will have to be hacked. we initially wanted to create an access panel but according to my PM, they can access the WC sewage pipe which we left exposed (see pic with ventilation fan).

we chose to put the ventilation fan at the WC area cos of the er...smell the WC will generate.

it costs $118 (before GST) from Choo Chiang Marketing and $185 for the installation

But of course, the WC odour. Silly me.

The only thought in my head was to remove the moisture and stuffs. Tsk Tsk

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by dexufto

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Goods Delivered!

This sight greeted me when I got home on Friday evening:

goods_delivered.jpg

My lights & bath fittings have arrived!

Happily spent the next two hours opening and checking the boxes..felt like a kid on X'mas Eve! :D

Goods Delivered!

goods_delivered.jpg

Happily spent the next two hours opening and checking the boxes..felt like a kid on X'mas Eve! :D

Hi lilithfield,

Is your ID there today?

Goods Delivered!

goods_delivered.jpg

Happily spent the nex two hours opening and checking the boxes..felt like a kid on X'mas Eve! :D

Hi Lilithfiend, yup.. yup! opening gifts is exciting thing de lor. I think you can move in soon :dancingqueen: so good....

An update seems about due:

(I have to try my best to write this as objectively as I can, without turning this into a tirade)

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties - just kidding, annoyance and frustration with our renovation. This is largely due to the various "holes" in coordination of works and general lack of proactiveness from our project manager.

Lesson learnt: If you want to outsource things in your reno, please make sure you know what you are doing. Don't be lazy (like me) and assume your contractor will coordinate properly for you.

Current state of works:

a) Tiling of bathroom currently still on-going (as evidenced by Jaskel's photo above)

b) Electrical wiring to be done today

c) Aircon installation to be done this Saturday (still awaiting HDB's go-ahead on running trunking from utility room to bathroom)

What else is left?

a) Plaster touch-up & plaster board works (false ceiling, box up etc)

b) Painting

c) Replacement of doors, windows, gate and grilles

d) Carpentry - Kitchen cabinet, bathroom cabinet

e) Installation of kitchen & bath fittings

f) Installation of lights

g) Epoxy coating on floors

h) Acid wash/Cleaning

oops..u left it to your PM to coordinate those things you outsourced? uhhh....i think only Jaskel would do it if he is the PM..haha

quite a fair bit more to do i see... u gonna do epoxy floors? where?

oops..u left it to your PM to coordinate those things you outsourced? uhhh....i think only Jaskel would do it if he is the PM..haha

quite a fair bit more to do i see... u gonna do epoxy floors? where?

i don't expect my PM to coordinate the outsourced works like speaking to the external contractors and telling them what needs to be done etc. but i would expect my PM to at least tell me the order in which the works should be carried out. A simple example: We outsource plaster & electrical works. After plastering, we arranged for Citygas and electrician to come in. My PM arranged for her plumber to come in. Shouldn't she have advised us that we should get our electrician in first then Citygas & plumber? I wasn't aware until Jaskel visited last night and told us. So now, our electrical casing has got to run around these gas & water pipes whereas it should have been the other way around. All I'm asking for is for information to allow us to ensure that our outsourced works are done rightly. Unfortunately, this information does not come, unless we ask.

The epoxy is just a layer of sealer on top of our cement screed floors to prevent stains. Will be done in both rooms, hall & kitchen..

wah jaskel!! thanks for the photos..lol first time i have photos with workers on my blog... :P

:D ...u r welcome.

i don't expect my PM to coordinate the outsourced works like speaking to the external contractors and telling them what needs to be done etc. but i would expect my PM to at least tell me the order in which the works should be carried out. A simple example: We outsource plaster & electrical works. After plastering, we arranged for Citygas and electrician to come in. My PM arranged for her plumber to come in. Shouldn't she have advised us that we should get our electrician in first then Citygas & plumber? I wasn't aware until Jaskel visited last night and told us. So now, our electrical casing has got to run around these gas & water pipes whereas it should have been the other way around. All I'm asking for is for information to allow us to ensure that our outsourced works are done rightly. Unfortunately, this information does not come, unless we ask.

The epoxy is just a layer of sealer on top of our cement screed floors to prevent stains. Will be done in both rooms, hall & kitchen..

i would have assumed that they will only do whatever is on the invoice and don't bother about the other things. Actually coordination and sequence is how they make their $, thats what we are paying for. So i drew out a sequence and discussed it many times over with baby to see if its feasible, still we did screw up a bit on the time management part.

things can still be salvaged, so not so bad uh....stay cool...still long way to go.. :)

ohh phew, still cement screed! Yay!

i would have assumed that they will only do whatever is on the invoice and don't bother about the other things. Actually coordination and sequence is how they make their $, thats what we are paying for. So i drew out a sequence and discussed it many times over with baby to see if its feasible, still we did screw up a bit on the time management part.

maybe my expectations of others are too high or too unrealistic..i'm just relieved we didn't outsource too many things cos initially considered getting my own wet works people, my own windows/doors people etc. i would really go berserk if i'd done that!

things can still be salvaged, so not so bad uh....stay cool...still long way to go.. :)

yep i think as long as stuff can be corrected, its not such a big deal. its those that cannot be rectified that does my head in. :bangwall:

ohh phew, still cement screed! Yay!

i'm fickle, but not as fickle as you think! hahaha :P

:D ...u r welcome.

hey jaskel, thanks again for your advice on the aircon trunking last night.. :D we will most likely be doing what you said - to split up the water pipe from the gas trunking and then water pipe run to washing machine floortrap.

btw, last night we went down to the house - saw your electrician managed to "snake" his way around the gas & water pipes. very neatly done, no idea how he managed to do it! :bow:

we couldn't see too well last night since there was no light but spotted two mistakes:

1) master room - single power point on right hand side of bed is placed too far. can ask your electrician to move it closer to the bed (maybe abt 1.6m away from the other single power point)? it will block the aircon trunking too, so please ask him to move the point before friday (saturday is a/c installation).

2) toilet - electrician run casing at the top right corner of the doorway.... then my toilet door cannot push in liao..?

hope you understand what im talking about..

one last thing, we're intending to get our plasterer to do the false wall, false ceiling and box up from hall to kitchen after this saturday. are there any more wiring works that need to be done before the box up? if yes, then have to do it before saturday liao. let me know, if no objections from your side, i will tell him to go ahead on saturday. thanks!

hey jaskel, thanks again for your advice on the aircon trunking last night.. :D we will most likely be doing what you said - to split up the water pipe from the gas trunking and then water pipe run to washing machine floortrap.

btw, last night we went down to the house - saw your electrician managed to "snake" his way around the gas & water pipes. very neatly done, no idea how he managed to do it! :bow:

we couldn't see too well last night since there was no light but spotted two mistakes:

1) master room - single power point on right hand side of bed is placed too far. can ask your electrician to move it closer to the bed (maybe abt 1.6m away from the other single power point)? it will block the aircon trunking too, so please ask him to move the point before friday (saturday is a/c installation).

2) toilet - electrician run casing at the top right corner of the doorway.... then my toilet door cannot push in liao..?

hope you understand what im talking about..

one last thing, we're intending to get our plasterer to do the false wall, false ceiling and box up from hall to kitchen after this saturday. are there any more wiring works that need to be done before the box up? if yes, then have to do it before saturday liao. let me know, if no objections from your side, i will tell him to go ahead on saturday. thanks!

1) Didn't get a chance to see this while was at your site this morning 9am. But anyway, already told the electrician to dismantle the casing of the master bedroom powerpoint. :)

As for the 2nd qns, I post the pic first to see which casing u r referring to.