Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All,

Need advice on how to choose what type of colour to paint wall for Living Room, MBR and both bedroom 1&2.

Prefer look spacious for Living Room and comfort for all Bedrooms.

Any advices are appreciated. Thanks :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All,

Need advice on how to choose what type of colour to paint wall for Living Room, MBR and both bedroom 1&2.

If you want to make a room look bigger, use mirrors. they give you an illusion of more space. Colors too affect the illusion of space. A monochromatic color scheme (one/similar color with different shades) like off whites, cream & beige will give you an appearance of more space while warm colors like red and yellow will give an impression of a smaller space. On the other hand cool colors like blue and green will give an openness appearance.

When choosing a new color for a wall, paint a section of the wall and observe it for a few days at different times. It is a good idea to paint one shade lighter than your sample swatch. Almost always, the color on your sample will look brighter on a big wall than on a small swatch.

If you want to make a room look bigger, use mirrors. they give you an illusion of more space. Colors too affect the illusion of space. A monochromatic color scheme (one/similar color with different shades) like off whites, cream & beige will give you an appearance of more space while warm colors like red and yellow will give an impression of a smaller space. On the other hand cool colors like blue and green will give an openness appearance.

When choosing a new color for a wall, paint a section of the wall and observe it for a few days at different times. It is a good idea to paint one shade lighter than your sample swatch. Almost always, the color on your sample will look brighter on a big wall than on a small swatch.

Noted. Thanks for your reply.

very well said, as i said to many people i have talked online, colors can provide comfort and can also create an illusionary space to make your room looked bigger.

very well said, as i said to many people i have talked online, colors can provide comfort and can also create an illusionary space to make your room looked bigger.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure you have lots of ideas too when it comes to ID. It is always nice to share. ;)

Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure you have lots of ideas too when it comes to ID. It is always nice to share. ;)

ya, any gd id or ideas to share?

visual_id n blacklight hv u start your reno.

Select multiple color swatches rather than one or two and bring them home before you ever decide on a color. Hold the color swatch up to the walls and next to your home accessories to see which color seems to look the best. If you have a shirt or coat that is a similar color, use it to compare your walls and home decorations.Check out the awesome collection of poster, art prints, photographs and fine art paintings at WCFineArtStore. They are sure to turn any ordinary room into the room of your dream home.

Edited by dilhara

I would have to say a blue also. I know that pink also looks good with brown. Maybe try and do a bedding with a chocolate brown and pink or a chocolate brown and blue=) Those colors look nice together.

College Comforter

My hubby's idea - paint master bedroom's ceiling and the wall behind bed (bedframe is white) - black. No other walls in the bedroom liao.. only windows and wardrobe (white).. what do you think?

Edited by joleena

Hi All,

I always apply light colors when I paint a wall. It always produce a good ambiance.

salt lake city retaining wall