Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

more and more people moved in...can't wait for my turn.... :rofl:

just confirmed my id and went to select tiles yesterday...so many tiles, see until blur...but all looked the same though...went Indulge to see see look look also...

seriously, although we haven't gotten the keys, i realized that sourcing around early really helps alot...can compare pricing and slowly choose...and sometimes, when disagreement happens, we can still take time to discuss and think over slowly...hopefully, the process will be more of enjoyable lah...

btw, we've just sent back the loan application...now is the waiting again....

and i saw the coffeeshop below 79E is undergoing reno now...please have football channel... :rofl:

:rofl:

Hi sushibabe,

May I know who is your ID?

:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi anyone bought domino ceramic hob? Whats the difference between ceramic hob and induction? And whats the usage of ceramic hob? Does it function like gas as well?

twotwobravo , u shifted in already...

I went to ur hse last sun cos tat that day the lift was spolit so I walked down the stairs...

Never saw u but I tink I saw ur wife... there r some movers from Ikea rite...

Congrats!

hihi, thanks.

moving in soon.

think it is more or less done up....

yup, sunday late afternoon, the lift is not working.

bought some ikea stuff. very fragile indeed.... need to be careful in installing ikea wooden stuff.

Hi all,

Just FYI... The Shop & Save supermarket opposite our flats is now open 24 Hours.

Let's hope the kopitiam/food court below 79E is not! :rolleyes:

just confirmed my id and went to select tiles yesterday...so many tiles, see until blur...but all looked the same though...went Indulge to see see look look also...

Hey sushibabe,

so who's e ID u'd ngage :dunno:

and i saw the coffeeshop below 79E is undergoing reno now...please have football channel... <-- yes!! agree! :good:

:wub::no::no:

Hi anyone bought domino ceramic hob? Whats the difference between ceramic hob and induction? And whats the usage of ceramic hob? Does it function like gas as well?

Hey Liana79B,

e 'stuffs' u gona buy, most of e time seems 2 mi beri special 1 or different frm many of us lei. Mayb u wana consult e sales exec at e respective shop. Think they shd b able 2 give u their profesional advice & info. :bow: 2 mi, both shd b e same bah, except e material :wub:

Hi all,

Just FYI... The Shop & Save supermarket opposite our flats is now open 24 Hours.

Let's hope the kopitiam/food court below 79E is not! :dunno:

Hey meepok,

i share e same tots s u. :rolleyes:

So how's ID hunting :bleah:

A while ago I emailed to our MP of Toa Payoh (Dr Ng E H) on the ERP Gantry at Toa Payoh Lor 6, which I have posted in this forum.

Here's the reply from LTA:

"FEEDBACK ON ELECTRONIC ROAD PRICING GANTRY (ERP) AT TOA PAYOH LORONG 6

FEEDBACK NUMBER: 576855

We refer to your email to the Minister, Mr Ng Eng Hen on 10 January 2008 which was referred to us.

We noted your concern with the ERP gantry erected at Toa Payoh Lorong 6. Please allow us to take this opportunity to share with you the reasons for the decisions taken for our road system.

ERP remains a necessary traffic management tool today as it has helped to keep speeds on our expressways and arterial roads within the optimal range (45-65 km/h on expressways and 20-30 km/h on arterial roads).

You may wish to note that in May 1999, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced that the ERP system would be progressively expanded beyond the Restricted Zone (RZ), to relieve traffic congestion along roads in the Outer Cordon area under Phase 2 of the ERP plan. On 6 September 1999, LTA implemented seven gantries along the Outer Cordon and the Central Expressway under ERP Phase 2A, and announced that the implementation of the remaining Phase 2 gantries would depend on the prevailing traffic conditions.

There are 10 locations remaining along the Outer Cordon (under ERP Phase 2B) where ERP has not been implemented. These gantries cover the radial roads leading into the city

The ERP gantry at Toa Payoh Lorong 6 will help to plug a gap in an outer ERP cordon that seals off non-expressway routes into the city. It will only be activated when traffic conditions deteriorate beyond "optimum speed ranges", which is set between 45 km/h and 65 km/h for expressways, and

between 20 km/h and 30 km/h for roads.

An expressway like the Central Expressway (CTE) may have more than one congested stretches due to varying number of vehicles entering and exiting the expressway at different locations. This is the reason why an additional ERP gantry is introduced on the northbound CTE namely to allow for congestion at two different stretches of the northbound CTE to be addressed more specifically and effectively.

Motorists who use the entire stretch of the northbound CTE will be charged for contributing to congestion at both locations. However, those who pass through one congested stretch will be charged only for that location. This is an equitable approach, as all motorists who use and contribute to congestion on the CTE will be charged accordingly.

We will continually review ERP coverage and charges so that our roads remain smooth-flowing. We hope that we have addressed your concerns and seek your understanding in this matter."

Smooth flowing traffic can really be solved by ERP?

Are the Toa Payoh Residents responsible for contributing to congestion on the roads? Of course we are only the minority but have to suffer because other road users bypass Toa Payoh to avoid ERP.

If LTA set up so many ERP Gantries everywhere, then tell me which non-ERP road will not end up being jam?

What's the solution for us?

:rolleyes::(:jawdrop::notti::help:

"If money can solve the problem, then it's not a problem at all."

more and more people moved in...can't wait for my turn.... :jawdrop:

seriously, although we haven't gotten the keys, i realized that sourcing around early really helps alot...can compare pricing and slowly choose...and sometimes, when disagreement happens, we can still take time to discuss and think over slowly...hopefully, the process will be more of enjoyable lah...

btw, we've just sent back the loan application...now is the waiting again....

and i saw the coffeeshop below 79E is undergoing reno now...please have football channel... :rolleyes:

Edited by babymaro2003

Hi sushibabe,

May I know who is your ID?

:rolleyes:

Hey sushibabe,

so who's e ID u'd ngage :jawdrop:

:

dear neighbours, we've chosen summit lah...been to 5 ids and compare around since october 2007...tired already...in the end, we decided to choose summit because somehow like got the click and comfy lor...luckily, got alister's house for us as reference...

now, we are very tempted to overlay the toilets... :notti:

Hey sushibabe,

so who's e ID u'd ngage :D

:no::no::no:

Hey Liana79B,

e 'stuffs' u gona buy, most of e time seems 2 mi beri special 1 or different frm many of us lei. Mayb u wana consult e sales exec at e respective shop. Think they shd b able 2 give u their profesional advice & info. :notti: 2 mi, both shd b e same bah, except e material :wacko:

Hey meepok,

i share e same tots s u. :jawdrop:

So how's ID hunting :notti:

Hehe...dun say that la...im juz all excited abt the house and want to be sure of my purchases..i went all confused when the salesperson in asia excel recommended me the domino ceramic hob from Hafele when i was abt to get gas hob...he's the sales guy so i didnt want to rely on his advice alone hence asked for opinions here... :)

anyway i got my answers last nite from a friend working in harvey norman...and that gas would be better so i will stick to gas...

btw we are collecting keys in 8 days!! congrats to other 79B's

Hi Tension, my electrician's quote is as follow:

Item Qty Unit Price Amount

1 Lighting Point 15 $35.00 $525.00

2 2 Way Lighting Switch 1 $40.00 $40.00

3 Shift Lighting Switch 1 $20.00 $20.00

4 Shift Heater Switch 1 $45.00 $45.00

5 Fan Point 1 $35.00 $35.00

6 13A s/socket Point 5 $50.00 $250.00

7 13A x 2 s/socket Point 3 $65.00 $195.00

8 Speaker Point 2 $60.00 $120.00

9 SCV Point (use RG6 Cable) 2 $120.00 $240.00

10 Installation of ceiling fan 1 $45.00 $45.00

11 Installation of Lighting & Doorbell 33 $10.00 $330.00

12 Installation of Hanging Light 1 $20.00 $20.00

13 Cooker Hob Point 1 $80.00 $80.00

14 Oven Point 1 $100.00 $100.00

15 Supply and lay AV cable 2 $100.00 $200.00

Grand Total $2,245.00

:dunno:

Anyone has any comments on this quote? :notti:

Hi Zanie,

Does the quote include the downlights too?

Thanks...

Hi all

Calling out for help. My HDB shower set is missing and I need some kind soul to donate one set to me if u are changing urs.

As it is very urgent, I need it either today or tomorrow, pls pm me & I will collect from u immediately.

Thanks in advance.