Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi, for those who already signed with your ID, how long does ur ID take to do the 3d drawing of your house?

do they show you the 3d before renovating?

My ID gave us the 3D drawings (2 x living room & 1 x bedroom 2) even b4 we signed with him. After we sign with him, we received more drawings abt 2 wks later. We had him change our designs and got the 3rd batch of 3D drawings recently.

Hi Alister & Ms White,

both u bought Jovan water storage heater??? How much and for how many litres? Think i was in a hurry today and ended buying one w/o much considerations! now kinda regreting.. argh.. think i got conned.. bought 25Litres for $238!! For those wanna buy shower head for ur toilets, think gotta use storage heater instead of citygas. heard from a few stores that citygas water pressure not strong hence use shower heads also not much water strength so not 'shiok'.. donno true or not.. pls advise also. anyway buy the storage heater liao... argh...

also anyone heard of HOBZ hob and hood? isit good? was considering this and Fujioh. pls advise. Tx tx

Hi Alister & Ms White,

both u bought Jovan water storage heater??? How much and for how many litres? Think i was in a hurry today and ended buying one w/o much considerations! now kinda regreting.. argh.. think i got conned.. bought 25Litres for $238!! For those wanna buy shower head for ur toilets, think gotta use storage heater instead of citygas. heard from a few stores that citygas water pressure not strong hence use shower heads also not much water strength so not 'shiok'.. donno true or not.. pls advise also. anyway buy the storage heater liao... argh...

also anyone heard of HOBZ hob and hood? isit good? was considering this and Fujioh. pls advise. Tx tx

I think $238 abt there lar. It's in the middle. Cheaper than what Universal Union quoted me. I bought my $220 b'cos I bought toilet accessories from them and they reluctantly gave me at this price. They said they only earn abt $5 from this sales. So dun worry.

If you want rain shower head, u need to install storage heater for the water pressure.

Universal Union @ Geylang Lor 44 - $230 w/o GST & w/o delivery

Poh Joo @ Jalan Besar - $215 w GST, w/o delivery

Indulge @ Belastair - $240 w GST & delivery

hey alister, how was ur light shopping today? fruitful or empty? did u go down to *spam?

btw, got anymore nickelodeon notebook? hahahaha!! i like the spongebob design...hahahaha! (oops! wrong topic..hehe!! :notti: )

and hor, we decided to buy our mattress from OM instead. we'll cancel the order from COURTS. King @ $1599 + 2 x pillow + mattress cover. though not much diff from COURTS, service wise..it's definitely there. Michael has been very patient and service-oriented. :notti: we went down to check out some furnitures today, might go down again tmr...but would like to make a trip down @ Furniture Mall 1st. u wanna go?

Edited by ms_white

hey alister, how was ur light shopping today? fruitful or empty? did u go down to *spam?

btw, got anymore nickelodeon notebook? hahahaha!! i like the spongebob design...hahahaha! (oops! wrong topic..hehe!! :lol: )

and hor, we decided to buy our mattress from OM instead. we'll cancel the order from COURTS. King @ $1599 + 2 x pillow + mattress cover. though not much diff from COURTS, service wise..it's definitely there. Michael has been very patient and service-oriented. :notti: we went down to check out some furnitures today, might go down again tmr...but would like to make a trip down @ Furniture Mall 1st. u wanna go?

Yes, finally bought my lightings. :notti: Didn't have time to drop by everjoint.

For spelling nickelodeon correctly, I reserve one notebook for you. :lol:

So you bought Sealy Imprerial ? Can sms how much ?

Tomorrow cannot join you. Has neglected my son these 2 days, must bring him out tomorrow to jalan jalan.

Happy shopping.

Yes, finally bought my lightings. :notti: Didn't have time to drop by everjoint.

For spelling nickelodeon correctly, I reserve one notebook for you. :notti:

Tomorrow cannot join you. Has neglected my son these 2 days, must bring him out tomorrow to jalan jalan.

Happy shopping.

Hi Alister,

did you purchase any downlights? if so how much did you pay for the downlights?

Hi Alister,

did you purchase any downlights? if so how much did you pay for the downlights?

Yes, I bought 2 types of downlights.

PLC 13w x 2 (Osram, Atco ballast) @ $26

PLC 10W x 1 (Osram, Atco ballast) @ $19

And hor, all lighting shops give door bell FOC.

Yes, I bought 2 types of downlights.

PLC 13w x 2 (Osram, Atco ballast) @ $26

PLC 10W x 1 (Osram, Atco ballast) @ $19

And hor, all lighting shops give door bell FOC.

Hi Alister,

Thank you for the tip. The price they giving you seems to be quite cheap... will probably pay them a visit tmr :)

Btw Atco is the brandname of the ballast? Actually does it matter where the downlights are manufactured?

Yes, finally bought my lightings. :dancingqueen: Didn't have time to drop by everjoint.

For spelling nickelodeon correctly, I reserve one notebook for you. :good:

Happy shopping.

no problem~! happy family day!

yay!!! :dancingqueen: i'm a nickelodeon fan! i watch channel 32 everyday! still a growing kid... :)

no la...not Imperial...that's way beyond budget. it's still Sealy Backsaver, Draconis..feels good and definitely better than my current Queen and your sofa bed *i spy on u and ur wife while u sleep...hahahaha* :notti:

the price i posted liao... :P King size is good when u place ur newborn between u and ur wife.

where did u get ur lightings? i saw where u bought liao. :D

Edited by ms_white

I think $238 abt there lar. It's in the middle. Cheaper than what Universal Union quoted me. I bought my $220 b'cos I bought toilet accessories from them and they reluctantly gave me at this price. They said they only earn abt $5 from this sales. So dun worry.

If you want rain shower head, u need to install storage heater for the water pressure.

Universal Union @ Geylang Lor 44 - $230 w/o GST & w/o delivery

Poh Joo @ Jalan Besar - $215 w GST, w/o delivery

Indulge @ Belastair - $240 w GST & delivery

hmm ur $220 is nett price? with GST means $215 is inclusive liao ar. then poh joo is v cheap le.

Then mine $238 plus GST is $254.66 le :):dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

hmm ur $220 is nett price? with GST means $215 is inclusive liao ar. then poh joo is v cheap le.

Then mine $238 plus GST is $254.66 le :):dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

ya, nett price. dun !! lah...try to bargain for more things from ID lor. :notti:

hihi

anyone sign up with living art? or what ur views on the 3 id opp our flat?

just have a quote fr living art. price is not on the high side. just afarid that they cant deliver goodwork and may come up with hidden cost later etc....

will be chking out the remaining 2 id opp our flat soon.

-----------------------------------------

anyone heard of i bridge design? their shop in balastier and currently in expo for a few days

walk past their shop at ard 11.30 am on sat, already got 3 set of customer inside.

but i think their price is consider higher compare with living art as i got a quote from them but were not allow to bring back as compare to living art.

cheers.

Hi Alister,

Thank you for the tip. The price they giving you seems to be quite cheap... will probably pay them a visit tmr :)

Btw Atco is the brandname of the ballast? Actually does it matter where the downlights are manufactured?

Yes, Atco is the brandname of the ballast. I heard Christine & May also good (germany). Not sure if spell correctly. As for the downlights, nowadays all come from china or taiwan.

no problem~! happy family day!

yay!:dancingqueen::dancingqueen: i'm a nickelodeon fan! i watch channel 32 everyday! still a growing kid... :)

no la...not Imperial...that's way beyond budget. it's still Sealy Backsaver, Draconis..feels good and definitely better than my current Queen and your sofa bed *i spy on u and ur wife while u sleep...hahahaha* :notti:

the price i posted liao... :P King size is good when u place ur newborn between u and ur wife.

where did u get ur lightings? i saw where u bought liao. :D

Wow. u are a very BIG kid leh. :P

Scarely, next time must lock & bolt my bedroom doors. How did u managed to spy on us. Scully we "doing" things how :good: ? No privacy oredie.

Now switching to queen size bed after some discussion (actually due to budget constrains) !!

Hello to all 79ers,

I'm new to this forum so please guide me where necessary. Hope that I can contribute to this forum too :)

My block is 79C and unit is 5-room type. Still waiting for the letter from HDB to collect my keys. I understand that there're people who have collected, renovated and some even moved in. Anyway, I've made a call to HDB and they said that they didn't missed me out (or I lost the mail).

I'm in the midst of meeting up a few IDs and contractors. Once I've short-listed my desired IDs and contractors, I will inform you all on the outcome.

Before that, I'll like to ask a few common questions (I still cannot make up my mind)....

1) Living/Dining/Shelter Rooms (i.e. non-bedrooms):

Usually people will use homogeneous / marble / granite tiles for these rooms, right? I understand that marble is porous so it's beauty is short-life. What about granite and homogeneous? How come many people choose homogeneous tiles these days (other than cost factor)?

2) Bedrooms:

This is a headache. Parquet is hard to maintain, right? It's not as surface resistance compared to laminate (say supreme brand). My friends told me that laminate can warp or "pimple" show up (he told me his house lamination is from pergo). I know parquet is nice and those newly introduced laminate is very popular. Anybody continue to use homogeneous tiles for bedrooms? I've 2 little boys (2yrs 3mths; 3mths) and hope that i can make a right choice that last for at least 5 years.

3) Heard that Ikea kitchen design and looks good but the wood is pine thus may attract ants/termites since pine is a "sweet" wood. How true is this? I saw the website of Blum and I like it so much (their marketing works). Anybody uses Blum? Do they do they hinges, drawers, etc. only exclude the kitchen? Or they do up the whole kitchen too?

Oops... too many questions. Stop here now.

hi datacoat,

welcome to the neighhourhood...err...just to share my thots...

1) i m using homogeneous tiles for all rooms due to the cost factor and maintenance wise. heard dat marble nid to b polished over the years....and think it can b very easily stained if we failed to wipe water dat accidentally drip on the floor. moreover, if any furniture (such as wardrobe or shelf) were to place on it, there will b an awful stain under the furniture as yrs gone by...err...pardon my bad english, hope u understand wat i mean...heard dat may nid to wipe the floor wif warm water if we really wan to well-maintain the marble flooring...er....guess dat's wat i heard, hope it helps...

2) i m laying homogenous tiles for bedrooms too bside our living room cos i got one kid 11 mths old...tink more lasting and easier to maintain kua...compare to granite n marble, it's cheaper too~ :dancingqueen:

3) my id is using blum for my kitchen drawers..but not all the drawers are using blum...tink it's nice loo cos we had a try on it in their showroom. hmm...tink u can try it at millenium walk's harvey norman...there's a kitchen showroom..tink if i m not wrong, they are using blum in their drawers too. accidentally discovered it when my son naughtily opened it up and i accidentally asserting too much force to close it. :dancingqueen:

hope my sharing helps...paiseh..my ang moh not good, hope u understand wat i wrote...!!