Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

dino & alister, i've gotten the address for amk shop.

blk 159 amk ave 4 #01-354, Everjoint.

been reading other ppl's blog and found this shop to be offering pretty good prices as well.

plus, now that gadgetman has found tpy to be just as valuable, we can recce nearer too. 8|

hi anyone got any bad experience or heard any of the washing machine tat got 2 in 1 function. washing machine cum dryer to share ard?

do some window shopping found out LG got 2 in 1 washing machine and got a 10 yr warrenty on the motor... :notti: thinking to get one cuz it will save space since our kitchen is alrdy so small....

thought of 2-in-1 initially due to space issue, learnt from other sales man that though it has 10yr motor wty, it's a new launch on the motor for having a silent wash compared to belt...dunno how long this motor will last...and belt has existed for many yrs. also learnt that when one of the component in the machine spoils, u get double problems cos u can't wash nor dry.

moreover, 2-in-1 can mean washing 6kg but drying only 3kg. u can only dry half the load at a time and drying can take at least 1hr. if u get a dryer seperately, u dry all at 1 go and using the same amt of time needed for half the load...which consumes more electricity. my 2 cents worth of thought la. :notti:

Edited by ms_white

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yesyes.. oso as blur too.. any recommendation? im looking for kitchen sink n mixer... been to one shop at boon lay way tradehub, this is what they quote us:

fujioh hood n hod (3 burner) $720

kitchen sink $330

mixer $120

is this reasonable?

as for downlight, i got a quote of $42, wonder is this reasonable?? it comes with 2 x PLC 13W warmwhite and 2 x EC 13 Atco ballast.. too technical dunno what it means..

Hi Ying Shan,

The kitchen sink is made in China or Korea? Does it comes with a big drainage hole? The price of the mixer sounds reasonable. I bought rinnai hood, hob and oven at $1470. Since they are of different brands, I can't really comment if it is cheaper. You might want to consider revewing the your kitchen and bathroom acessories in some of the shops in Balestier. The shop names I noe of are lookz and Indulge (there should be more if u willing to take time to explore). The Korean sink I had shortlisted from Indulge costs $280 after discount.

Hi Chrispy, I also saw that LG model, washing 8kg drying 4kg rite...It look very compact and can save space...

But i worried abit LG this brand cos seems like european brand is better... :notti:

I have been reading up on the washer cum dryer @ Singaporebrides and the advice from an expert - Ridz - is not advisable.

It is because for those with dual function, it one function spoilts, you will have to send the whole machine for servicing.

Normally the drying is half load. Eg for a 8kg washer, it only allow 4kg of drying. So to carry out a full load wash & dry, u will need 6 hrs (2hrs for washing. 2hrs for drying 4kg. Another 2hrs for drying 4kg).

been reading other ppl's blog and found this shop to be offering pretty good prices as well.

plus, now that gadgetman has found tpy to be just as valuable, we can recce nearer too. :notti:

thought of 2-in-1 initially due to space issue, learnt from other sales man that though it has 10yr motor wty, it's a new launch on the motor for having a silent wash compared to belt...dunno how long this motor will last...and belt has existed for many yrs. also learnt that when one of the component in the machine spoils, u get double problems cos u can't wash nor dry.

moreover, 2-in-1 can mean washing 6kg but drying only 3kg. u can only dry half the load at a time and drying can take at least 1hr. if u get a dryer seperately, u dry all at 1 go and using the same amt of time needed for half the load...which consumes more electricity. my 2 cents worth of thought la. 8|

Hi Ms White,

Does this shop sell other electrical appliances like TV and players? Are they cheap as well?

Hi Dino,

What is the address of the shop in Mandai? Might be interested to go down this weekend. Any neighbours interested in going down as well?

Dun want to talk abt reno progress. :notti: Not going down today as I going to IMM later.

alister, ur ID hasn't given u a gd explanation on the reno delay? tell him to buck up :notti::notti::( or we'll tear down his signage board! 8|:notti::notti:

Hi Ms White,

Does this shop sell other electrical appliances like TV and players? Are they cheap as well?

M&M, yes they do. I'm getting my toshiba washing machine from them. maybe lcd tv and fridge too (provided they carry the brand). The price difference between everjoint and courts for e toshiba washing maching i'm eyeing for is ard 80 - 100 bucks. :notti:

Hi Ms White,

it should be quite cheap. am thinking of going down later to check out our shortlisted items. but i heard it's a very small shop, so do get your models ready before going down. :notti:

hey droplets! how're u? have u confirmed on ur ID? any progress so far? kekeke!

Hi Chrispy, I also saw that LG model, washing 8kg drying 4kg rite...It look very compact and can save space...

But i worried abit LG this brand cos seems like european brand is better... :(

think we are looking at the same model, at first i was also scare of the brand LG compare to european brand

but it cover the longest period of warranty compare to others.

plus, now that gadgetman has found tpy to be just as valuable, we can recce nearer too. :)

moreover, 2-in-1 can mean washing 6kg but drying only 3kg. u can only dry half the load at a time and drying can take at least 1hr. if u get a dryer seperately, u dry all at 1 go and using the same amt of time needed for half the load...which consumes more electricity. my 2 cents worth of thought la. :)

u are rite ms white is a risk to use 2in1 washing machine the only good thing is tat it really save space.

headache ah!8|! :notti:

Here's another Price Alert for LCD TV!

Taka Best Denki selling Brand New Hitachi 37" IPS Panel LCD TV Model 37D9000TA at Only $1599!:notti: Usual Price is 2199! Limited sets only...Check it out!

th_HPIM0010-1.jpg

Edited by gadgetman

Here's another Price Alert for LCD TV!

Taka Best Denki selling Brand New Hitachi 37" IPS Panel LCD TV Model 37D9000TA at Only $1599!:notti: Usual Price is 2199! Limited sets only...Check it out!

th_HPIM0010-1.jpg

Hi Gad man,

Is this a good deal?

Samsung LA-40R81BX 40" LCD TV

Now $3,599 (U.P: $3,799)

FREE!

• Philips 32" LCD TV (worth $1,199)

• Samsung free gift (worth $599) -> duno what this is...

Not essential to get dryer but with the laundry space HDB given us, I think not much of a choice. U can try living without it first and see if you need dryer later.

On how to mount, u can look at this link : -http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/362891.html?1144054781

Actually for washer, more like front-load has better washing capabilities than Asia top-load. But remember for front-load, must use low-suds detergent.

Thanks Alister :notti: ! Whats low suds detergent?

I went Best Denki last weekend and was told by the staff, not advisable to get a 2 in 1 washing machine. It spoilt very easily bcoz of the dual functions. And like what Ms White said, once it's spoilt cannot be used at all liao...

alister, ur ID hasn't given u a gd explanation on the reno delay? tell him to buck up :):(8| or we'll tear down his signage board! :notti:8|:(

Yes, I will tell him Toa Payoh renotalk members will do that. :)

Juz went down to Citygas during lunchtime. Heard there will be a sales for Rinnai brand of hob & hood coming up on 19th Nov. Abt 10%.

Look out for it.

Hi Gad man,

Is this a good deal?

Samsung LA-40R81BX 40" LCD TV

Now $3,599 (U.P: $3,799)

FREE!

• Philips 32" LCD TV (worth $1,199)

• Samsung free gift (worth $599) -> duno what this is...

It depends if you will need the free gifts or not...I know the Philips 32 inch is only retailing for $999 and this is the lowest-end model. The Samsung free gift is most probably a Home Entertainment System (HTS) which will cost anything from $350 to about $450. If you take the value of their free gifts at $1798. You can definitely get a much better 32in LCD TV and a much better HTS! But if you do not need another LCD TV and a HTS, why pay so much more in the first place?

It depends if you will need the free gifts or not...I know the Philips 32 inch is only retailing for $999 and this is the lowest-end model. The Samsung free gift is most probably a Home Entertainment System (HTS) which will cost anything from $350 to about $450. If you take the value of their free gifts at $1798. You can definitely get a much better 32in LCD TV and a much better HTS! But if you do not need another LCD TV and a HTS, why pay so much more in the first place?

duno now still can dun take their free gift and ask them to deduct frm the retailing price. remenber last time when my mother bought a samsung LCD tv at audiohouse they deduct it away cuz we alrdy have HTS. :notti:

wow so many things going on here.. cant catch up with all the readings liao. LOL

ive only done hacking and laying of floor tiles now.. how do i put up the pic here ar.. haha.. not v good w such stuffs..

now looking for sink, mixer, WC hob hood also.. $$$ flying!!! :deal:

btw anyone know if we shld do flooring first or electrical wirings first ar.. cos mine haven do wirings yet.. =(