Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

For those who had already done up your toilets' bi-fold doors, may I clarify did you remove the existing metal door frame? HDB confirmed with my ID that it cannot be removed as they said that by doing so, they are afraid that it might destroy the water proofing inside. Anyone have the same problem?

Hence we have to mount the aluminium frame to the existing metal frame.

They are installing the door frames soon. Please advise... Many Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Don't be like tat le. I juz wanna be a peaceful, humble, low-profile neighbour living in a beautiful environment surrounded by good neighbours at block 79 le. :bangwall:

kns...

:bangwall:

Edited by sushibabe

Hi TPYRC2,

Thanks for the reply...I was thinking of something more hassle-free as bulky items may be involved. But the idea to have a garage sale at the void deck sounds like fun. Perhaps we can reserve this idea for later when more people have moved in...then we can have our mini "pasar malam" to deal with smaller used items such as electronic gadgets, books, collectibles, etc....

But before I get carried away...any supporters for this idea from other 79ers? :bangwall:8|8|

Yes, the idea is great. I sell off alots of things that I see as treasure but my wife see as rubbish... :bangwall:

Yes, the idea is great. I sell off alots of things that I see as treasure but my wife see as rubbish... :bangwall:

sdale, shouldn't it be your wife that sell off those rubbish you see as treasures instead? Then she can go buy more of her treasures like shoes or bags... :bangwall: *just joking*

For those who had already done up your toilets' bi-fold doors, may I clarify did you remove the existing metal door frame? HDB confirmed with my ID that it cannot be removed as they said that by doing so, they are afraid that it might destroy the water proofing inside. Anyone have the same problem?

Hence we have to mount the aluminium frame to the existing metal frame.

They are installing the door frames soon. Please advise... Many Thanks!

Yes I would like to know too as I already told my ID to remove it for me eventually. Pls dun tell me cannot. :yamseng:

Juz went to spotlight to get a quick quote for curtains for all bedrooms and living room. Est need to put aside $1.5k for day & nite curtains.

Sian !

Juz went to spotlight to get a quick quote for curtains for all bedrooms and living room. Est need to put aside $1.5k for day & nite curtains.

Sian !

Toa Payoh central got afew curtain shop bah. Quite ok leh, ready or custom made also have. Why go so far when go downstair can grab it?

Go and have a look. $1.5K customization or ready made one?

Toa Payoh central got afew curtain shop bah. Quite ok leh, ready or custom made also have. Why go so far when go downstair can grab it?

Go and have a look. $1.5K customization or ready made one?

B'cos it's beside my workplace. :sport-smiley-004:

$1.5k is customise with curtain track, workmanship and fabric (pleated). Sometimes they will have 20% off fabric & workmanship, have to look out for it. The current promotion ends tomorrow.

Dear everyone of Blk 79 Kakis,

I am one of the blk 79 kakis forumer wife. It seems like most of you have start your reno. I have took my keys on 4th October and my contractor have delay till now also have not start work yet. So piss off now. Even my opposite neighbour have took their keys later than us have already start with their flooring.

Now chasing him to start the work by this week or else will change my contractor. :sport-smiley-004: Worse still is we have pay half of the renovation costs to him. So sian now. :sport-smiley-004:

I am one of the blk 79 kakis forumer wife. It seems like most of you have start your reno. I have took my keys on 4th October and my contractor have delay till now also have not start work yet. So piss off now. Even my opposite neighbour have took their keys later than us have already start with their flooring.

Now chasing him to start the work by this week or else will change my contractor. :bleah: Worse still is we have pay half of the renovation costs to him. So sian now. :sport-smiley-004:

Welcome :sport-smiley-004:

TPY, Thank you.

I went around my Blk (79C) and saw a few of them already reno nice nice and some even have already 90% complete and can move in anytime. So envy them..... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Everybody,

just found this link on our new flat. I am also a flat owner of blk 79A.

Just checking anybody know when will we be getting our keys?

I found that in blk 79C, there is already a family moved in

Thanks! :sport-smiley-004:

Now chasing him to start the work by this week or else will change my contractor. :sport-smiley-004: Worse still is we have pay half of the renovation costs to him. So sian now. :sport-smiley-004:

did he give u a valid reason for the delay?

when you signed for the contract, did you state the date of completion?

Hi tension

No reason given and no completion date stated on the agreement. As this contractor is recommend by my sis-in-law, we thought of giving it a try. My sis-in-law reno also done my him and that time no problem. When we ask him to draw up the agreement, he just draw up in a hurry and the agreeement also don't have our signature at all.

Today he just call my hubby that he bought the tiles we want. Initially, we went to select for the tiles we want still have stock. Due to his delay of 1 weeks plus because he is so super busy, the tiles have no more stock when he want to buy for us. My hubby have to leave work earlier just to go and re-select again and both times selection is only done by us alone.

I am so afraid that it will be no stock again and he will delay to go and buy the tiles, i even order and reserve for him first. Bo-pian.Everything have to be co-ordinate by us. By the way, he is a malaysian contractor and have factory in Singapore only.

I really piss off with so many things c*ck up for my reno as it is just the beginning and i think there will be more to come.

By the way, which blk are you located? Take keys already?

My humble home

Blk 79C Toa Payoh Central (90m)

No progress of renovation except air con is up

Now chasing him to start the work by this week or else will change my contractor. :unsure: Worse still is we have pay half of the renovation costs to him. So sian now. :)

wah D & S look like u got a contractor frm h*E*L*L!:unsure::P mayb u will like to tell us who he is to warn our neighbours of this contractor... :yeah: