Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Thanks for info, alister. Anyone from blk E received notice of their key collection?

Carelinwen, I wrote to my OIC before I went for my long trip in case I miss the deadline. You may wish to drop him/her and email too.

Many thanks to alister, gadgetman, strawberry_pear, ms white and the rest of the first batch of reno "guinea pigs". I have learnt alot from your posts :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks for info, alister. Anyone from blk E received notice of their key collection?

Carelinwen, I wrote to my OIC before I went for my long trip in case I miss the deadline. You may wish to drop him/her and email too.

Many thanks to alister, gadgetman, strawberry_pear, ms white and the rest of the first batch of reno "guinea pigs". I have learnt alot from your posts :thumbs up:

*choke* u're going to make strawberry_pear and gadgetman especially sad... i dun wanna be guinea pig leh. i wanna be cutie pig. LOL!!!!! :rofl:

wahahaha~~~

i know who is he also lah......

:D

u know ah...u also nafarian? :yeah:

Edited by ms_white

*choke* u're going to make strawberry_pear and gadgetman especially sad... i dun wanna be guinea pig leh. i wanna be cutie pig. LOL!:thumbs up:!! :rofl:

u know ah...u also nafarian? :yeah:

nope, not from nafa...you go ask him lor...kekeke~~~ !!

hihi... did u ppl see "good date" for door opening ceremony??? Or can choose not to then only see "good date" for tong du is good enough??

Ms white, u mention u see the taiwan chinese calendar thinggy right??? is it a website?? can send me the link? Thanks.

hi ebing..sorry for the late reply!!

the taiwan chinese calendar was from webbie and we used it to check for our wedding date. !!

the auspicious date for 动土 can be found on those "tear daily" calendar. u'll see 宜 for good and 忌 for bad.

if under 宜 got 动土, u may proceed. but must check the time to see if it's 吉, 中 or 凶. and also check whether it clashes with yours and chrispy's zodiac cos both of u are the owners. this method is the most simplified form. if u ask fengshui shifu, some will tell u no need to do anything, some will say must buy oranges, joss sticks, burn incense etc. up to individual's believe. i only check the date for 动土 and did the door opening ceremony on that day @ the specific time..

together with strawberry_pear's advise -->> http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...843&st=2240 , we used rice, salt (by right shld be coarse but we used fine cos can't find...) and those chinese dried "tie guan yin" tea leaves (this item was added as i read in other thread). if u're buddhist/taoist, u may wanna use the "ang hway" to sprinkle water in the house. we didn't do so cos of religion. after we opened the door, we rolled pineapple and left it in the house for 3 days (very sweet! hahaha!) we bought a new hammer to 开工 too. knock until got some bits lor.

hope i'm not too lo-soh... :yeah:

Ernest's Benedict's design. shay_d & I find it pretty cool. :rofl: Check it out -->> http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...7987&st=160 :thumbs up:

Edited by ms_white

Wow, dis thread is a most active in e forum :rofl:

Got gov ppl, got recruit, got housewife, got ah lao, kids, discounted mechandiz frm neighbour shop, gatherin, party.......... !!

Hihi Jacky....

U mentioned that your neighbour has already taken key. Well, I also seen my neighbour doing reno when i went up to racky last week....haha....dun tell me we are really future neighbour :thumbs up:

Did u go down to the expo fair last weekend?

I gave my floorplan to Fuse, Arts & Thots, Cisceern, Image & Rest & Relax for designs and quotations...Most of them told me that my reno fees will be about $40K which is way off my budget.

Anyway, i will wait for them to get back to me on the designs n quotations and probably drive a hard bargain if i can find anything suitable...I quite impress by Fuse though, like their design and feel comfy with the ID.

Anyone use Fuse?

Yah, wen 2 e xpo 2. Wow, how u intent 2 renov yor new hm? Balinese Resort? $40K :yeah:

U gav yor flr plan for them 2 propose schematic design? i din lei, jus tel them wat i wan only.

e 4 ID firm dat caught my attentn r Ciseern, *****, orangecube & urban.

4 mi, e best bargain is frm cisceern. <$20k - liv/din/store- homo, bdrm- laminated flr, mbrm- built-in wardrobe (solidwood & dunoe wat internal finish) & shower screen, kit cabinet, solid worktop, hood & hob, dining table or sofa, aircon, anti-slam hinge, edgebend instend of ABS triming, painting, misc labour for pipin & elect wiring.

But i havnt sign lei. Personally, best bargain & comfy is frm Cisceern but e type of design i would l like 2 do is frm orangcube & urban (modern contempary type) Gota decide b4 e promo ends. :idea:

Any fellow 79 neighbours' luvly hm is done by ciseern? Can go hav a lok anot? PM mi if can. :D

Hi blk 79E neighbours

I went up to 31st floor yesterday and saw a flat already doing up reno. Flooring and aircon done. This household got their keys very fast leh.

Yes, dats e 1. But dun xpect 2 go in & 6464.

:D

Hi TPCRC2,

Just a wild idea...can we have like a temporary notice board at Blk79 to advertise for used items (such as furnitures, electric appliances etc.) I thought there might be some of us who may have existing items that we may like to clear before we move house and some of these items may still be in very good condition. I know we already have Cash Converters, but they may not take in bulky items like furnitures and cabinets. The seller can leave some photos of the items and leave their contacts for interested parties. I know this may not be good news for the heartland shops, but there may be some of us who will be on a tight budget and such items will really help them out. Of course I am imagining the things to be sold at token prices...for example $50 for a sofa or a TV console etc.

BTW, great suggestions by Strawberry Pear :thumbs up: !! :yeah::rofl:

Dear Gadgetman,

Sorry, we can't have this service on the notice board, nevetheless, we can help you to set up a 'second hand market day' for the residents to sell their used and unused items at the void deck. We can provide table and chairs with a token charge say $2/- per table & two chair setup. The stall is only allow for residents only and registeration is required. Your can discuss about it and suggest a date which is most suitable day like weekend. :D

Dear Gadgetman,

Sorry, we can't have this service on the notice board, nevetheless, we can help you to set up a 'second hand market day' for the residents to sell their used and unused items at the void deck. We can provide table and chairs with a token charge say $2/- per table & two chair setup. The stall is only allow for residents only and registeration is required. Your can discuss about it and suggest a date which is most suitable day like weekend. 8|

Hi TPYRC2,

Thanks for the reply...I was thinking of something more hassle-free as bulky items may be involved. But the idea to have a garage sale at the void deck sounds like fun. Perhaps we can reserve this idea for later when more people have moved in...then we can have our mini "pasar malam" to deal with smaller used items such as electronic gadgets, books, collectibles, etc....

But before I get carried away...any supporters for this idea from other 79ers? :bangwall::bangwall:8|

i sms-ed benedict a month or 2 months back and asked if i can have a quote from him...i told him i will collect keys early next year......

you know what's his reply??? he said he had currently stop taking in new projects and he's very busy...and my key collection is too far away....

dunno what he meant by my key collection too far away......but it left a negative impression in me......

:bangwall:

i duno abt benedict but i heard and see b4 frankie frm earnest both are very popular. u actually can find their company thread here at this forum. frankie he also quite busy but he still find time to ask us dwn to plan our layout together. while most of the ID is plan liao then tell u come dwn. so something diff and better cuz is both of us think abt the best position and discuss wat material to use also and he give us again a new idea... thumps up frankie!:bangwall:8|

8| i wanna kill congee77!:bangwall:! stalker!:bangwall:! :rofl:

Don't be like tat le. I juz wanna be a peaceful, humble, low-profile neighbour living in a beautiful environment surrounded by good neighbours at block 79 le. 8|

Hi TPYRC2,

Thanks for the reply...I was thinking of something more hassle-free as bulky items may be involved. But the idea to have a garage sale at the void deck sounds like fun. Perhaps we can reserve this idea for later when more people have moved in...then we can have our mini "pasar malam" to deal with smaller used items such as electronic gadgets, books, collectibles, etc....

But before I get carried away...any supporters for this idea from other 79ers? 8|8|:rofl:

Yes to TPCRC2 and gadgetman, I M interested. haha.. can sell 2nd hand clothes also or those who likes to cook can dish up something. maybe make it like carnival. those who are train can do manicure and pedicure services or hanna design. can have balloons / candy floss for kids and all also. hahaha.. think this is gonna be quite big.. maybe can do at the open space in front of the library.. our kampong is launching into business!:bangwall: haha :bangwall: