Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Dear tension,

You can check the price and item model from say Best Denki, Court or any others place.

Go to Blk 190 Toa Payoh Central #01-588 beside KFC, look for Gina, give your model to her and ask her to quote you the price.

You can quote that you from Blk 79 residents and refered by the rc chairman. If she carry the Brand, We will inform her to give you best price or try her very best to match the price with some discount. For sure no commission for us. Hope this lo bang can help you to cut down budget.

Dear all,

Talking of gas, if you guys are using the gov gas, remember to tell the contractor to run the gas meter outside your house, this will save the trouble when the SP guy come to do meter reading, maybe new flat the meter is already outside.

check it out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
u can check out the unit beside strawberry_pear's...her neighbour, also 5rm, hack until bing bing piang piang...almost look like the entire layout will be changed... :sport-smiley-018:

no problem droplets..hope u'll quickly find an ID and start ur reno soon..then we can see more home-to-be..keke!

cos gas heater's capacity only 5litre..it's barely enough for 2 person..

hope u'll enjoy ur discussion with substance~!

u mean the gas heater is also storage kind ar??? aiyo...like that jialat lah....

now must recce heaters also already....

Hi Dino

Sorry for the late reply... Havent won the war yet... Not even the war with hubby about which ID to choose... I think we have at least scaled down to only Eesy from Substance and Alex from Summit. Alex's price also very competitive and dun have hidden costs. The only prob is I cannot compare line items for my quote coz Mr Eesy refuses to let me bring back his quotation.. Aiyoh.... Why cannot leh? If his price is the lowest, why cannot let us bring back to compare leh?

Ms White, Dino:

Do you encounter the same prob?

After choosing the ID, still have the war on what to do for reno, what tiles to choose, what colours.... seems like a never ending war.... :bleah:

Strawberry

When are you going to China? Gonna miss you on the forum and meeting up with you... :( Are you still going for the Jill Lowe thingy tonite?

hi hi zanie, long time no see liao!:wub:! missed u last night at our blk!:)! wanted to confirm w u for the jill lowe thing but din have time to log into forum.... btw, u coming over later???

Everybody:

Jia You! Looking forward to the day where everyone moves in and we can officially be neighbours! (^_^) :yamseng:

i tink next year during cny, we can have wat u suggested liao!! the kids can go around visiting, we can chat and the guys.... play mahjong??hehhehe

:bleah:

Thanks Ms_white & strawberry_pear... can't wait to start my renovation soon...

Looks like I'm going to be in for a shock :o or disappointment.. :( since I hv not really seen how small the 4rm is yet... only saw strawberry_pear's place during the last outing..

Let me know ya if any of you finish the renovation..then i can kaypoh kaypoh go and take a look at your place... I can't go now cos the elderly folks tell me cannot see renovation works when preggy.. :no: .. so sian... :bleah:

hey snufflepagus,

hope that bb and u are fine... do take more broccoli, salmon,dairy products and dha pills now so tat bb will be healthy. btw, not only clothes can lend u, also Medela PIS dual breastpump set, bayb sarong sling and breastfeeding clothes... shld u need reading materials, can try to read "What to expect when u are expecting", "The happiest baby on the block", "Ask Supernanny"... these books will help u to prepare urself for ur new bb, how to cope using different methods and some of the methods are really gd!! :good:

if u interested in coming to any of our hse's dun worry but do sms us in advance and maybe we can tell u if there are works going on. if there are, then maybe not as convenient. if there aren't then u can then drop by!! :sport-smiley-018:;)

Yeah! Isnt this cool? :yamseng: I like..... How I wish I can have my 2nd one soon so that the age gap with all you neighbours' children will not be too big... Then can have fun mah... Can have PJ parties, sleepovers, halloween trick or treats (like those in american movies). So fun! :good: (^_^) :good::dribble:

heyhey i volunteer to set up childrens' chinese reading sessions every once a month(I'm Serious)!!!

hehehe but dads and mums must also sit in hahahha...maybe tweakmax and wife can conduct some pe lessons once a month for the kids too?

alister can open "Renovation Information Counter" and start charging consultation fees.. LOL!

hahahhahah true!! "Alister the Reno Guru"!!

but thanks alister, though i've bought most of the things i needed liao however, these info really useful!!good job bro!

Hi Ms White, Strawberry pear and gadgetman... thanks for showing me and my FH your unit... it was a real exposure for us!!

hihi droplets,

not to mention!! think it was quite dark though then can't really see anything much.. hope to show u our flats in the daytime next time!

u mean the gas heater is also storage kind ar??? aiyo...like that jialat lah....

now must recce heaters also already....

yeah gas heater is also the storage kind... and 5l is definitely not enough if u are going to have kids etc next time.... have a happy dialogue with substance today!

any comments for gas heater??? how come nobody wanna use them???

been looking at LCD tvs......see until blur...anybody got any recommendations which brands are good??? so far, we are aiming sharp and samsung...

anyway, will be going down to meet leonard from substance...keep hearing you all talk about substance, so since we got time, we'll just go and see how's his quote....so far, shortlisted only 1 id after getting 4 quotes......

headache~~~

Just a tip on LCD TV for your consideration: If you are getting 37" and above, make sure that there is a feature to smooth fast moving pictures, otherwise the display has a tendency to be jerky - this will definitely spoil your big-screenmovie expereince. this problem is only more apparent in large screen LCD TVs so if you are getting smaller for your bedroom, it is not very important. I think only Samsung, Sony and Philips have such technology. The Samsung R81 series for example has the Movie Plus feature...

Just my two cents.... :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Ms White, Strawberry pear and gadgetman... thanks for showing me and my FH your unit... it was a real exposure for us!!

No problems at all! Welcome to the Guinea Pigs' Units!!

Dear all,

Can I kpkp.

Storage heater is not practical to use, as I mention earlier, it is not safe for kids.

everytime you take shower, you need to boil the 5 ltr to 10 ltr of water for one person at a time unless one bath after another one, so electrical bill will be high. (Oil price go up, electrical bill sure go up)

To place the big water tank at the kitchen or bathroom does not look nice, I have seen the 4 Rm 90 sqm kitchen size, the water tank will look very big there. Think about it before you decide.

Dear all,

Can I kpkp.

Storage heater is not practical to use, as I mention earlier, it is not safe for kids.

everytime you take shower, you need to boil the 5 ltr to 10 ltr of water for one person at a time unless one bath after another one, so electrical bill will be high. (Oil price go up, electrical bill sure go up)

To place the big water tank at the kitchen or bathroom does not look nice, I have seen the 4 Rm 90 sqm kitchen size, the water tank will look very big there. Think about it before you decide.

I beg to differ. Like i said in my previous post earlier, I've been using a 30L storage heater most of my life. You don't need to keep turning on the heater everytime you bathe. Just need to turn on for 15-20 mins to heat it up and turn it off. It will be warm for a long period of time. Me and my wife take a bath in the morning before going to work, after work come back, take a bath again, the water is still hot! !! :) There is no need to turn it on to heat it up again :sport-smiley-018::wub:

Like that, you save electrical bill instead cos you only turn it on once a day for 15-20 mins. But of course if you turn on and forget to switch it off, that is another matter altogether :good:

so which means, gas heater and storage heater, we need to switch on for a while before the water will be hot? hw abt electric heater?

Edited by yingsan

hi Lwenn welcome to this forum!:good::wub: we are in the same block and unit 65 too.... :) hahaha....ya think not later of this month we will get our keys... have u found ur ID????

Hihi chrispy,

Nice to know tt you are from unit 65 too :sport-smiley-018:

Still looking for ID, there's a home fair at expo this weekend, I may drop by to look c look c.

How abt u, found any yet? Anyone heard or engage Advance Designing?

congrats! me too...just got it....have u submitted the loan application?

did u fill up the monthly income for your wife/ husband as well?

since they are only assessing the amt of $ we can borrow, just 1 person's income will be enough right?

are they going to assess whether we are eligible for housing loan? since we already passed that stage ya?

Hihi Happy,

I just submitted my LA this morning to HDB. I filled up everything and submitted with our payslip. Hopefully the HDB wun take long to assess.

I'm also quite worried abt the income part but like what Ms white said, i will clarify with HDB if need be.

Dear all,

Can I kpkp.

to have storage heater is mainly to have enough pressure for the rainshower.

we are normal working class ppl who after a hard day work would like to just have and enjoy a good shower but hdb flats usually do not have enough pressure to faciliate the rainshower.

so this is the main reason for the storage heater. :wub:

Dear neighbours,

I'm thinking of installing a storage heater too cos' the water's much hotter than instant heater. Cld I find out where you guys will be placing it? In the kitchen?? Anyone actually went to relay the piping to the common bathroom? My ID said its v expensive to do that..hmm...

And btw, anyone just hacking an opening between the MBR and adjacent room? Do you think that will be approved by HDB?

Hi Ikoice,

I am hacking an opening between MBR and the adj room to make a walk in warbrobe.

Hi jacky,

Why your new neighbour is the only one who got key for the entire block? Which block (A-E) is that?

79E

Hi all,

I happened to chance upon this web and thought of saying hello to all my future neighbours.

I'm at Blk E..unit 65! I've just received my Loan application form. According to the OIC from HDB, I should be collecting my key not later then end Nov. Yippeeeee...very excited :)

hi Lwenn welcome to this forum!:wub::D we are in the same block and unit 65 too.... :notti: hahaha....ya think not later of this month we will get our keys... have u found ur ID????

Mi olso blk E, unit 67. Dun tel mi 1 of u is my neighbour nex dr. :P Mi olso stil lookin around ID, had shortlisted 2. But mine would b jus e basic/ simple renov. Yah, lately many furnishin sales, can check it out. Olso olso goin 2 sg expo, dis wkend, got promo package frm well-known designer. :wub:

Hi Ikoice

The pipings are already laid by HDB, u dun have ask your contractor to relaid.

Yalor, i olso wondering y sum ppl gona relay water piping & electrical wiring :P Piping & wiring r already done by hdb, concealed either in e wall or ceiling, xposed r e conectin points. Gues sum of u mayb doin a big renov or changing e orig hdb layout, dats y nid relay. ;)

Dear tension,

You can check the price and item model from say Best Denki, Court or any others place.

Go to Blk 190 Toa Payoh Central #01-588 beside KFC, look for Gina, give your model to her and ask her to quote you the price.

You can quote that you from Blk 79 residents and refered by the rc chairman. If she carry the Brand, We will inform her to give you best price or try her very best to match the price with some discount. For sure no commission for us. Hope this lo bang can help you to cut down budget.

U mean how much e shop selling, u can control?

Seems like dis RC chairman is a all-rounded?

PM mi your real name & contact, would like 2 meet up with u? :)

Hihi chrispy,

Nice to know tt you are from unit 65 too :wub:

Still looking for ID, there's a home fair at expo this weekend, I may drop by to look c look c.

How abt u, found any yet? Anyone heard or engage Advance Designing?

Hihi Happy,

I just submitted my LA this morning to HDB. I filled up everything and submitted with our payslip. Hopefully the HDB wun take long to assess.

I'm also quite worried abt the income part but like what Ms white said, i will clarify with HDB if need be.

Hi Lwenn

Heard of Advance and did drop by the office. In the end we decided to drop the ID cause we don't feel very comfortable with him. One is that they do not give written quotation, gave us a figure and told us everything is included. What exactly is included beside the few things he told us, we are not very sure. :D:wub: Beside that the most important to me was that he didn't really want to confirm with us what sort of material he is using eg parquet from which country, long or short strip. He will just tell you he will take care of everything.

Another is he ask for a 10% deposit and after the payment he will then write the quotation for you. Btw, he keeps telling you that he doesn't know how to write in English so the quotation is in mandarin and if you require it in English you have to wait for the office clerk to translate.

In the end, it comes up to how comfortable you are with the ID and their prices. Or you could check around before you make any decision. Happy ID hunting. :)

Edited by Yel

storage heater is for beautifying the expensively done up toilets...without the ghastly sight of an electric heater in the bathrm to spoil the look.

wat to do...hdb gave us such awful tiles that we've no choice but to overlay them...water pipes leading to the kitchen where we've no choice but to place a chunky water heater in our small kitchen... sadly, there's no justification at all...

Hi Alister and Ms White,

We are waiting for the key collection of he RC Center at Blk 78 C #01-81, any reno ideal for the best usage for the residents, Karaoke club/ Movie Screening and workshop seminar with projector? I saw somebody say she want to start a reading class for children? Tution class room?

Please give ideal. all are welcome

79E

Mi olso blk E, unit 67. Dun tel mi 1 of u is my neighbour nex dr. :P Mi olso stil lookin around ID, had shortlisted 2. But mine would b jus e basic/ simple renov. Yah, lately many furnishin sales, can check it out. Olso olso goin 2 sg expo, dis wkend, got promo package frm well-known designer. !!

Yalor, i olso wondering y sum ppl gona relay water piping & electrical wiring !! Piping & wiring r already done by hdb, concealed either in e wall or ceiling, xposed r e conectin points. Gues sum of u mayb doin a big renov or changing e orig hdb layout, dats y nid relay. ;)

U mean how much e shop selling, u can control?

Seems like dis RC chairman is a all-rounded?

PM mi your real name & contact, would like 2 meet up with u? !!

Dear Jacky777,

we do no control prices, some shop operator are friendly and they give discount to our residents.

we are the grassroot around this area and make friends around but not all-rounded, some shop operator are very tao, they don't like us, don't know why, maybe our resident complain too much on the shop operator and they though we complain, very bai dan lay.

We have given the RC Chairman name and contact no to Alister.

Not sure how to PM, first time in this type of forum lay.

You can drop us a e-mail to tpcrc2@gmail.com, our RC is located at Blk 179 #01-462, new branch will be at Blk 78C waiting for key collection.