Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

jazreel - recommended by my hotel co-ord. they have nice gown but photo not nice

Sophia - my colleague's using them. gowns so-so, not bad, but i like their photos and their make-up

bridal concept - many good feedback in singapore brides forum

flamingo - my colleague's using them, i find both gowns n photo so-so... but their gowns are for thinny people like me

margaret brides - see magazines... like their gowns

divine c - the actress who got married recently, her gowns are from divine... hehe...

sigh... see first lor... now concentrate on my exam first... will start intense sourcing again in dec aft exam...

anyone's hm is under renovation tmr?? can i go see?? i'm on leave tmr to study, but may be dropping by abt 4pm to @@... hmmm... hope i can get my keys in nov so that i can also start the reno... so busy n stress but yet very excited... wuhaha... :P

For bridal package, think abt where most of your money will go to.. :bleah:

i feel that most of our $ goes to the photos so our focus when we hunted for bridal package was their photography skills.

I've seen my friend's album by jazreel...negative negative.... !!

The rest i haven't seen before. so can't comment. :)

Actually the gown don't need to be so nice/exp...coz one yr later nobody will remember what gown u wear...and even in photos, ppl won't focus on gown...the focus is more on ur appearance (makeup, angles, pose,etc.) So the photographer is impt.

My bridal shop was Golden Horse Awards @ Yishun. Photographer was Steven. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear Neighbours,

I'm thinking.... How about we have a gathering this coming Sunday (say at 3pm)? This gathering (no need bring food) is for everyone who wants to open their house or visit other's house can meet together.

What do u all think?

Anyone keen for this? :lol::lol::P

Should be able to attend. Will be at my place ard 3.30pm and done ard 4.00pm. can join after tat. :good:

yup..heard a lot of positive comments on bridal concepts too..maybe u can ask shivan (wife) for their experience? not easy to find a BS which u'll like everything.. happy sourcing oh~ if u need then u let me know.

meeting strawberry_pear ard 7pm though..u may wanna meet us..going to zanie98's and maybe mine.

hmmm... got something on at 7.00pm... goin to see 3d drawing... hope we'll be satified and need not make any changes again...

i'll be dropping by at abt 4plus later... go see see look look awhile...

For bridal package, think abt where most of your money will go to.. :P

i feel that most of our $ goes to the photos so our focus when we hunted for bridal package was their photography skills.

I've seen my friend's album by jazreel...negative negative.... :good:

The rest i haven't seen before. so can't comment. :lol:

Actually the gown don't need to be so nice/exp...coz one yr later nobody will remember what gown u wear...and even in photos, ppl won't focus on gown...the focus is more on ur appearance (makeup, angles, pose,etc.) So the photographer is impt.

My bridal shop was Golden Horse Awards @ Yishun. Photographer was Steven. :P

hmmm... quite true... you have enlightened me... ya, to be honest, i also can't rem what gown did my colleague wore, only remembered that her album was nice...

hey, thanks for your advice... :lol:

all in all, the total damage done for my lights was 1.7k..am uploadin the pics now... the prices of chandeliers varies.... from basic 399 to 1k plus depending on the size, the material for the design... if the whole chandelier is crystal, the price will be roughly from 600.00 onwards but this is a really rough gauge only cos different shops in balestier charge different prices... go and compare among different shops b4 u commit and if u are looking for design, do remember that it will be slightly more ex. if u are looking at practicality and dun mind older designs, then it will definitely be cheaper.

if the whole chandelier is swarovski, do expect the price to be min 800.00

for me, i went for design ultimately instead of swarovski cos of the price difference.

Hi Strawberry Pear,

Are you having your lights installed today? Mine is scheduled to be done today...really looking forward to be able to view my place at night when the lights are installed!

BTW, saw your reno-blog and I must say your lights and toilet accessories selection is rather impressive!

HI Ms White

I'm just opening the door for the "pandang" ceremony and for the id to take measurements is this considered "Dong Tu"?

hi tension_z..just sharing my cents worth of thought after checking the lunar calendar:

Thursday and Friday aren't good days for "Dong Tu"

Better days & time are:

27, Saturday 吉 1pm-3pm 5pm-7pm 中 3pm-5pm 7pm-11pm 凶 7am-1pm (冲马鼠)

29, Monday 吉 1pm-11pm 中 11am-1pm 凶 7am-11am (冲猴虎)

but it's individual's belief lah.. :jawdrop:

zanie98 & hubby...YAY~:rofl: can start loh!! :) heard from shay_d that you guys spent the whole day with fengshui and designers but haven't confirmed yet ah? sorry couldn't stay longer to talk cos gotta rush to perform "ceremony".. :dancingqueen:

Hi Ms White and Strawberry

Hmm.. Yep collected the keys yest then went to buy all the rice, tea leaves and salt blah blah for the "opening ceremony". Spent ard 5 hours in the house with various parties such as contractor etc. Havent really decided on ID. I'm quite ok with eesy but hubby dun like him... Wonder why...

Wah, yesterday was very windy. Feels like mini tornado inside the house. All the flyers "illegally" inserted thru the gap beneath the door were flying around in circles after we open the door... Hehehee... After some "wind treatment", really feel like sleeping liao.

The view was quite satisfatory lah... The ferris wheel seems to be in the middle of my view from the kitchen. Then somemore we saw 2 white birds (mebbe seagulls/ doves) flying past... Wah, does this mean a good omen? =P

Only thing we didn't like was the water pressure. Wah, at max after turning on, the water flow was just a trickle. Is this going to be the case forever? Then it'll take me hours just to wash my hands....

Forgot to take pics of the house. Will go up to take pics when meeting strawberry and others today.

Seeya Guys later! (^_^)

HI Ms White

I'm just opening the door for the "pandang" ceremony and for the id to take measurements is this considered "Dong Tu"?

erm..dunno leh :) to avoid further complications, i did the ceremony and knocking with hammer all in the same day. hee. :rofl:

Hi Ms White and Strawberry

Hmm.. Yep collected the keys yest then went to buy all the rice, tea leaves and salt blah blah for the "opening ceremony". Spent ard 5 hours in the house with various parties such as contractor etc. Havent really decided on ID. I'm quite ok with eesy but hubby dun like him... Wonder why...

Wah, yesterday was very windy. Feels like mini tornado inside the house. All the flyers "illegally" inserted thru the gap beneath the door were flying around in circles after we open the door... Hehehee... After some "wind treatment", really feel like sleeping liao.

The view was quite satisfatory lah... The ferris wheel seems to be in the middle of my view from the kitchen. Then somemore we saw 2 white birds (mebbe seagulls/ doves) flying past... Wah, does this mean a good omen? =P

Only thing we didn't like was the water pressure. Wah, at max after turning on, the water flow was just a trickle. Is this going to be the case forever? Then it'll take me hours just to wash my hands....

Forgot to take pics of the house. Will go up to take pics when meeting strawberry and others today.

Seeya Guys later! (^_^)

hey zanie..kekeke!! not bad liao lor..can see ferris wheel and birds flying yet u still call that satisfactory view..i've no view lor!! only see coffeeshop and shops................................................

ya, yesterday was quite windy..felt quite good when we entered the hs..no "heavy" feeling :bleah: a lot of irritating flyers indeed. have u checked for defects? we were too busy with eesy that we forgot abt it..also forgot to take photos! heard from shay_d that u r ok but ur hubby's not quite into eesy's "open" concepts is it? perhaps u need to discuss with ur hubby on the colours and design layout that's acceptable then tell eesy..it's gonna be ur hse so he has to design according to ur comfort level. :dancingqueen:

Hi Strawberry Pear,

Are you having your lights installed today? Mine is scheduled to be done today...really looking forward to be able to view my place at night when the lights are installed!

BTW, saw your reno-blog and I must say your lights and toilet accessories selection is rather impressive!

how to see reno blog?? teach me leh...

how to see reno blog?? teach me leh...

it's her signature

--------------------

a place of laughter, peace and joy-my reno tblog <<---- find strawberry_pear's reply and click on it.

The hollow tiles mostly found at the top..we had to stand on a chair to check those tiles at the top..

For those neighbours who have just collected their keys, do keep a look out for hollow tiles.

We also report holes in the gaps between tiles. Did they rectify those for you?

Wah hollow tiles at the top ah...oh dear...i didn't bring a chair...oh well...hopefully nothing will happen to it.

Yup they fill up the holes.... :thumbs up:

But i suppose ur ID can also 'sun bian' fill up the holes when they do the tiling works.

Hi guys,

Blk E is accessible by lift. Here is a photo to share on the view of Blk E.

IMG_0084.jpg

:thumbs up:

Very nice view indeed!! Even better than the Blk C I must say...but can I check if can see the Novena/Orchard areas too?

yup..heard a lot of positive comments on bridal concepts too..maybe u can ask shivan (wife) for their experience? not easy to find a BS which u'll like everything.. happy sourcing oh~ if u need then u let me know.

meeting strawberry_pear ard 7pm though..u may wanna meet us..going to zanie98's and maybe mine.

Hi Ebing,

I highly recommend Bridal Concepts! :good: My coordinator at that time which was 1yr+ ago was Big Sally. There were 2 Sallys there. Have not been visiting the sgbrides forum so I'm not sure if she is still there. My photographer was Kit and MUA was lynn. They form a very good team. Kit is very jovial and able to make you feel at ease and smile :yeah: Lynn's skill is also good.

Big Sally is very approachable and easy to negotiate with. From the package that they offered, I didn't want certain things so in return, I exchanged for more poses...

In a bridal package, poses is more important than photos. For example, if your album is going to be magazine style, you can use the same pose to create some effect, like a small picture within a big picture. This is still considered as 1... not 2. Even when the picture is a mirror image, it is still 1. So you will want to have more poses so that you can have a variety to make up a story line for your album. :notti:

For magazine style album, the minimum poses you need to make the album nice is about 50. My package at that time comes with 26 poses but i didn't want the bridal car and the 40 photos to give to your relatives, so i got another 3-4 more poses in return. After which i top up to 50+ out of which there were some repeated poses so if you talk about the actual number of photos or pictures used will be close to 70 but only charged for 50+. :(

Hope I'm clear and not boring you all... zz

Ok back to reno topics... I want my keys!:thumbs up::fire:

hey tension, so which id u chose in the end? hope to see u soon fellow colleague!

hey guys, i found out today from *** that the cheapest toilet in the market today is by johnson suisse and it costs 190.00 le... where can find 100.00 one? the one that hdb gave us is 230.00 le :thumbs up:!

Hi Strawberry Pear,

Can I confirm if it is necessary to get our toilet stuff from Lookz? I saw that you have actually shopped around but have bought from Lookz in the end. Heard that Lookz prices are inflated is this true?