Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

I am collecting my keys in the afternoon. but not opening until sunday.

heard from an elder that sunday is chu 18, a better date to open than on Sat.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ebing,

standard ones should be only mid 100 plus, of course there are premium ones that can cost a bomb and many others that are in-between. Eg the TOTO one that you see advertised in home mags is ~$10K. So betw $150-$10000, you can change according to your budget ehh should be Chrispy's budget. !!

pay $10k to sit on a toilet bowl to "pang sai"?:dancingqueen: ............................................................

sounds like shiok but not shiok to the pocket...

hi tension_z..just sharing my cents worth of thought after checking the lunar calendar:

Thursday and Friday aren't good days for "Dong Tu"

Better days & time are:

27, Saturday 吉 1pm-3pm 5pm-7pm 中 3pm-5pm 7pm-11pm 凶 7am-1pm (冲马鼠)

29, Monday 吉 1pm-11pm 中 11am-1pm 凶 7am-11am (冲猴虎)

but it's individual's belief lah.. :dancingqueen:

Hollow tiles should be considered major rite..coz they would need to hack the tile out to replace ya?

I ah gar ah gar check my tiles so didn't really notice any hollow tiles. I also didn't want them to hack everything out and later result in more defects.

BUt i reported the holes in the gaps between tiles in the Kitchen & bathrooms.

Oh btw..u can go to the office at the void deck of 79C to check. Coz i collected back my keys from there.

Has anyone used Turbo or Fujioh Hob and Hood before? Any comments?

There are so many brands out there...not sure which is better.....

The hollow tiles mostly found at the top..we had to stand on a chair to check those tiles at the top..

For those neighbours who have just collected their keys, do keep a look out for hollow tiles.

We also report holes in the gaps between tiles. Did they rectify those for you?

The price of under $2k is for one or both toilets ? My ID gave me an alternative, which is to spray instead of overlay. Was quoted $2.9k for both toilets, so I'm try to check if it is cheaper to overlay. Appreciate any sharing. Thanks

not too sure abt the cost of spraying... but heard it wun look nice... dun take the risk lah... hehe... :dancingqueen:

went to buy lights today and just a few pointers to share:

1. try to choose plc energy saving bulbs for all areas and dun choose halogen bulbs bcos the lifespan is shorter and it emits more heat=more $$. somemore the designs of lamps that come with halogen bulbs are also more ex so not worth it.

another reason for this is that normal bulbs will take a 2second response rate to response whereas for energy saving bulbs, the moment u on the switch, it will switch on immediately cos the ballast is inbuilt.

2. for common areas like kitchen, toilet, store room, try to get cheaper and normal lights like hamburger/square lights (will be uploading the pics later) cos these are not feature areas of your hse. Eye catching lamps will be for probably living + dining/ dining+study(which is for our case)/ dining+mbr. Guests will know that these areas are areas u wish to highlight and it will catch their attention.

3. when choosing chandeliers(which is all the craze abt now), do check the grades of the crystal. if it is not swarovski crystal, then the price should be cheaper. do note that swarovski crystals emits better color and is clearer thus the price is also more expensive. if u are to take a c4 grade of crystal(or similar), then when u wipe next time, the scratches will be more visible and the gleamer that it emits will not be as shiny.

maintenance of crystals is to take a pc of cloth which we normally use to wipe our glasses to rub it for a while every half a year to one year. do not wash it in water.

4. there is a place for u to place ur fluorescent bulbs in the pipe concealer in both the toilets, so if possible, install a T5 light there to make the whole toilet brighter cos 1 light on the wall is not enough to make it look bright. Choose t5 fluorescent becose it comes with a casing and it more sleek. if u choose normal fluorescent, its cheaper but do take note that its only held together with 2 pieces of metal and it may fall and break when u clean.

hope the info helps!

pay $10k to sit on a toilet bowl to "pang sai"?!! ............................................................

sounds like shiok but not shiok to the pocket...

haha... those 10k one not only can pang sai... also can wash ur buttocks and got prevent smelly effect when doing big business... u know?? like those kind in japan?? haha.....

nah... for my buttock, a $100-$200 is good enough... plain n simple = elegant... :)

hey tension, so which id u chose in the end? hope to see u soon fellow colleague!

haha... those 10k one not only can pang sai... also can wash ur buttocks and got prevent smelly effect when doing big business... u know?? like those kind in japan?? haha.....

nah... for my buttock, a $100-$200 is good enough... plain n simple = elegant... :)

hey guys, i found out today from *** that the cheapest toilet in the market today is by johnson suisse and it costs 190.00 le... where can find 100.00 one? the one that hdb gave us is 230.00 le !!!

went to buy lights today and just a few pointers to share:

1. try to choose plc energy saving bulbs for all areas and dun choose halogen bulbs bcos the lifespan is shorter and it emits more heat=more $$. somemore the designs of lamps that come with halogen bulbs are also more ex so not worth it.

another reason for this is that normal bulbs will take a 2second response rate to response whereas for energy saving bulbs, the moment u on the switch, it will switch on immediately cos the ballast is inbuilt.

2. for common areas like kitchen, toilet, store room, try to get cheaper and normal lights like hamburger/square lights (will be uploading the pics later) cos these are not feature areas of your hse. Eye catching lamps will be for probably living + dining/ dining+study(which is for our case)/ dining+mbr. Guests will know that these areas are areas u wish to highlight and it will catch their attention.

3. when choosing chandeliers(which is all the craze abt now), do check the grades of the crystal. if it is not swarovski crystal, then the price should be cheaper. do note that swarovski crystals emits better color and is clearer thus the price is also more expensive. if u are to take a c4 grade of crystal(or similar), then when u wipe next time, the scratches will be more visible and the gleamer that it emits will not be as shiny.

maintenance of crystals is to take a pc of cloth which we normally use to wipe our glasses to rub it for a while every half a year to one year. do not wash it in water.

4. there is a place for u to place ur fluorescent bulbs in the pipe concealer in both the toilets, so if possible, install a T5 light there to make the whole toilet brighter cos 1 light on the wall is not enough to make it look bright. Choose t5 fluorescent becose it comes with a casing and it more sleek. if u choose normal fluorescent, its cheaper but do take note that its only held together with 2 pieces of metal and it may fall and break when u clean.

hope the info helps!

hey... what's the price like for a chandelier?? for swarovski crystals kind and c4 grade kind... how much u spend in total for lighting??

hey... what's the price like for a chandelier?? for swarovski crystals kind and c4 grade kind... how much u spend in total for lighting??

all in all, the total damage done for my lights was 1.7k..am uploadin the pics now... the prices of chandeliers varies.... from basic 399 to 1k plus depending on the size, the material for the design... if the whole chandelier is crystal, the price will be roughly from 600.00 onwards but this is a really rough gauge only cos different shops in balestier charge different prices... go and compare among different shops b4 u commit and if u are looking for design, do remember that it will be slightly more ex. if u are looking at practicality and dun mind older designs, then it will definitely be cheaper.

if the whole chandelier is swarovski, do expect the price to be min 800.00

for me, i went for design ultimately instead of swarovski cos of the price difference.

hi ladies... sorry to side track... any bridal shop to recommend?? i've shortlisted some like flamingo, margaret brides, sophia wedding, jazreel, divine c, bridal concept... heard kai is very good, they got very nice gown, but the price also very "nice" lor...

ms white, how's milan?? !!

all in all, the total damage done for my lights was 1.7k..am uploadin the pics now... the prices of chandeliers varies.... from basic 399 to 1k plus depending on the size, the material for the design... if the whole chandelier is crystal, the price will be roughly from 600.00 onwards but this is a really rough gauge only cos different shops in balestier charge different prices... go and compare among different shops b4 u commit and if u are looking for design, do remember that it will be slightly more ex. if u are looking at practicality and dun mind older designs, then it will definitely be cheaper.

if the whole chandelier is swarovski, do expect the price to be min 800.00

for me, i went for design ultimately instead of swarovski cos of the price difference.

agree fully!! cos we walked half of balestier to recce for crystal lights..min $800 for swarovski crystals and it's only a small lamp... do expect $1k-$2k for a slightly bigger one.. !!

hi ladies... sorry to side track... any bridal shop to recommend?? i've shortlisted some like flamingo, margaret brides, sophia wedding, jazreel, divine c, bridal concept... heard kai is very good, they got very nice gown, but the price also very "nice" lor...

ms white, how's milan?? :)

erm..may i know why u shortlist all those BS?

so far we're very satisfied with milan. very skilled in-house designer, talented make-up artiste, photographers for u to choose according to the style u fancy... flexible and working along with them is also comfortable (very impt!).

i think before u sign a package with a BS, go and have a look at their gowns, try on if u can... if u like their designs then u find out their package. designs may look beautiful in magazine, but only when u wear it then the real image is out. go www.singaporebrides.com.sg to find more also.

if u want, i can bring u to milan too. :bleah: easier to negotiate also..and must find Wendy, the designer. the other Wendy is manager..aka Xiao Ying (she's a taiwanese and used to be a tv host in SG)

Edited by ms_white

agree fully!! cos we walked half of balestier to recce for crystal lights..min $800 for swarovski crystals and it's only a small lamp... do expect $1k-$2k for a slightly bigger one.. !!

erm..may i know why u shortlist all those BS?

so far we're very satisfied with milan. very skilled in-house designer, talented make-up artiste, photographers for u to choose according to the style u fancy... flexible and working along with them is also comfortable (very impt!).

i think before u sign a package with a BS, go and have a look at their gowns, try on if u can... if u like their designs then u find out their package. designs may look beautiful in magazine, but only when u wear it then the real image is out. go www.singaporebrides.com.sg to find more also.

if u want, i can bring u to milan too. :bleah: easier to negotiate also..and must find Wendy, the designer. the other Wendy is manager..aka Xiao Ying (she's a taiwanese and used to be a tv host in SG)

jazreel - recommended by my hotel co-ord. they have nice gown but photo not nice

Sophia - my colleague's using them. gowns so-so, not bad, but i like their photos and their make-up

bridal concept - many good feedback in singapore brides forum

flamingo - my colleague's using them, i find both gowns n photo so-so... but their gowns are for thinny people like me

margaret brides - see magazines... like their gowns

divine c - the actress who got married recently, her gowns are from divine... hehe...

sigh... see first lor... now concentrate on my exam first... will start intense sourcing again in dec aft exam...

anyone's hm is under renovation tmr?? can i go see?? i'm on leave tmr to study, but may be dropping by abt 4pm to @@... hmmm... hope i can get my keys in nov so that i can also start the reno... so busy n stress but yet very excited... wuhaha... :)

jazreel - recommended by my hotel co-ord. they have nice gown but photo not nice

Sophia - my colleague's using them. gowns so-so, not bad, but i like their photos and their make-up

bridal concept - many good feedback in singapore brides forum

flamingo - my colleague's using them, i find both gowns n photo so-so... but their gowns are for thinny people like me

margaret brides - see magazines... like their gowns

divine c - the actress who got married recently, her gowns are from divine... hehe...

sigh... see first lor... now concentrate on my exam first... will start intense sourcing again in dec aft exam...

anyone's hm is under renovation tmr?? can i go see?? i'm on leave tmr to study, but may be dropping by abt 4pm to @@... hmmm... hope i can get my keys in nov so that i can also start the reno... so busy n stress but yet very excited... wuhaha... !!

yup..heard a lot of positive comments on bridal concepts too..maybe u can ask shivan (wife) for their experience? not easy to find a BS which u'll like everything.. happy sourcing oh~ if u need then u let me know.

meeting strawberry_pear ard 7pm though..u may wanna meet us..going to zanie98's and maybe mine.

Dear Neighbours,

I'm thinking.... How about we have a gathering this coming Sunday (say at 3pm)? This gathering (no need bring food) is for everyone who wants to open their house or visit other's house can meet together.

What do u all think?

Anyone keen for this? !! :):bleah:

Edited by almonddust