Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Ok, the notice to hand in loan application quite short hor. That means I can go bug my officer in early Nov to ask when Blk B will get letter. :dunno:

Ya, orange toilet bowl will look out of place. For me though I have not decide whether I will definately overlay toilet tiles, I can confirm will change toilet bowls to a white one. Any other colours somehow seems to make me feel that it's not sterile enough....

Actually reasonable toilet bowls are only about mid 100 plus, so it is not really that expensive to replace compared with the amount you spent on overlaying.

toilet bowl so cheap only meh... i tot exp leh... ai yo... then might as well change the whole thing to make it look nicer wor... i'll ask chrispy to pay. hehe... :yamseng:

Hi I am also overlaying the MBR toilet and was quoted 1k+, is this the normal rate?

Also thought of using black tiles, making it like resort toilet.

not too sure abt rate... my id only tell me overlaying cost less the 2K... can anyone advise what's the mkt rate now?? to overlay floor n wall tiles for 1 toilet??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
toilet bowl so cheap only meh... i tot exp leh... ai yo... then might as well change the whole thing to make it look nicer wor... i'll ask chrispy to pay. hehe... :sport-smiley-018:

not too sure abt rate... my id only tell me overlaying cost less the 2K... can anyone advise what's the mkt rate now?? to overlay floor n wall tiles for 1 toilet??

ebing,

standard ones should be only mid 100 plus, of course there are premium ones that can cost a bomb and many others that are in-between. Eg the TOTO one that you see advertised in home mags is ~$10K. So betw $150-$10000, you can change according to your budget ehh should be Chrispy's budget. :thumbs up:

Edited by carelinwen

Hi Tweakmax, then how u find cisceern overall?? most likely i'm also using them... but my id is gina... did u overlay ur toilet?? total reno, how much they quote u??

hey ms white, i know u r overlaying ur toilets... r u also changing the toilet bowl??

coz i'll definitely changing my basin to those hotel kind with vanity top (most likely the basin will be white). then if i intend to overlay tiles, the col of the tiles r likely to be black col... the my toilet might look weird... can imagine?? black tiles, white basin and orange toilet bowl...

what's ur opinion??

hi ebing, yup..i'm overlaying both toilets and will change mbr toilet bowl and sink.

mbr toilet will be black as well. looking forward to my enchanting toilet... !!

common toilet full white..sink and toilet bowl subjected to shay_d's approval...cos he dun quite allow...shay_d hor? !!

u shld just change everything since it's ur main toilet. no one's going to enjoy the toilet more than u liao.

make the most of it!:sport-smiley-018::thumbs up:

average overlay of toilet wall and floor less than $2k...so tweakmax, urs is a gd price.

Hi Bethel,

Thanks for the update.

They took quite fast to rectify the defects for you. We reported defects for hallow tiles at the bathrooms and kitchens. Is that considered major or minor? :sport-smiley-004:

Our officer is also Barry Lee. Think I will give him a call to check.

Hollow tiles should be considered major rite..coz they would need to hack the tile out to replace ya?

I ah gar ah gar check my tiles so didn't really notice any hollow tiles. I also didn't want them to hack everything out and later result in more defects.

BUt i reported the holes in the gaps between tiles in the Kitchen & bathrooms.

Oh btw..u can go to the office at the void deck of 79C to check. Coz i collected back my keys from there.

Has anyone used Turbo or Fujioh Hob and Hood before? Any comments?

There are so many brands out there...not sure which is better.....

hi ebing, yup..i'm overlaying both toilets and will change mbr toilet bowl and sink.

mbr toilet will be black as well. looking forward to my enchanting toilet... :(

common toilet full white..sink and toilet bowl subjected to shay_d's approval...cos he dun quite allow...shay_d hor? :o

u shld just change everything since it's ur main toilet. no one's going to enjoy the toilet more than u liao.

make the most of it!:sport-smiley-004::notti:

average overlay of toilet wall and floor less than $2k...so tweakmax, urs is a gd price.

hi all, thanks for all the advice...

Hooray!:sport-smiley-004::notti::o:(:D

The Probable Completion Date of your new flat is 4Q/2007. HDB will invite you to take possession of the flat when the construction of the flat is completed.

toilet bowl so cheap only meh... i tot exp leh... ai yo... then might as well change the whole thing to make it look nicer wor... i'll ask chrispy to pay. hehe... :bleah:

:):):jawdrop:

mbr toilet will be black as well. looking forward to my enchanting toilet... :bleah:

common toilet full white..sink and toilet bowl subjected to shay_d's approval...cos he dun quite allow...shay_d hor? :jawdrop:

make the most of it!:):)

The price of under $2k is for one or both toilets ? My ID gave me an alternative, which is to spray instead of overlay. Was quoted $2.9k for both toilets, so I'm try to check if it is cheaper to overlay. Appreciate any sharing. Thanks

i am collecting my keys tmr, anything to look out for?

heard from some forumers that I have to sign a lot of forms,

buy fire insurance and what else?

Dino, Ikoice and me too. Ms White should have collected the keys today. Anything we have to take note ? :yamseng:

Yup Yup....sure got to top up, but no choice...better change now than be more sorry later on!

My house just got a fresh coat of paint! Quite happy with the colors chosen too :bow:

Leonard had already replied...told him must give me very good price since we really over-shot the budget by a lot already. The price quoted is quite reasonable, but of course for us who are paying, it will never be low enough! But all things considered, it is a fair price and he also absorbed the cost for tearing down of the cornice.

On hindsight, I think I have to add in a fair word for him here. I just remembered today that the original design of that area is for a sliding door that goes behind the cornice structure. Had this been the case, the cornice would not have deep enough to be made into a storage cabinet. However, we have later changed the design to a swing door and consequently that left us with a much larger space to play with (that we have both overlooked unfortunately). So there is really nothing seriosuly wrong with his original design in the first place :bow:

heyhey!! choosing lights tonight!:yamseng: will drop in later to check out whether the capentry in already or not... actually leonard is quite gd and he is quite responsive too... just hope that tonight the lights cheap cheap cos i "pok" liao le....

btw neighbors, anyone interested in hacking one part of your mbr bedroom, there is one neighbor here who has done it and was approved by hdb...just met them yesterday and have seen their flat, and its very very nice!:notti:! makes the whole place seem bigger...they told me that they actually pestered hdb around 3-4 times b4 its approved and they still maintain their 2 doors.... maybe those interested in hacking, can try again?

Dino, Ikoice and me too. Ms White should have collected the keys today. Anything we have to take note ? :dunno:

hello if i not wrong, zanie also taking key today... wonder how is it....

1. when u go in, check the door and see if its peeling at the side.

2. check if the tiles are hollow in the kitchen and in the 2 toilet... for 4 room also check the kitchen floor tiles.

3. window panes, check if its "creaking" cos some of them the screws may be loose and the sides of it and see if there are any scratches.

4. household shelter door and all doors, see if it can be closed totally and is there anything wrong with the lock.

5. cracks on walls can only be seen if there is strong light so pls bring a "powderful" torch and shine on the walls... if there are hairline cracks, it'll be visible.

ehhh think that should be all liao...

btw alister,my id quote me 2k in all for 2 bathrooms.... overlay tiles...

also got to set up ur sp account(water and electricity) so that u can start commencing your reno asap...btw, citygas also need to fill in form so that they can do your kitchen gas piping for u.... if u need cement screeding, just go to branch office at bee cheng hiang 4th level, get the form and fill in.... they will tell u roughly when it will be done. Just need to hand in one set of keys of the lock u are going to use to them. dun give them ur hse keys!:jawdrop:!

heyhey!! choosing lights tonight!:yamseng: will drop in later to check out whether the capentry in already or not... actually leonard is quite gd and he is quite responsive too... just hope that tonight the lights cheap cheap cos i "pok" liao le....

btw neighbors, anyone interested in hacking one part of your mbr bedroom, there is one neighbor here who has done it and was approved by hdb...just met them yesterday and have seen their flat, and its very very nice!:notti:! makes the whole place seem bigger...they told me that they actually pestered hdb around 3-4 times b4 its approved and they still maintain their 2 doors.... maybe those interested in hacking, can try again?

hello if i not wrong, zanie also taking key today... wonder how is it....

1. when u go in, check the door and see if its peeling at the side.

2. check if the tiles are hollow in the kitchen and in the 2 toilet... for 4 room also check the kitchen floor tiles.

3. window panes, check if its "creaking" cos some of them the screws may be loose and the sides of it and see if there are any scratches.

4. household shelter door and all doors, see if it can be closed totally and is there anything wrong with the lock.

5. cracks on walls can only be seen if there is strong light so pls bring a "powderful" torch and shine on the walls... if there are hairline cracks, it'll be visible.

ehhh think that should be all liao...

btw alister,my id quote me 2k in all for 2 bathrooms.... overlay tiles...

also got to set up ur sp account(water and electricity) so that u can start commencing your reno asap...btw, citygas also need to fill in form so that they can do your kitchen gas piping for u.... if u need cement screeding, just go to branch office at bee cheng hiang 4th level, get the form and fill in.... they will tell u roughly when it will be done. Just need to hand in one set of keys of the lock u are going to use to them. dun give them ur hse keys!:jawdrop:!

Hi Strawberry_pear

Excellent advice. Forgot to prepare a lock for the gate. Will do that. I will also get my ID to quote the overlay as it is cheaper alternative.

Hey tension_z, Dino and alister,

What time are you all going to collect your keys? My appt time is 10.10am..hehe...hopefully will see you all there :( Both me and my future hb are really excited abt tomo!! :yamseng:

Oh, for those who are not getting married yet, must write an appeal letter and ake a copy of your confirmation letter if you've already booked your banquet yah? Heard HDB is quite flexi in this :)

Oh, if you guys are the 'pan tang' kind, here's sharing with you guys what my feng shui master ask me to bring tomo:

(1) 8 oranges to place in the centre of the hall

(2) many little red packets containing 1/5cent coins to place in the corner of each room

(3) A big shout (Da Ji Da Li):dunno: hahahahaha :(

Anyway, I have engaged Wang Shifu to come see my hse on Sat. He's charges are $488. He was recommended on the Singapore brides forum. If you guys interested, can pm me for his contact.

As for ID, I will most prob be signing with A&D interior after meeting Wang Shifu on Sat. Hoping that he wont ask me to change too much of my hse design *pray*.

Think tomo I'm gonna continue my hunt for my furniture and electrical appliances...so much things to buy but so little resources...sigh :)

Hey tension_z, Dino and alister,

What time are you all going to collect your keys? My appt time is 10.10am..hehe...hopefully will see you all there :) Both me and my future hb are really excited abt tomo!! :dancingqueen:

Oh, for those who are not getting married yet, must write an appeal letter and ake a copy of your confirmation letter if you've already booked your banquet yah? Heard HDB is quite flexi in this :)

Oh, if you guys are the 'pan tang' kind, here's sharing with you guys what my feng shui master ask me to bring tomo:

(1) 8 oranges to place in the centre of the hall

(2) many little red packets containing 1/5cent coins to place in the corner of each room

(3) A big shout (Da Ji Da Li)!! hahahahaha :P

Anyway, I have engaged Wang Shifu to come see my hse on Sat. He's charges are $488. He was recommended on the Singapore brides forum. If you guys interested, can pm me for his contact.

As for ID, I will most prob be signing with A&D interior after meeting Wang Shifu on Sat. Hoping that he wont ask me to change too much of my hse design *pray*.

Think tomo I'm gonna continue my hunt for my furniture and electrical appliances...so much things to buy but so little resources...sigh :)

Hi alister.. YAY~~!!! :yamseng: we've collected our keys and to be frank, u'll be pretty disappointed with the size of our MBR and living room.

without hacking the wall, our MBR size is ALMOST THERE after u visualise the bed. :(

for the living/dining, tv feature wall is like THERE and THAT'S IT! the dining is either behind your sofa area or beside........... :~ but we're pretty satisfied with the toilets and kitchen. should be the same size as 5rm.

as the entire paper work was super duper tedious...it took us 1hr30min to complete everything (including SP Power cos there's a queue) before we stepped out of HDB Hub.

you've a total of 27 keys!! to collect. and for the chain & padlock, we didn't prepare. but we were surprised our ID brought one for us so it saves us..and them of cos..the trouble.

Hi Ikoice..shay_d and I aren't married/registered yet. the gd news is..you've until 31 Mar 2009 to submit your marriage cert cos the completion of the flats are early. they honour the initial estimate date of completion..so there's no need to write or all that blah blah. :good:

Hi strawberry_pear...LOL!! didn't know we've super eye power to see each other from such a far distance! :yeah: hahaha!!! oh..we didn't have time to check for defects cos we were busy discussing the design layout..and the sunlight's getting dimmer too..was almost 5pm when we reached our house and we had to rush our preparation for the "grand opening"..must get it done before 5pm for today's lunar calendar *phew* will meet Eesy again for more discussion.

To dino, alister, tension_z and Ikoice..enjoy yourself tomorrow!

zanie98 & hubby...YAY~!! can start loh!! :lol: heard from shay_d that you guys spent the whole day with fengshui and designers but haven't confirmed yet ah? sorry couldn't stay longer to talk cos gotta rush to perform "ceremony".. :P

Edited by ms_white