Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

blk b chg to 4Q 2007 already.

Ohhh! I went to check mine. So happy! Really got hope to be Christmas present liao.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::yamseng::(:):yamseng::yamseng::( !! :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

blk E pples go check ur mail box!!! the loan application has arrived!!!!..... :D

Can I ask when is your submission deadline? Cos I will be away for a while in Nov, in case Blk B's loan application come then, I want to know long is it to the deadline.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
blk E pples go check ur mail box!!! the loan application has arrived!:)!..... :rofl:

"The Probable Completion Date of your new flat is 4Q/2007. HDB will invite you to take possession of the flat when the construction of the flat is completed."

Can't describe my feelings!

:yamseng::yamseng::rofl::yamseng::rofl::rofl: !!

Imagine if your X'mas present is...your house KEY! :(:( !!

Ohhh! I went to check mine. So happy! Really got hope to be Christmas present liao.

Can I ask when is your submission deadline? Cos I will be away for a while in Nov, in case Blk B's loan application come then, I want to know long is it to the deadline.

mine is on the 1st of nov.... to give my loan application. :yamseng:

"The Probable Completion Date of your new flat is 4Q/2007. HDB will invite you to take possession of the flat when the construction of the flat is completed."

:yamseng::):rofl::yamseng::rofl::rofl: !!

Imagine if your X'mas present is...your house KEY! :(:( !!

haha~ if can come early also good... !!

Here's another way to calculate for those who are only familiar with meters (courtesy of Ridz from SingaporeBrides)

Approx 1 ft = 3 meters

length (in metres) X breadth (in metres)= ans

then take the answer multiply by 0.2 = ans2

then take ans 2 x 3412 this will give you the BTU.

So like a 3200 length and 2200 breadth its

3.2 x 2.2 = 7.04

7.04 x 0.2 = 1.408

1.408 x 3412 = 4804btu required. etc.

I think 1 meter = around 3 fts. nope? (as 1 ft = around 30cm, and 100cm = 1m, so 1 meter equivalent 3ft plus or so)

Just did an incredibly crazy thing yesterday on my renovation plans...

Have decided after much thought and debate with wife that the COMPLETED cornice section outside the kitchen may have to go to make way for a more practical storage cabinet. It's very heartpain cos its more $$$ down the drain and the item is already 100% done. But I think it is better to bite the bullet now than to live with a mistake that I will regret more later on. Storage space is really a premium in our ultra congested flat and the area taken up by the cornice could have been put into much better use . Hope my ID can quote me a good price for the new design, if it is too expensive may be back to square one again....

Also requested to trade our instant water heaters to an electric drum heater. It really seem a bit silly if all the pipings are already done and we don't use them - this was a point I could not reconcile with for a long time. This means that I will have to trade off by living with an ugly-looking device on the top of my kitchen, but on the bright side, we can now have hot water for the kitchen (which was what my wife want all along), and we won't have to run the risk of instant electric heaters spoiling the looks of our toilets.

Hope we won't have any more last-minute changes...already wasted quite a bit of "Yuan Wang" money already... !! :notti::(

heyhey gadgetman, how's the reno liao?? like dat u need to top up more right? :bangwall: wat's leonard's reply so far?

interesting...

with alister's and xinni's calculation for air-con BTU going on, suddenly i feel that i'm back to sec 3/4 physics' lesson. sheesh...and i failed my pure sciences miserably...lol!

by the way, we would like to thank strawberry_pear and her hubby for the lunch treat on sunday! but must still invite us for house warming hor! :bangwall:

heyhey not to mention abt the lunch and really hope that u guys enjoyed the lunch and "window shopping" we had and definitely will be treating u guys to my housewarming!

I think 1 meter = around 3 fts. nope? (as 1 ft = around 30cm, and 100cm = 1m, so 1 meter equivalent 3ft plus or so)

Sorry for the big boo boo.

1ft = 30cm

3ft 4" = 100cm (1m)

Thanks for noticing the mistake

heyhey gadgetman, how's the reno liao?? like dat u need to top up more right? :dunno: wat's leonard's reply so far?

Yup Yup....sure got to top up, but no choice...better change now than be more sorry later on!

My house just got a fresh coat of paint! Quite happy with the colors chosen too :jawdrop:

Leonard had already replied...told him must give me very good price since we really over-shot the budget by a lot already. The price quoted is quite reasonable, but of course for us who are paying, it will never be low enough! But all things considered, it is a fair price and he also absorbed the cost for tearing down of the cornice.

On hindsight, I think I have to add in a fair word for him here. I just remembered today that the original design of that area is for a sliding door that goes behind the cornice structure. Had this been the case, the cornice would not have deep enough to be made into a storage cabinet. However, we have later changed the design to a swing door and consequently that left us with a much larger space to play with (that we have both overlooked unfortunately). So there is really nothing seriosuly wrong with his original design in the first place :rofl:

Hi guys

just got my keys today

went down with an ID to take a look and decided to engage him

He is quite a nice guy - Allan from Cissern.....soft spoken person and not the beng-ish type tat's why we went for him. Quite negotiable too. Anyone need his contact can pm me.

will be proceeding with renovation once cement screed done, hopefully can finish by the time i come back from honeymoon

Hi guys

just got my keys today

He is quite a nice guy - Allan from Cissern.....soft spoken person and not the beng-ish type tat's why we went for him. Quite negotiable too. Anyone need his contact can pm me.

will be proceeding with renovation once cement screed done, hopefully can finish by the time i come back from honeymoon

Hi Tweakmax

Congrats ! Me collecting keys tomorrow. Can I know how much he quote for retiling the bathroom ?

Tanks

Hi guys

just got my keys today

Hi Tweakmax, then how u find cisceern overall?? most likely i'm also using them... but my id is gina... did u overlay ur toilet?? total reno, how much they quote u??

hey ms white, i know u r overlaying ur toilets... r u also changing the toilet bowl??

coz i'll definitely changing my basin to those hotel kind with vanity top (most likely the basin will be white). then if i intend to overlay tiles, the col of the tiles r likely to be black col... the my toilet might look weird... can imagine?? black tiles, white basin and orange toilet bowl...

what's ur opinion??

mine is on the 1st of nov.... to give my loan application. :jawdrop:

Ok, the notice to hand in loan application quite short hor. That means I can go bug my officer in early Nov to ask when Blk B will get letter. :jawdrop:

Hi Tweakmax, then how u find cisceern overall?? most likely i'm also using them... but my id is gina... did u overlay ur toilet?? total reno, how much they quote u??

hey ms white, i know u r overlaying ur toilets... r u also changing the toilet bowl??

coz i'll definitely changing my basin to those hotel kind with vanity top (most likely the basin will be white). then if i intend to overlay tiles, the col of the tiles r likely to be black col... the my toilet might look weird... can imagine?? black tiles, white basin and orange toilet bowl...

what's ur opinion??

Ya, orange toilet bowl will look out of place. For me though I have not decide whether I will definately overlay toilet tiles, I can confirm will change toilet bowls to a white one. Any other colours somehow seems to make me feel that it's not sterile enough....

Actually reasonable toilet bowls are only about mid 100 plus, so it is not really that expensive to replace compared with the amount you spent on overlaying.

Ok, the notice to hand in loan application quite short hor. That means I can go bug my officer in early Nov to ask when Blk B will get letter. :jawdrop:

Ya, orange toilet bowl will look out of place. For me though I have not decide whether I will definately overlay toilet tiles, I can confirm will change toilet bowls to a white one. Any other colours somehow seems to make me feel that it's not sterile enough....

Actually reasonable toilet bowls are only about mid 100 plus, so it is not really that expensive to replace compared with the amount you spent on overlaying.

Hi I am also overlaying the MBR toilet and was quoted 1k+, is this the normal rate?

Also thought of using black tiles, making it like resort toilet.

:dribble::rolleyes::D:yamseng::good::notti::P

Imagine if your X'mas present is...your house KEY! :dunno::P:(

:P:good: mine too !!! :):yamseng:

cross my fingers to get my keys by dec. y.e.a.h.. :dribble::drunk: