Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Here's a picture of blk 79 taken this morning before the sumatra earthquake at 7.47am.

dsc00843pq8.th.jpg

Here's a picture of blk 79 taken after 8am (after the earthquake). It's still standing.

Whew ! :bangwall:

dsc00843pq8.th.jpg

Pss.. don't take it too seriously

Edited by alister

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Here's a picture of blk 79 taken this morning before the sumatra earthquake at 7.47am.

Here's a picture of blk 79 taken after 8am (after the earthquake). It's still standing.

Whew !

Pss.. don't take it too seriously

HAHAHA. I felt tremors in TPY yesterday and this thought did cross my mind. Btw, where did you take this picture from?

Hi all,

Anybody knows when we can get the keys to Blk 79D? Cos I will be gng overseas soon and dont wanna miss the key collection date :(

Been hunting for IDs and might be settling down on one soon. Will post up the quotation soon for comments :unsure:

Hi Ikoice

Such a co-incidence. I going overseas next week as well and I am from blk 79D.

As for ID, I also have someone in mind but I think I want to wait for key collection before signing as I'm afraid of some surprises when I collect the key. Once I sign, I might commit myself to something which I don't need, eg redoing the toilet wall tiles.

Previous photo taken from blk 28 Lor 6.

Hi all,

Anybody knows when we can get the keys to Blk 79D? Cos I will be gng overseas soon and dont wanna miss the key collection date :(

Been hunting for IDs and might be settling down on one soon. Will post up the quotation soon for comments :unsure:

Hi Ikoice

Such a co-incidence. I going overseas next week as well and I am from blk 79D.

As for ID, I also have someone in mind but I think I want to wait for key collection before signing as I'm afraid of some surprises when I collect the key. Once I sign, I might commit myself to something which I don't need, eg redoing the toilet wall tiles.

Previous photo taken from blk 28 Lor 6.

Hi Ikoice and Alister,

Good that you have sort of decided on the ID. We are still having headaches over the ID...

So when do you guys intend to start the renovation works?

:yamseng:

I will start early, once I get the keys. Need to move in before CNY next year.

Hopefully in time for CNY, housewarming and baby 1st month celebration.

Hi Ikoice and Alister,

Good that you have sort of decided on the ID. We are still having headaches over the ID...

So when do you guys intend to start the renovation works?

:yamseng:

Here's the updated photo taken at 9pm tonite. Survived 4 aftershocks since last nite. Kudos to HDB.

dsc00850lv3.th.jpg

Edited by alister

Yingsan,

Any change of status in your hdb page? mine still the same...

hi my status is still the same.. :sport-smiley-018:

anybody consider putting dining table into kitchen? We are considering it.. is it feasible?

yingsan,

we got consider putting dining table into kitchen but tik only 4 seaters can be put inside the kitchen...then the kitchen will be much smaller.....we might b changing our plan cos tik if we were to place the rice cooker, water boiler, warmer, electric kettle, microwave, etc...tink a smaller kitchen might not be able to hv enough space on the table top to put all these appliances... :sport-smiley-018:

I did consider the same as doremi. Gave out in the end. No space for those items doremi stated. I forsee in the end I will put on the table top if I take up the design.

hi everyone... been a week since I came in.... btw, some things happened b/n hdb and the haulage contractor and will like to share with you guys...

last evening, the contractor told us that for our blk 79c, the haulage and overhaul (as in provision of sand, cement and everything) is the following charges:

4 room: $900

5 room: $1100

if you apply for hdb screeding in your rooms(ie ur rooms will be laminated flooring/ parquet which is provided foc by hdb) then the charges will be as follows:

5 room: $800

4 room: (didn't ask as mine is 5 room)

having read from the forums such as Singapore brides and renotalk, I went to hdb this morning and according to the TOWN COUNCIL, HDB TRY-BISHAN BRANCH OFFICE and HDB itself (spoke to 3 senior officers should you need the names pls pm me), the prices should be as follows:

HAULAGE: $187.25

SAND: $220.50

TOTAL: $407.75

THe price that the contractor is charging us is way too much....I agree that they are also providing a service and should earn a bit but the difference is simply way too much... I'm not paying the amt of $$ till the contractor confirms with HDB again on monday... btw, this contractor I'm mentioning here is not my own renovation id/contractor.... this is the one that hdb has engaged to do for all the units in our blk.