Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angteko

Our Very First B&c Home

Hi Rasp

The concealing under the floor was proposed by the electrician. My ID was against it, I think becoz like wat u mentioned abt the guideline. Thats the part where I said in my earlier post that the electrician challenge my ID. Anyway, that portion was just for my MBR, so I'm closing 1 eye also. Hopefully, nothing went wrong after reno. The other part of the house, was originally all conceal. So I guess we just continue with the concealing idea, and I suppose it will look better than wiring casing all over.

The other reason y we do the floor concealing for MBR was becoz, the point happen to be at the wall where we hacked off. So if we dont make use of the point to do wiring, may have to tag on other point and run a long long way to our destinated point. This uncle ah keong seems so experience, so decided to go with his proposal. Crossing my fingers nothing went wrong. :yamseng:

Hi Angteko,

I think your ID had the same concerns because he'll be the affected one should the electrical face issue at a later stage as he will need to do those 'cover-up' / rectifications if need to dig up later. Hee.. any way, just make sure everything is in order once the electrical works are done and I suppose you won't be doing pub testing for your unit, right? :)

By the way, your choice of tiles are quite unique. Hee.. seldom see black kitchen wall tiles, red bathroom tiles and grey living floor tiles. Look forward to your end-results. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Angteko,

I think your ID had the same concerns because he'll be the affected one should the electrical face issue at a later stage as he will need to do those 'cover-up' / rectifications if need to dig up later. Hee.. any way, just make sure everything is in order once the electrical works are done and I suppose you won't be doing pub testing for your unit, right? :)

By the way, your choice of tiles are quite unique. Hee.. seldom see black kitchen wall tiles, red bathroom tiles and grey living floor tiles. Look forward to your end-results. :D

Hi Rasp

Yes, totally understand his concern. I think if need any rectifications, will just cover up the existing one, and tap from other source, instead of digging up. Thats my own thinking of coz. keke :D

Hopefully, everything goes well. Hmm, what is pub testing? How and who is suppose to do it?? :unsure:

I'm looking forward to end results as well, its a do or die thingy. At least spend $ and pple get to notice where my $ goes. keke :deal:

Day 10: Tiling 85% completed. Good work guys! :yeah:

Living Room floor and skirting done! :good:

p1040362.jpg

Toilet floor done, but unable to do drop down, do kerb instead. :bangwall:

p1040358q.jpg

Edited by Angteko

Day 12

Superb progress! Went up and was surprised that they are doing the Lbox! :good:

But so fast?? Electrical wiring havent totally completed, somemore my sound system wire havent run!! :jawdrop:

Discuss with ID abt the wiring issue and placement or speaker on top, then called Ah Keong, my electrician, asking if he can come and do up the rest.

Was told by ID that next monday TV console and shoe cabinet will be up already. So fast!! :bow:

Ah Keong was tied up by heavy schedule as well, but when I asked him nicely if he can come up and do the outstanding work, he manage to squeeze his own time to work on Sat. :good:

Lbox on the way

p1040369.jpg

Tiler touching up on kitchen tiles

p1040368t.jpg

Today went to Harvey Norman, as they have good promotion on the fridge we are looking at.

Fisher and paykel TRE521. Original price $1599, after discount $1249.

Which we thought was quite a good catch, as we compare with most of the retail store, so far this is the best deal.

So might as well grab it 1st.

At the same time, wanted to get sound system there. Onkyo HTS-3200. But happen to pass by Courts, and just check out the price.

The salesman in order to close the deal, match the price offer by Harvey $799 and throw in 25m monster audio cable + 1 HDMI cable.

Which we thought again was a good buy, so secure the deal. :sport-smiley-004:

Only pity the harvey salesman who intro me this set and demo a few for me. Sorry! :bow:

Was also at the IT show on the very 1st day, hoping to check out good offer for Philips TV.

But was disappointed at the hrly special, which offer $1399. Chey, thought could go down to $1100.

Check out Harvey and they are selling $1299. The only difference is without $100 philips voucher and HDMI cable. :fire:

Edited by Angteko

Today went to Harvey Norman, as they have good promotion on the fridge we are looking at.

Fisher and paykel TRE521. Original price $1599, after discount $1249.

Which we thought was quite a good catch, as we compare with most of the retail store, so far this is the best deal.

So might as well grab it 1st.

At the same price, wanted to get sound system there. Onkyo HTS-3200. But happen to pass by Courts, and just check out the price.

The salesman in order to close the deal, match the price offer by Harvey $799 and throw in 25m monster audio cable + 1 HDMI cable.

Which we thought again was a good buy, so secure the deal. :sport-smiley-004:

Only pity the harvey salesman who intro me this set and demo a few for me. Sorry! :bow:

Was also at the IT show on the very 1st day, hoping to check out good offer for Philips TV.

But was disappoint at the hrly special, which offer $1399. Chey, thought could go down to $1100.

Check out Harvey and they are selling $1299. The only difference is without $100 philips voucher and HDMI cable. :fire:

some good deals u got there! congrats! :good:

which model was offered at $1399? when i went, 5 ppl grabbed 42inch LCD for $999 leh from the audiohouse auction thingy...but i didnt catch what model it was...still, sounds like a steal if u ask me! :thumbs up:

which harvey u go to selling at $1299? is this for the 7409 model?

if not so keen to mash myself and wife thru the crowd at suntec again leh...haha :bleah:

some good deals u got there! congrats! :good:

which model was offered at $1399? when i went, 5 ppl grabbed 42inch LCD for $999 leh from the audiohouse auction thingy...but i didnt catch what model it was...still, sounds like a steal if u ask me! :thumbs up:

which harvey u go to selling at $1299? is this for the 7409 model?

if not so keen to mash myself and wife thru the crowd at suntec again leh...haha :bleah:

The model is 7409, which i aiming for. The $999 one was the 56XX series which does not have the 100hz thingy I think.

All harvey are offering at $1299 now, with free wall bracket and 3 yrs warrenty.

I was at courts just now and there is one model 78XX offering at $1199, with ambilight and 100hz. Didnt see this model b4, not sure how it compare against 7409. Have u heard of that model b4? :unsure:

The model is 7409, which i aiming for. The $999 one was the 56XX series which does not have the 100hz thingy I think.

All harvey are offering at $1299 now, with free wall bracket and 3 yrs warrenty.

I was at courts just now and there is one model 78XX offering at $1199, with ambilight and 100hz. Didnt see this model b4, not sure how it compare against 7409. Have u heard of that model b4? :unsure:

is it the 7832 model? i didnt see this anywhere else except at the philips booth at the IT show..

dun seem to have much info on the web for this either. i guess its an improved version of the 7409

since this came with ambilight... :unsure:

so have u gotten ur tv during the IT show? i almost splurged on the 52" 9704 but common sense got the better of me...hahaha :P

is it the 7832 model? i didnt see this anywhere else except at the philips booth at the IT show..

dun seem to have much info on the web for this either. i guess its an improved version of the 7409

since this came with ambilight... :unsure:

so have u gotten ur tv during the IT show? i almost splurged on the 52" 9704 but common sense got the better of me...hahaha :P

Yes yes 7832. I didnt notice this model in IT show leh, but instead at courts. If its the improved version, then 1199 is good buy leh.

But couldnt find any specs anywhere, except at courts which specs are limited.

Wah..i like the 9704 also, but budget out of reach, if you have the spare cash, y not? haha

But i believe bigger screem model usually drop price faster. If not rush, y not wait. :D

Yes yes 7832. I didnt notice this model in IT show leh, but instead at courts. If its the improved version, then 1199 is good buy leh.

But couldnt find any specs anywhere, except at courts which specs are limited.

Wah..i like the 9704 also, but budget out of reach, if you have the spare cash, y not? haha

But i believe bigger screem model usually drop price faster. If not rush, y not wait. :D

oh, courts got no brochure on the model to give u?

yup yup...with ambilight and 100hz as you say, for $1199 would be good deal.

hmm...i shd check out courts again then...wonder if they have 47 inch for this model?

haha...i always set a budget on how much im willing to spend on a particular item.

so if go for the 9704, my budget burst by twice lor... anyway, i can wait latest till end of May

for stocks to come in and price to slash further *fingers crossed*...hopefully just in time for World Cup also..haha.. :sport-smiley-004:

oh, courts got no brochure on the model to give u?

yup yup...with ambilight and 100hz as you say, for $1199 would be good deal.

hmm...i shd check out courts again then...wonder if they have 47 inch for this model?

haha...i always set a budget on how much im willing to spend on a particular item.

so if go for the 9704, my budget burst by twice lor... anyway, i can wait latest till end of May

for stocks to come in and price to slash further *fingers crossed*...hopefully just in time for World Cup also..haha.. :sport-smiley-004:

Nope, they didnt have any brochure. Very limited info. The overall look is very similar to 7409, but not sure if $1199 is for display set. keke :P

Talking abt world cup, i think channel 5 again will broadcast beginning and end?

Have u decided if u going to take up starhub or singtel? I was wondering which one more worth it then bundle with home telephone line and internet, then after 3 mths cancel the scv/mio. haha :sport-smiley-004:

The MBR tap looks exp, coz it came with a bag in the box. :jawdrop:

p1040387.jpg

Seriously, do they need to do good packaging for accesories? Coz most of the time, contractor will unpack and install and throw away the boxes?

p1040386w.jpg