Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angteko

Our Very First B&c Home

Cool......

ur amp, got enuff ventilation?....appears to be pretty box up...:). If it is those AVamp, pretty hot.

In my previous place, I did a vertical cabinet rack with similar pull out/slide in side door. Generate quite a lot of heat inside if equipment are left on standby mode and door close. So at the end of day, I open it up once I got home.

yah..i also scare abt the ventilation thingy, coz the size seems to just nice fit my amp in.

I not sure abt what is AVamp. Think u know alot abt sound system right? U know is my amp model a AVamp??

So did your amp break down easily due to the heat?? Maybe can put in a mini fan like the PC desktop. keke ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
KNS, how come I went to few aircon shop to ask and they say no trade in?? But they will help to dismantle and throw. :bangwall:

Anyway, my existing aircon and compressor without knowing, was already being thrown by the hacking team. Want to trade in also cannot already. haha

Are u getting another sys 3 for your room + a single split for living?? $1399 seems like a good price wor. :good:

Thought of splitting to 2 compressor also, but seems like more exp choice for me as I left with only 2 room, unless MBR put 2 9K BTU unit.

hmm..your cat ah...still very dangerous over my ants laminate, need to do double chain over him and polish his nails 1st, if not I rather use pesticide loh. :bleah:

maybe becoz u didnt go to Natural Cool mah...:bleah:

Anyways, its only a 1 month trade-in promo leh so maybe u bought earlier right?

wah...so onz ah? throw before u say anything?? but too late liao, u already bought and install,

no need say liao... :D

bro, u forgot im here to do my part to save environment ah??

i only buy single split inverter nia... :thumbs up:

other rooms will be using fans laa.... Ur MBR how big? i rmbrd reading some where, rgding certain floor area requires how much BTU to sufficiently distribute the coolness... :good:

Wah...now u wna double chain my cat?!? :bangwall: *bangtable* *bangdoor* *bangbang* 8|

*mental note to self: import 1 jar of African kacua plus 1 more jar of Amazonian double headed kacua as housewarming gift for Angteko and wife...* Yesh!!! :notti::dancingqueen::notti:

yah..i also scare abt the ventilation thingy, coz the size seems to just nice fit my amp in.

I not sure abt what is AVamp. Think u know alot abt sound system right? U know is my amp model a AVamp??

So did your amp break down easily due to the heat?? Maybe can put in a mini fan like the PC desktop. keke ;)

*edited: my bad, just saw that ur Onkyo is a HTS... :P

ask ur carpenter enlarge that space... or make some lobangs at the back..

anyway u need it also to put thru the cables, tio?

this type of heat emitting devices best to have ample ventilation for longetivity wor... :yamseng:

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

lol..not a lot...;)...just some knowledge due to being a user....

U bought the Onkyo HT-S3200, ya the amp is considered a AV amp. The audio output is 110W/120W. so I guess it would be hot when operational. Also, the weight is about 9 or 10kg. So if u were to support it mid-air per se, it might be heavy. That is when u need access to the amp by doing all the connections....:)

u have xbox360 right?, if u use component connection. If u use the Microsoft supplied cable, the connectors is quite long. So make sure u have enuff depth when the cable gets connected to the amp. HDMI should be ok, but some HDMI cables quite stiff too....Bascially, the depth of the cabinet should be the sum of the equipment depth, connector depth and cable bend...:)

The last time I did the reno then I go buy the system. For my MBR is ok (this is where I use the vertical cabinet) as i use a low form factor digital AV amp. But for my living room, though I had Yamaha AV, and i faced both heat and depth issue....lol...a bit troublesome especially when u need to do more connections later on.....:)

Anyway, although technically poor ventilation shorten the lifespan, it does not necessary imply ur equipment will failed during ur usage lifespan as most ppl will upgrade, change, move house etc...:). Excessive heat also may cause laminates issue if I am not wrong.

I think as long as u leave the doors open when using, i think should be ok, Dats y sometimes u see ppl open ventilation slots, so that when air can get circulation...:)

Just to share the experience.Thus for my reno this time round, I ask the ID to make sure my receivers is not box up. makes life easier....:)

btw..ur speakers..they going to be mounted onto the feature wall?...

Edited by wcseow

maybe becoz u didnt go to Natural Cool mah...:bleah:

Anyways, its only a 1 month trade-in promo leh so maybe u bought earlier right?

wah...so onz ah? throw before u say anything?? but too late liao, u already bought and install,

no need say liao... :D

bro, u forgot im here to do my part to save environment ah??

i only buy single split inverter nia... :thumbs up:

other rooms will be using fans laa.... Ur MBR how big? i rmbrd reading some where, rgding certain floor area requires how much BTU to sufficiently distribute the coolness... :good:

Wah...now u wna double chain my cat?!? :bangwall: *bangtable* *bangdoor* *bangbang* 8|

*mental note to self: import 1 jar of African kacua plus 1 more jar of Amazonian double headed kacua as housewarming gift for Angteko and wife...* Yesh!!! :notti::dancingqueen::notti:

Eh..u are so right. I really didnt go to Natural Cool. haha

I ended up with Allbest where I heard alot of complain. No choice, they offered lowest price for the model we want.

So we go for the cheapo decision and crossing our fingers. keke

Hmm..if u want to save environment, then use plants all ard instead of a/c mah..haha

I not sure how big my MBR wor, coz combine 2 rm mah, but the 12k currently like not strong enough with some places not covered up yet.

Hopefully with everything covered up, plus furniture, it will be cool enough.

eh..u sure got such kacua or not?? Your foreign import is now becoming parrallel import liao. haha

*edited: my bad, just saw that ur Onkyo is a HTS... :P

ask ur carpenter enlarge that space... or make some lobangs at the back..

anyway u need it also to put thru the cables, tio?

this type of heat emitting devices best to have ample ventilation for longetivity wor... :yamseng:

The console cannot be enlarge already loh, fixed liao.

Lobang at the back will work? coz the back is just limited spacing between the console and wall

The cables are already thru and hanging inside already.

Whats the estimated lifespan with my current placement? Got 5 yrs mah?? :D

:P

lol..not a lot...;)...just some knowledge due to being a user....

U bought the Onkyo HT-S3200, ya the amp is considered a AV amp. The audio output is 110W/120W. so I guess it would be hot when operational. Also, the weight is about 9 or 10kg. So if u were to support it mid-air per se, it might be heavy. That is when u need access to the amp by doing all the connections....:)

u have xbox360 right?, if u use component connection. If u use the Microsoft supplied cable, the connectors is quite long. So make sure u have enuff depth when the cable gets connected to the amp. HDMI should be ok, but some HDMI cables quite stiff too....Bascially, the depth of the cabinet should be the sum of the equipment depth, connector depth and cable bend...:)

The last time I did the reno then I go buy the system. For my MBR is ok (this is where I use the vertical cabinet) as i use a low form factor digital AV amp. But for my living room, though I had Yamaha AV, and i faced both heat and depth issue....lol...a bit troublesome especially when u need to do more connections later on.....:)

Anyway, although technically poor ventilation shorten the lifespan, it does not necessary imply ur equipment will failed during ur usage lifespan as most ppl will upgrade, change, move house etc...:). Excessive heat also may cause laminates issue if I am not wrong.

I think as long as u leave the doors open when using, i think should be ok, Dats y sometimes u see ppl open ventilation slots, so that when air can get circulation...:)

Just to share the experience.Thus for my reno this time round, I ask the ID to make sure my receivers is not box up. makes life easier....:)

btw..ur speakers..they going to be mounted onto the feature wall?...

U mean my console may not be able to take the weight of the amp???

They have the necessary holes and spaces required for the wires cut already, cabling shouldnt be a prob.

Havent really tried though. Length ok, depth havent measure, coz ID say depth should be standard, so he uses the most standard measurement.

Initially just thought of getting soundbar, but was convinced by the salesman to get a 5.1 instead, so didnt think of the rest of the issue. haha

Hopefully its ok.

What is your yamaha lifespan?? I guess got to open door, on aircon, on fan?? keke

Hmm..if laminate got issue, just ask ID to come back redo. haha

I'm confident abt their after sales service. keke

I wanted to mount the 4 speakers to each corner of the top wall. Is it ok??

I'm looking for bracket or some holder or hook for the back 2 speakers, any recommendation? cheap cheap one will do.

Machiam the war of the kacuas!!! :bow::bow:

ur theme is barcelona manhattan tio?

from my understanding it should be along the lines of sleek, masculine, modern and spacious right?

if that is so, i'd vote for dining light 2.......but in rectangular shape...haha :sport-smiley-004:

1st one kinda grandeur more for classical or older themes fused with mordernity...2nd one the round light also nice la...ask ur ID to do sample 3Ds of both lights at the dining table lor...easier for you to visualise and make him work for his money...Lol

just my 2 cents yah :D

i had the same thoughts when i saw the photos! Just that when i saw the 1st photo, the lights seems more yellowish then the 2nd one. Feel that white lighting will go along better with your theme.

QUOTE (wcseow @ Mar 18 2010, 01:09 AM)

Me and my family are all avid gamers...lol..in fact I have 2 PS3 and 4 xbox...lol....Anyway,most of my consoles are on wireless. My girls play online games often too and they are on wireless. Bo pian, I then subscribe to 2 Starhub Internet access plans

Wah seh... wcseow you have 6 tvs at home??? faint... i just play WoW on my pc, my wife and mum already unhappy liao... u're so blessed :P

i had the same thoughts when i saw the photos! Just that when i saw the 1st photo, the lights seems more yellowish then the 2nd one. Feel that white lighting will go along better with your theme.

Yup, in the end went for 2nd one, but out of stock. Got to wait for 3wks for next shipment. :bangwall:

In fact, the bulb i think is using halogen? Which can choose either white or warm, and comes with controller, which u can select either on the inner layer bulb, outer layer bulb or all. After playing with the controller, simply love it! :yamseng:

Me and my family are all avid gamers...lol..in fact I have 2 PS3 and 4 xbox...lol....Anyway,most of my consoles are on wireless. My girls play online games often too and they are on wireless. Bo pian, I then subscribe to 2 Starhub Internet access plans

Wah seh... wcseow you have 6 tvs at home??? faint... i just play WoW on my pc, my wife and mum already unhappy liao... u're so blessed :P

wah..sg more and more gaming family.

U should get Wii for your wife and mum..then they wont disturb u. wahaha :D

lol.......but I sold the place liao, now living in a rental condo, cant wait for my unit to be ready and back to gaming...lol

I got my mum support because she used to play games on my dreamcast....but now her eyesight not so good, so she play on iTouch....:)

:P

U mean my console may not be able to take the weight of the amp???

They have the necessary holes and spaces required for the wires cut already, cabling shouldnt be a prob.

Havent really tried though. Length ok, depth havent measure, coz ID say depth should be standard, so he uses the most standard measurement.

Initially just thought of getting soundbar, but was convinced by the salesman to get a 5.1 instead, so didnt think of the rest of the issue. haha

Hopefully its ok.

What is your yamaha lifespan?? I guess got to open door, on aircon, on fan?? keke

Hmm..if laminate got issue, just ask ID to come back redo. haha

I'm confident abt their after sales service. keke

I wanted to mount the 4 speakers to each corner of the top wall. Is it ok??

I'm looking for bracket or some holder or hook for the back 2 speakers, any recommendation? cheap cheap one will do.

1. U will have shelvings right?. should be ok. What I meant is that since there is not enuff space when u put in the AV receiver, u will not be able to connect the audio/video/speaker cable as u cannot reach the back right?....so it mean u have to hold the AV receiver , find something to put in onto, connect the cables and then put into the cabinet. Quite tough. Lol Lol...I hope I explain it right....

2. The depth according to manual is 328mm (13'). If u use component cable, u will probably need around 1.5 to 2 in for the connectors and cable turn. So the depth will be around 15'. Longer if u used HDMI cable cause they are not that flexible to turn.. I think it is going to be a tight fit. Maybe good to do a quick measurement, just remember to give allowance for cable connectors and turns...:). I notice there are power cables being laid into your console area, so the location of the power socket is important too as power plug also take up space....

3. My Yamaha was 3 years old now, it goes with the house when I sold it. Still working.....I always open the door....lol

4. Normally. the front speakers and centre speakers should be at ear level when u sit and enjoy the movie. So it is not advisable to mount the front at the top corner of the wall. The centre speaker should be place below the TV. The rear speakers can be mounted on the top wall, though ppl also put it at ear level just behind where u will be sitting. U can get the manual at http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/manual...00_manual_e.pdf. There is a page where it show a typical speaker placement. it is on the Enjoying Home Theatre section. Hope it helps

5. I have not see the physical unit of the speakers. Some speakers come pre-drilled holes to support different kinds of bracket. So it is advisable to take the speaker or photos of it when u go shopping. The last time I hunt for brackets, I went to those DIY shops and manage to get it. But for the bigger sets, i ask my AV supplier to do. Easier...:)

Oh dear...hope u did not fall asleep reading this long post.........