Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angteko

Our Very First B&c Home

Day 22

Aircon installation day

Suppose to place it under the false ceiling, but due to some water level thingy, aircon man advised us to place the top level.

Now its blocking my crystal dining light against the mirror. :bangwall:

p1040514.jpg

18k BTU, wonder if it can cool my living. :unsure:

Yo...u didnt ask ur ID to cut a hole in the ceiling for the aircon? see whether feasible anot?

Like weird leh if aircon directly in front of ur dining lights...:unsure:...some more crystal lights...will turn to icicles anot if too cold? :P

18k btu was also what was recommended by most aircon ppl after i showed them my floorplan..

i wanted to max it to 24k but after comparing specs in depth i.e 18k gives out 17k btu whilst 24k gives out 20k btu...like very negligible lor so took the 18k btu... :good:

Close up on the laminate for those who are interested. Like ants crawling everywhere or some curse chanted on it.

*mental note to self* remind forummers to bring pesticide if anyone visiting angteko's unit... :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello! gd progress at your place i must say! and i love ur laminates! i have the love letter in white on my study cabinets.. hehee..

P1050565.jpg

Hihi, nice!! :good: Gone thru your blog last time but didnt realise u use love letter laminate as well. haha :P

So I cant claimed I'm the 1st to use already, but I'm probably 1st to use black one? keke :D

Was thinking of using white one that time too, but ID said the wording will not be distinct enough, so we bravely took the black one.

U got a bigger pic of your overall cabinet??

Yo...u didnt ask ur ID to cut a hole in the ceiling for the aircon? see whether feasible anot?

Like weird leh if aircon directly in front of ur dining lights...:unsure:...some more crystal lights...will turn to icicles anot if too cold? :P

18k btu was also what was recommended by most aircon ppl after i showed them my floorplan..

i wanted to max it to 24k but after comparing specs in depth i.e 18k gives out 17k btu whilst 24k gives out 20k btu...like very negligible lor so took the 18k btu... :good:

*mental note to self* remind forummers to bring pesticide if anyone visiting angteko's unit... :P

We thought of that too, but ID said it will not look good, and hiding half the aircon inside wasnt good for future maintenance, so had to drop that idea.

Another method is to had the aircon trunking run along the walkway to living, which is very ugly, so in the end choose to sacrifice loh.

This is one of the miscalculation from ID too, and our living area are really limited esp if we want to avoid those trunking from showing up.

Hopefully the lightings can still do it, and I still have another piece of mirror right opposite, so might not be that bad.

As for crystal turning to ice, ID suggest to adjust the aircon flip to blow at lower level instead of blowing up. :bangwall:

Good info there El nino!! I didnt know abt that aircon specs thingy. Is it same across all brands of aircon??

So which aircon did u get? And what kind of combination?

Yeah...got free pesticide per visitors. :dancingqueen:

We need those pesticide, coz both of us are scared of cockroaches. Wahahah :help:

lol..really looks like ants! gives me goosebumps looking at it.. :P

Orh yah, I wont welcome El nino's cat, if not he thought it is ants and keep scratching it. keke :notti:

Edited by Angteko

Orh yah, btw, my ID came back and said that the black solid top for kitchen are hard to maintain. The stain mark will be very obvious by hot object.

Thought I told him last time already? :bangwall:

So he suggest we changed to white or something close to white, and I let him decide. keke ;)

Without the black solid top, the white cabinet wont look so outstanding anymore.

Let's see what he can come out with. :unsure:

Hi

Progressing well....good.....

1. If change kitchen top to white, wah everything white....IMHO cannot...:) consider grey?..if got such color available....I once did my MBR bathroom all white tiles, shiny white....think good good, then done, jia lat..like walk into a room full of lights....lol

2. Your "love letter" is looking good, :)

3. Lol..air con near light...then better do not turn air con on auto, may sense wrong room temp....possible?

4. The TV feature wall, I think i saw two sets of cabinet door at the side, what is meant to be store there?..ur device or DVDs...:)

Hey Angteko

Met up with Leslie and Jeremy on Monday, first impression still quite good. Finally get to c and touch your console :P

He mentioned about your flat when I started asking about electrical and I told him I know. He was SHOCKED. I told him he famous in forum...hahah! He wants to recommend Ah Keong to me, seems like Ah Keong left a good impression with him too! Am waiting for his revised quote though... 8|

nice place ang, they(clc) really works fast ya. will you be having a house warming? maybe we can drop by to have a look at the real thing.

sam i remember you lol u were asking me for contact of clc right? so after so long then u manage to meet up with them?

ang so when will your place be handover to you? didnt seem much of your kitchen can post some pics on that??

Good info there El nino!! I didnt know abt that aircon specs thingy. Is it same across all brands of aircon??

So which aircon did u get? And what kind of combination?

Yeah...got free pesticide per visitors. :dancingqueen:

We need those pesticide, coz both of us are scared of cockroaches. Wahahah :help:

k lah...u raised some relevant points to abt the aircon within the false ceiling and trunking spoiling the aesthetics...wonder when will somone come up with infrared tech for aircon from compressor to fancoil??

Not really sure if its the same across all brands...but i did my research on the few brands i was interested in...and whilst doing so found out that the actual BTU emitted is lesser than stated in retail..

think they round up bah to make it look good tho its like cheating lor for 20k BTU they retailed it as 24k... :dunno:

anyways, i got myself a single split inverter from Panasonic CSS18JKZ for $1399 (after upgrade insulation and bracket abt $1.6k) after trade in from Natural Cool... :thumbs up:

GC and Hong Tar quoted me almost 2k for the 24k BTU...so since BTU diff seemed minimal to me, i saved $400 and went for Natural Cool..also managed to get rid of the old dodgy aircons without having to pay for removal! so, yay! :D

Orh yah, I wont welcome El nino's cat, if not he thought it is ants and keep scratching it. keke

woit!!! my cat is mentioned here...he not very happy that u dun wna welcome him over... *hiss*hiss*spat*spat* @ Angteko... 8| Lol..

on the contrary u shd welcome him more leh...he is a good kacua and lizard hunter ok... :good:

1. If change kitchen top to white, wah everything white....IMHO cannot...:) consider grey?..if got such color available....I once did my MBR bathroom all white tiles, shiny white....think good good, then done, jia lat..like walk into a room full of lights....lol

Wah! this is good! like walking into heaven mah... :notti:

3. Lol..air con near light...then better do not turn air con on auto, may sense wrong room temp....possible?

This is true but should not affect much unless he is using halogen bulbs i guess.

Maybe the feature on the aircon can be turned off if he using the lights? :dunno:

Orh yah, btw, my ID came back and said that the black solid top for kitchen are hard to maintain. The stain mark will be very obvious by hot object.

Thought I told him last time already?

So he suggest we changed to white or something close to white, and I let him decide. keke

Without the black solid top, the white cabinet wont look so outstanding anymore.

Let's see what he can come out with.

Dude, if using solid top, go for light colours. If using granite top, go for dark colours.

Anyways, its not like we will put hot pots and pans directly on the top right? U not considering granite top if u want black to go with ur white cabinets? :unsure:

nice place ang, they(clc) really works fast ya. will you be having a house warming? maybe we can drop by to have a look at the real thing.

sam i remember you lol u were asking me for contact of clc right? so after so long then u manage to meet up with them?

ang so when will your place be handover to you? didnt seem much of your kitchen can post some pics on that??

hi lucia

ya, i did. thanks for your reviews which prompted me to contact him. had a little prob when he din received my email and so din arrange to meet until recently. but fine with me lah cos key collection is not so soon.

k lah...u raised some relevant points to abt the aircon within the false ceiling and trunking spoiling the aesthetics...wonder when will somone come up with infrared tech for aircon from compressor to fancoil??

Not really sure if its the same across all brands...but i did my research on the few brands i was interested in...and whilst doing so found out that the actual BTU emitted is lesser than stated in retail..

think they round up bah to make it look good tho its like cheating lor for 20k BTU they retailed it as 24k... :dunno:

anyways, i got myself a single split inverter from Panasonic CSS18JKZ for $1399 (after upgrade insulation and bracket abt $1.6k) after trade in from Natural Cool... :thumbs up:

GC and Hong Tar quoted me almost 2k for the 24k BTU...so since BTU diff seemed minimal to me, i saved $400 and went for Natural Cool..also managed to get rid of the old dodgy aircons without having to pay for removal! so, yay! :D

wah, new info!! then I can ge N.Cool to dismantle and trade in the old aircon in my resale unit. YIPEE!

woit!!! my cat is mentioned here...he not very happy that u dun wna welcome him over... *hiss*hiss*spat*spat* @ Angteko... 8| Lol..

on the contrary u shd welcome him more leh...he is a good kacua and lizard hunter ok... :good:

aiyo angteko, told u cannot offend El's cat. u dunno how to write "die" ah? :P

wah, new info!! then I can ge N.Cool to dismantle and trade in the old aircon in my resale unit. YIPEE!

aiyo angteko, told u cannot offend El's cat. u dunno how to write "die" ah? :P

Do it quick yah...coz the promo is till end of March only wor... ;)

and i think only certain aircons is up for the trade in...but u can trade in any type and number la and get a trade in price with up to $800 off... mine was only $200 tho...but no big deal la so long can get rid of the seller's aircons... :D

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

Do it quick yah...coz the promo is till end of March only wor... ;)

and i think only certain aircons is up for the trade in...but u can trade in any type and number

la and get a trade in price with almost $800 off... mine was only $200 tho...but no big deal la so long can get rid of the seller's aircons... :D

huh? not ongoing ah??sianz cos i haven't got the keys. dun even know what type of aircon is it that current house is having.

nvm, me company just next block to n.cool. will drop by often to c if got good offers. :D