Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angteko

Our Very First B&c Home

3 to 4 users u can still live on wireless connectivity. does ur flat have many walls?

if some areas u find connections not so good, just add access points in that room.

then ur setup very easy lor...dun need to think deep deep one...haha...plug and play ler... :)

pls look only at wireless-N router for your setup although i feel for 2 users, u dun need a dual channel router.

the way technology is, once u have 3-4 users its probably time to upgrade! :D

for desktop its best to connect via ethernet, cat 5e can do for you. actually with the new opennet fibre optic connection promising 1000mbps is quite useless for now coz i dun think our ISPs provide connectivity speeds of 100mbps and above tio?

xbox if im not wrong dun come with wifi right? u gotta buy the adapter right? never used xbox before but my friend had mentioned this coz its a microsoft product so essentially means suck $ form users...hahaha :P

wah El nino, too technical liao loh. What is dual channel router?? I always use their provided wireless router modem. I think that should suffice.

Yes, u are right, best to use ethernet connection. Think xbox using ethernet also, no wifi. The high speed connection cable is prepare for future usage mah. haha

Eh..xbox how to suck $?? My xbox going rusty soon. Havent been using it. Hopefully with a bigger TV, my gaming sense will be back. haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day 17

My specially design 2 in 1 TV feature wall + Console is up! Looks abit small (should have gone for the 10ft instead of 8ft :bangwall: ) and odd though with the uncompleted work. Hopefully it will look good when wall paper is up. I was also amused by the small character on the laminate. Think I mention before that it was called "Love Letter", but didnt expect it to look so small like ants crawling. Maybe it was in the dark, so it looks particularly small. :dancingqueen:

p1040494s.jpg

Rolling mechnisiam for my console door.

p1040499.jpg

Edited by Angteko

My shoe cabinet. Look tall and thin from photo. Abit weird. keke

p1040496f.jpg

My half done storeroom feature wall.

p1040498.jpg

Ariston water heater is upz! :sport-smiley-018:

p1040497.jpg

Edited by Angteko

Just to bring a quote I made in CLC post with regards to how fast and efficient CLC did my house! :good:

"They work so fast until my toilet bowl in common toilet are supposed to be up 1st so that the workers can use, but till now, none of my toilet accessories are up. wahaha

That is good for me too, coz it will be a brand new wc when handed over. keke"

Hi, IMHO

1. Ur question on starhub. For starhub, the TV setup box and cable modem (internet) can be connected to different points in two different rooms. As long as there is splitter at the main access point, where Starhub bring in the cable.

2. Me and my family are all avid gamers...lol..in fact I have 2 PS3 and 4 xbox...lol....Anyway,most of my consoles are on wireless. My girls play online games often too and they are on wireless. Frankly, for both places that I have stayed, no performance issues. Though I must caution that if ppl are streaming Korean dramas etc, it does affect. Bo pian, I then subscribe to 2 Starhub Internet access plans.

3. Unfortunately, the way Singtel and Starhub distribute their networks, the customer experience varies from location to location. I use Starhub because their method of providing the access points is the most flexible...:)

4. Ya, xbox need a wireless adaptor for wireless connection, unlike PS3 which comes in-build.

Your "love letter" is very very nice......hope it gets completed soon so that we can see the "splendour in its entirety"

Hi, IMHO

1. Ur question on starhub. For starhub, the TV setup box and cable modem (internet) can be connected to different points in two different rooms. As long as there is splitter at the main access point, where Starhub bring in the cable.

2. Me and my family are all avid gamers...lol..in fact I have 2 PS3 and 4 xbox...lol....Anyway,most of my consoles are on wireless. My girls play online games often too and they are on wireless. Frankly, for both places that I have stayed, no performance issues. Though I must caution that if ppl are streaming Korean dramas etc, it does affect. Bo pian, I then subscribe to 2 Starhub Internet access plans.

3. Unfortunately, the way Singtel and Starhub distribute their networks, the customer experience varies from location to location. I use Starhub because their method of providing the access points is the most flexible...:)

4. Ya, xbox need a wireless adaptor for wireless connection, unlike PS3 which comes in-build.

Your "love letter" is very very nice......hope it gets completed soon so that we can see the "splendour in its entirety"

Wow, thanks for your great input. Your family really very fierce gamers!! I have never seen a family with 2 PS3 and 4 xbox!! Too bad my wife is not a gamer, if not I also want to built a gaming family. wahah :sport-smiley-004:

Ok, back to starhub. keke :P

For (1), do u need to pay extra when using 2 different point?

For (2), since they are shared bandwidth, is there a difference in performance when u sub 2 internet access plans??

I just get to know from my colleague that u need to pay extra rental of $4+ for digital box, $8+ for hubstation, and $12+ for a HD box?? This could work out quite a sum wor. :deal:

My "love letter" laminate wasnt quite the same as my expectation from 3D. haha It look like the laminate are pure black from far. I need to take another look during day time to confirm this. Anyway, I think this will reduce my worries abt messiness of the laminate against the wall paper later on. :yamseng:

An update on my not "smooth" items during my reno so far

Out of stock/Not enough stock issue

1) Living to Bdrm Floor tiles: Not enough stock the wk before hacking start. Stock not enough to cover bedroom. Was being offered free upgrade to carpet suggested by ID for hotel feel. But due to worry in maintenance and temperature issue, decided to drop and go for a lighter tone tiles. :furious:

2) Kitchen wall tiles: Not enough stock to cover whole kitchen, only enough for a bathroom. So no choice, only use it for MBR, and change to another design for kitchen and common toilet.

3) Hood & Hob: No stock due to shipment cockup. 8| Last min inform us that our Turbo hob does not have black color. Only have sandblast or something like grey left. :bangwall: No choice, was forced to change to a bigger Hood & Hob by Rinnai topping up just $50. In a way, we kio tio abit coz the price difference is $98.

The black & mirror glass do looks nice, only thing is bigger in size. My wife think it look not so sleek and cute for bigger cooker. Hopefully, it was like what the salesman says, it is more suitable for asian cooking due to the way the fire put up. :bow:

4) Dining Light: Finally decided on our dining light, and was told that it was the last piece in the shop. :curse: Need a few days for transportation if want a new piece from the other branch. After some thoughts, we decided to get the display set as we want to save the hassle of travelling down again (JB). During packing, they discovered that the lighting cover had a small crack! :bangwall: So suggest us to wait for the new piece from their branch and collect next time. As we like the design alot, and cant find a suitable replacement, we decided to wait. 3 days later, they called up and said that they made a mistake, the one send over was a smaller version, and the bigger one no stock already, got to wait for the next shipment which takes 2 wks+!!! 8|

No choice, got think of whether if we want to take the spoilt one 1st then replaced it with new one when it come or wait for the new one! :(

Wondering why we keep bumping into no stock issue!!

Items bought more exp

1) Bathroom accessories: The *** issue. Not going to repeat my story. Anyway, they have indeed very good service which I must commend, even after my ID went down to shout at them and they agreed to refund GST + some of my cancel items. I have actually cancelled some items as I feel I can get it cheaper for the exact things. The rest a pretty good and dont mind paying a little bit more. In fact, when I went there 2nd time, found that alot of their stuff are actually quite nice, which we didnt get to see else where. However, their prices are jacked up compared to outside. Would only recommend, if you have extra $ to pay for their service.

Edited by Angteko

wah El nino, too technical liao loh. What is dual channel router?? I always use their provided wireless router modem. I think that should suffice.

Yes, u are right, best to use ethernet connection. Think xbox using ethernet also, no wifi. The high speed connection cable is prepare for future usage mah. haha

Eh..xbox how to suck $?? My xbox going rusty soon. Havent been using it. Hopefully with a bigger TV, my gaming sense will be back. haha

dual channel or dual band routers means ur wireless connections are radio band selectable to avoid interference in your area, and the built-in Gigabit ports supply high-speed connections to your wired devices. Dual Wireless-N radio bands let u choose the one with the least interference in your area. Either channel delivers high performance for smooth streaming video, high frame-rate gaming, fast data transfers, and heavy Internet use from multiple users-- all with great range and reduced dead spots. but like i said 3-4 users more suitable for this if all are heavy users. if just u and wife then the provided wireless route modem will suffice if u both are not fussy users yah. :good:

not the xbox suck $ la...*whispers* Microsoft... :o

Me and my family are all avid gamers...lol..in fact I have 2 PS3 and 4 xbox...lol....Anyway,most of my consoles are on wireless. My girls play online games often too and they are on wireless. Bo pian, I then subscribe to 2 Starhub Internet access plans.

wah seh...si bei fierce leh u and ur family...6 consoles and 2 internet accounts hor!!! :jawdrop::bow:

one console per person???

My "love letter" laminate wasnt quite the same as my expectation from 3D. haha It look like the laminate are pure black from far. I need to take another look during day time to confirm this. Anyway, I think this will reduce my worries abt messiness of the laminate against the wall paper later on. :yamseng:

dun worry, the love letter laminate shd turn out nice although maybe not suited to be on the tv console coz could be distractive? that said, since its not so visible unless u squint then its ok bah...

im thinking of getting this laminate for my study room cabinet too... :good:

not bad leh...ur reno progress seemed rather fast! how long has it been and how many % done?

got some of ur stuff from JB eh? no warranty or defects issues? :unsure:

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

dual channel or dual band routers means ur wireless connections are radio band selectable to avoid interference in your area, and the built-in Gigabit ports supply high-speed connections to your wired devices. Dual Wireless-N radio bands let u choose the one with the least interference in your area. Either channel delivers high performance for smooth streaming video, high frame-rate gaming, fast data transfers, and heavy Internet use from multiple users-- all with great range and reduced dead spots. but like i said 3-4 users more suitable for this if all are heavy users. if just u and wife then the provided wireless route modem will suffice if u both are not fussy users yah. :good:

not the xbox suck $ la...*whispers* Microsoft... :o

wah seh...si bei fierce leh u and ur family...6 consoles and 2 internet accounts hor!!! :jawdrop::bow:

one console per person???

Thanks for the explanation! :good:

Dont think I need to go until that stage yet. keke

U all are either fierce internet users or fierce gamers!

Wrt to the fibre optic thingy, I think my new house have not been installed with it wor. Not sure if it will affect my reno when they come to install in future. :unsure:

dun worry, the love letter laminate shd turn out nice although maybe not suited to be on the tv console coz could be distractive? that said, since its not so visible unless u squint then its ok bah...

im thinking of getting this laminate for my study room cabinet too... :good:

not bad leh...ur reno progress seemed rather fast! how long has it been and how many % done?

got some of ur stuff from JB eh? no warranty or defects issues? :unsure:

Wah..thanks thanks. Didnt know still got supporters for my laminate. I think I am the more outdated one. haha

I did raised the distractive issue too, but ID assured me it will not and will look nice. And I think he is probably right, as the scribbling is kinda of small.

This is the 3rd wk of reno, and I think 60-70% done bah.

Items coming up are,

1) Carpentry (tv, shoe, storeroom, kitchen, wardrobe, vanity)

2) Mirror (living, toilet)

3) Glass/Glass door/Shower screen (kitchen, bathroom)

4) Aircon

5) Painting

6) Lights/Fans/Socket installation

7) Acid wash?

That should be abt it. Estimated time is at most another 3wks.

Yup, got my lightings, fans and furniture from JB. (save at least 50-60%, better/same quality also)

Eg

Kitchen light - I got it RM82 with 2 GE light bulb. Here selling SGD65-70 with normal light bulb

Downlight - I got it at RM21 with GE light bulb. Here selling SGD20-40 with normal/osrum light bulb

Fans - I got it at RM220 each. Here at least SGD200-300 each

Sofa - I got it at RM2700. Here at least SGD2k with that size.

Warranty covered in malaysia. Just bring back if anything happens. Hopefully nothing happen. :P

Edited by Angteko

Wrt to the fibre optic thingy, I think my new house have not been installed with it wor. Not sure if it will affect my reno when they come to install in future. :unsure:

u just have an idea where u intend to place the termination box from opennet...ideally that spot is not concealed.

i cant decide myself to have the box at my hall beside the tv or in my study room.... :dunno:

Wah..thanks thanks. Didnt know still got supporters for my laminate. I think I am the more outdated one. haha

I did raised the distractive issue too, but ID assured me it will not and will look nice. And I think he is probably right, as the scribbling is kinda of small.

This is the 3rd wk of reno, and I think 60-70% done bah.

Items coming up are,

That should be abt it. Estimated time is at most another 3wks.

Yup, got my lightings, fans and furniture from JB. (save at least 50-60%, better/same quality also)

Warranty covered in malaysia. Just bring back if anything happens. Hopefully nothing happen.

i agree...u are outdated. hahaha...just joking! :bleah:

3rd week with almost 70% done is good speed! looks like u can move in by May! :good:

good on you for being resourceful and taking the effort to travel to m'sia to buy fittings and furnishings! :thumbs up:

too bad my wife and i not keen on going into m'sia...im looking forward to see ur final pictures already! hahaha

u just have an idea where u intend to place the termination box from opennet...ideally that spot is not concealed.

i cant decide myself to have the box at my hall beside the tv or in my study room.... :dunno:

i agree...u are outdated. hahaha...just joking! :bleah:

3rd week with almost 70% done is good speed! looks like u can move in by May! :good:

good on you for being resourceful and taking the effort to travel to m'sia to buy fittings and furnishings! :thumbs up:

too bad my wife and i not keen on going into m'sia...im looking forward to see ur final pictures already! hahaha

They can only install 1 box per household??

My wife is from JB mah, so I'm pretty familiar with JB. We have been sourcing ard even before 1st appt. keke

The sales person see us also sian, visited 3-4 times and didnt buy anything. haha :deal:

I just hope everything went smoothly from now and no big headache. Esp furniture delivery and the condition of delivered goods.

Am hoping to move in asap man, to have our own 2 world!! :drunk:

They can only install 1 box per household??

My wife is from JB mah, so I'm pretty familiar with JB. We have been sourcing ard even before 1st appt. keke

The sales person see us also sian, visited 3-4 times and didnt buy anything. haha :deal:

I just hope everything went smoothly from now and no big headache. Esp furniture delivery and the condition of delivered goods.

Am hoping to move in asap man, to have our own 2 world!! :drunk:

if u willing to pay more, think can install more laaa....haha :P

OIC...lucky for u got lobang for cheap prices..

haha...jia you then! everyone undergoing reno also very keen to move

into their new love nest soonest... :yamseng:

Wow, thanks for your great input. Your family really very fierce gamers!! I have never seen a family with 2 PS3 and 4 xbox!! Too bad my wife is not a gamer, if not I also want to built a gaming family. wahah :sport-smiley-004:

Ok, back to starhub. keke :P

For (1), do u need to pay extra when using 2 different point?

For (2), since they are shared bandwidth, is there a difference in performance when u sub 2 internet access plans??

I just get to know from my colleague that u need to pay extra rental of $4+ for digital box, $8+ for hubstation, and $12+ for a HD box?? This could work out quite a sum wor.

Lol...build the gaming family when the kids comes...thats the trick...lol

1) U do not need to pay extra for different points as if ur cabling is done already. Starhub charges is per device rented.

2) The bandwidth available from Starhub distribution point to the households is huge. Each subscription pipe is bandwidth protected. Should be ok. Sometimes, all my family connect to the same router and do not experience noticeable difference, as long as no-one stream movies...:)

yeah, additional box have additional rental rates....also note that additional box cost more than main box. For e.g if u get 2 hubstation, u will be charge $8 for the first hubstation and $16 for the additional hubstation, excluding GST

Edited by wcseow