Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
El Nino_Al Nito

El Nino's Anfield

yah yah...and i have ppl mistaken me to be King of the World... :lol:

oh...does this mean u have been married for 2 years? :unsure:

i also got mistaken to still be in poly when i go barber or buy bubble tea...coz got student discount mah..

.....but that was 3 years ago... :D

Orh..so u are the one in action in that misty car. keke :dribble:

Hmm..are u implying that married made u older?? haha

So u married 3 yrs ago?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
RENO WEEK TWO - More Progress

Kitchen Floor Tiles Laid

IMG_0195.jpg

Croc Tiles Laid

IMG_0189.jpg

$32 p/pc Kitchen Glass Backsplash Tiles Laid

IMG_0197.jpg

Your house is making good progress!! Start of wk 2, and so many things done?

Your kitchen tiles long one ah?? My ID said better not to use big tiles as there might be water trapping issue.

And our tiling work process is like so different. Your tiled together with groving done, while mine tile whole house then start to put cement in between.

Nice glass tiles!! Initially I going for glass tiles too, but in the end ID throw in glass panel for me. Going for bright red too! :good:

RENO WEEK TWO - Even More Progress

Hopscotch in the MBR?

IMG_0199.jpg

Greek Volakas Homo Lookalike Laid in Study/Gaming Room

IMG_0198.jpg

Mosaic added to make the Crocs more cheery

IMG_0196.jpg

haha..wonder why they lay it like that, u got special request in your MBR??

Very special combo wor, croc with mosiac. :thumbs up:

nice leh ur tiles. i aso made another decision...to maybe overlay my toilet and kitchen floor AHHHH! $$ again....

Nice nice...Good Looks....

ur MBR has two kinds of tile?...one long one short?....

samgalz

I will caution on floor overlay for toilet....just in case the earlier waterproofing is not sold enuff or aged....den next time repair will be tedious......maybe u could consider hacking the floor but overlay the walls.....:)....

yah yah, i think better not to overlay floor tiles. Somemore it makes your floor leveling higher, then u need to level it with your other places also, making your whole house higher?

yah yah, i think better not to overlay floor tiles. Somemore it makes your floor leveling higher, then u need to level it with your other places also, making your whole house higher?

no $ to hack and redo leh. am asking the seller to leave me excess tiles. but if they throw liao then..........i'm exploring options that is available for me cos i need to hack the kitchen base away

no $ to hack and redo leh. am asking the seller to leave me excess tiles. but if they throw liao then..........i'm exploring options that is available for me cos i need to hack the kitchen base away

typically they would keep and pass it to you. If not, ask for it. Its good to keep spare tiles. If in future got spoilt tiles or minor reno, u can use the tiles,no need to go hunt high and low for same kind of tiles...:)

Your kitchen tiles long one ah?? My ID said better not to use big tiles as there might be water trapping issue.

Nice glass tiles!! Initially I going for glass tiles too, but in the end ID throw in glass panel for me. Going for bright red too! :good:

Yeah man...long tiles to make the kitchen look and feel even longer coz i worried it'll feel cramp since im doing a galley kitchen. :good:

oh, Mr Yeak assured me is fine to have 600by300 in kitchen coz water usage there is less extreme than toilets mah...we not favourable of flooding the kitchen when cleaning...hence save $150 and did not do fridge and washer base either.. :)

initially i was going for glass panel at sink area and s/s at cooking area...but mr yeak advised me not to use glass panel at sink area coz over time, will cause some patches (or is it mould) to appear behind the glass due to frequent contact with water...he also said its cheaper and i can offset that savings into other areas :thumbs up:

he also advised me not to use s/s unless i can close one eye to the scratches that may appear if we are not careful...but he said it is fine to use glass panel as hood and hob backsplash...hence that side of the kitchen will be using glass panel which if u have guessed will be bright red also! yay! :sport-smiley-004:

typically they would keep and pass it to you. If not, ask for it. Its good to keep spare tiles. If in future got spoilt tiles or minor reno, u can use the tiles,no need to go hunt high and low for same kind of tiles...:)

ya i know. so am asking agent to request...sms him but no reply hope he does his work or else i will........... :furious: if not available i can either make do with tiles that are similar or overlay...cos i still hv to do shower kerb...which is another headache cos tiles are HDB and the possibility that tile has been discontinued is there.:(

BTW, can i check here, can i do shower screen without doing shower kerb?

win lor u two...then i forever 20 yrs! din get key yet so still not adult. :bleah:

honestly lah, el. u saved since NS so how many yrs u saved ah? :notti:

Lol...try to trap me izit?? 8|

a few years savings la...i dun like debts (except HDB coz bo pian) so will only pay for what i can afford :P

ur MBR has two kinds of tile?...one long one short?....

samgalz

I will caution on floor overlay for toilet....just in case the earlier waterproofing is not sold enuff or aged....den next time repair will be tedious......maybe u could consider hacking the floor but overlay the walls.........

haha..wonder why they lay it like that, u got special request in your MBR??

haha...u all forgot ler i doing laminate flooring for my MBR and common bedroom? :rolleyes:

those tiles they put there for the tilers to hop around when they bored la...:P

hehe...its for the tilers to walk within the MBR coz the MBR they were preparing for cement screeding... :)

and yesh, samgalz, i agree with Ang and Seow...best u hack toilet floor bah...for waterproofing issue.

later ur downstairs neighbour complain leaking u LL kena hack the overlaid tiles wor... :)

Orh..so u are the one in action in that misty car. keke :dribble:

Hmm..are u implying that married made u older?? haha

So u married 3 yrs ago?

hehehe... ;)

yeah...yesterday was me and wife's 3rd year anniversary...

no big prezzies to give or getaways to go to coz budgetted for reno and furnishings ler... :(

maybe surprise her with an ipod touch since she craving for an mp3 player... :idea:

hehehe... ;)

yeah...yesterday was me and wife's 3rd year anniversary...

no big prezzies to give or getaways to go to coz budgetted for reno and furnishings ler... :(

maybe surprise her with an ipod touch since she craving for an mp3 player... :idea:

sweet lor. :yamseng:

Lol...try to trap me izit?? 8|

a few years savings la...i dun like debts (except HDB coz bo pian) so will only pay for what i can afford :P

aiya, why u so clever?? :drunk:

and yesh, samgalz, i agree with Ang and Seow...best u hack toilet floor bah...for waterproofing issue.

later ur downstairs neighbour complain leaking u LL kena hack the overlaid tiles wor... :)

:~ how, i ever saw quite a few forumner do overlay leh... if hack will be expensive rite?

agent called back just. he say seller dunno if they got keep cos now store room very messy. if hv then they keep for me :furious:

hi lilith,

the quotes i got varied from $500+ to $700 for

a) Construct low wall with service opening for bathtub

b) Install bathtub with inlet and outlet piping

But since i settled for Mr Yeak, his was ard $600+.

Tub wise, have not bought yet coz will only do so after detailed site measurement which coincidentally happens

to be this evening after i get keys to the house. :D

Hope the above helps. :)

hey el nino..can i check with you if the prices you stated above include tiling of the low wall? and also "service opening" means the inlet/outlet piping?

aiya, why u so clever?? :drunk:

:~ how, i ever saw quite a few forumner do overlay leh... if hack will be expensive rite?

agent called back just. he say seller dunno if they got keep cos now store room very messy. if hv then they keep for me :furious:

Lol...coz i last time go to PAP kintergarden mah... :bleah:

i rmbr reading this somewhere and had saved such info...this one is a gauge for u to judge k:

1) Wall hacking fee - $1.50 to $3 psf

2) Floor hacking fee - $1.50 psf

some didnt overlay...they resprayed (using epoxy or sediment paint) instead. if im not wrong its jaskel and ripples who did this way. it looks brand new after done and gives a shiny sheen to the tiles. :good:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=382069

overlay...very impt must make sure no hollow tiles. when i get keys, 1st thing i did was to check for hollow tiles...then mr yeak came up and confirmed some areas were hollow as i suspected so i got him to hack all lor...:D

Lol...coz i last time go to PAP kintergarden mah... :bleah:

i rmbr reading this somewhere and had saved such info...this one is a gauge for u to judge k:

1) Wall hacking fee - $1.50 to $3 psf

2) Floor hacking fee - $1.50 psf

some didnt overlay...they resprayed (using epoxy or sediment paint) instead. if im not wrong its jaskel and ripples who did this way. it looks brand new after done and gives a shiny sheen to the tiles. :good:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=382069

overlay...very impt must make sure no hollow tiles. when i get keys, 1st thing i did was to check for hollow tiles...then mr yeak came up and confirmed some areas were hollow as i suspected so i got him to hack all lor...:D

let's see Edmund's quote then perhaps when I can go up to the unit, I will get Edmund up and advise me on it. that's my only option now.