Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

add "dirty" water test also.. sure u nd to throw water or wash your mop etc mah.. pour super dirty water and let it dry.. see how much effort it takes to clean it off.. let it dry and see if the marks are still there..

haha ok, roger out! I shall do the stress test this weekend since I'm going Hafary this evening to source for more tiles. :D do all at one time!!! :lol:

I shall be meeting Edmund to finalize laminates and carpentry design next week or the monday after next so we have time till then to do a ultimate test... :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yes, they also do catalogue sales though their furniture in the retail space is slightly more than S&C. according to eric, his price for univonna is generally cheaper than u buy direct from univonna. my suggestion to you and what we we are going to do is to go univonna and try then get price to compare. so that when u talk to eric, u have a better idea.

We were at S&C last weekend, got our dining table & coffee table. Understand that they don't carry all model from univonna.

Esp if it's univonna in house brand, we are eyeing at this model "Norman" but too bad it's an in house brand.

Melvin advised to try on the sofa at showroom before we decided to purchase from him cos it's very personal.

So,we will shortlist a few model from univonna and check with Melvin again.

Also, if I am not wrong, they will take a short break due to hacking work in front of their shop.

Edited by infinitie

let the foam water dry out 1st.. and see the effect.. trouble comes only after the liquid is dried..

suggest add "dirty" water test also.. Ha.. sure u nd to throw water or wash your mop etc in the toilet right..

pour super dirty water and let it dry.. see how much effort it takes to clean it off.. let it dry and see if the marks are still there..

I did a test on my LSH tiles sometime ago, so far so good.. No stain after placing bubble soap on it and leave it overnight to dry.

But my Hubby was saying the tiles is new so it may have been could a coated with some kind of liquid and who knows it may turn out to what we worry after frequent wash... Haiz, maybe I should do the test as fencer's advised... Will scrub it to see if it really wears off or not.

let the foam water dry out 1st.. and see the effect.. trouble comes only after the liquid is dried..

suggest add "dirty" water test also.. Ha.. sure u nd to throw water or wash your mop etc in the toilet right..

pour super dirty water and let it dry.. see how much effort it takes to clean it off.. let it dry and see if the marks are still there..

I did a test on my LSH tiles sometime ago, so far so good.. No stain after placing bubble soap on it and leave it overnight to dry.

But my Hubby was saying the tile is new so it may have been coated with some kind of liquid and who knows it may turn out to what we worry after frequent wash... Haiz, maybe I should do the test as fencer's advised... Will scrub it to see if it really wears off or not.

Edited by infinitie

We were at S&C last weekend, got our dining table & coffee table. Understand that they don't carry all model from univonna.

Esp if it's univonna in house brand, we are eyeing at this model "Norman" but too bad it's an in house brand.

Melvin advised to try on the sofa at showroom before we decided to purchase from him cos it's very personal.

So,we will shortlist a few model from univonna and check with Melvin again.

Also, if I am not wrong, they will take a short break due to hacking work in front of their shop.

yep, that's what may told me the other time I was there. that's why I tried calling them last evening to make sure they are still open but suay suay an uncle answer the call very rudely and put me off. dun say dial wrong number hor cos I recheck after I put down the call. So that's why I ended up in Hommage which I am pretty pleased with the service as well. :good:

But my Hubby was saying the tiles is new so it may have been could a coated with some kind of liquid and who knows it may turn out to what we worry after frequent wash... Haiz, maybe I should do the test as fencer's advised... Will scrub it to see if it really wears off or not.

you need to acid wash the tile before you do a stain test :)

you need to acid wash the tile before you do a stain test :)

How we going to acid wash the tile? Pour lemon juice or vingear over the tiles? :notti:

How we going to acid wash the tile? Pour lemon juice or vingear over the tiles? :notti:

ya, how to do acid wash? If acid wash create so much prob with the tiles, does that means actually we shd not acid wash??!! :unsure:

yep, that's what may told me the other time I was there. that's why I tried calling them last evening to make sure they are still open but suay suay an uncle answer the call very rudely and put me off. dun say dial wrong number hor cos I recheck after I put down the call. So that's why I ended up in Hommage which I am pretty pleased with the service as well. :good:

I remember reading somewhere that the guy in Hommage is the related to the lady in S&C (brother or something..), so if it is true, lol....still the same family gets ur business....:)

ya, how to do acid wash? If acid wash create so much prob with the tiles, does that means actually we shd not acid wash??!! :unsure:

Acid wash after reno, i was told that it would remove the dirts and fine dust etc.. wic is hard to remove even with scrubbing..

I missed the acid wash part so dun know how exactly acid is the acid wash.. Ehh.. i dun even know if it was done since i no see it..

haha, good! when u go? I was there Monday late afternoon!

yeah gave up the industrial tap since it is confirmed a single bowl. but hor, not too sad...like El always say, if no lose slp means it doesn't mean so much to u. In fact I got a matt s/s sink tap which i :wub: too. see the page before for pic.

So in the end did u get anything?

We went there quite some time ago already, was combing around the whole J/B area.

Actually, GR link was the 1st shop we went to and had spent most of our time there, maybe it's the service/price that attract us. My hubby and i decided to go back again to get all the sanitary wares.

Was wondering when is the right time to place our order, if my kitchen wall cannot be hacked then we may have to change the layout of current plan, so getting a big basin is a 'no no'.

Matt sink and tap is good cos the scratch is less visible.

We went there quite some time ago already, was combing around the whole J/B area.

Actually, GR link was the 1st shop we went to and had spent most of our time there, maybe it's the service/price that attract us. My hubby and i decided to go back again to get all the sanitary wares.

Was wondering when is the right time to place our order, if my kitchen wall cannot be hacked then we may have to change the layout of current plan, so getting a big basin is a 'no no'.

Matt sink and tap is good cos the scratch is less visible.

yeah, agree. Service/price is attractive at GR Link that's why we are willing to spend there. In fact, I myself was shocked at the amount we spend on sanitary & kitchen wares! But it was console by the fact that we did get better materials (stainless steel etc) and therefore the price.

For now, we placed order early cos we want to be ready in case my seller says ok for takeover to do reno and my contractor will go full steam ahead so if we are not ready then we might slow down the reno. We need to get the house ready by mid July latest as we have agreed to loan a room to a friend who is also buying and reno-ing his house after ours and he needed a place during the transition period. That's why my contractor kan chiong and keep asking when we can start reno!

yeah, agree. Service/price is attractive at GR Link that's why we are willing to spend there. In fact, I myself was shocked at the amount we spend on sanitary & kitchen wares! But it was console by the fact that we did get better materials (stainless steel etc) and therefore the price.

For now, we placed order early cos we want to be ready in case my seller says ok for takeover to do reno and my contractor will go full steam ahead so if we are not ready then we might slow down the reno. We need to get the house ready by mid July latest as we have agreed to loan a room to a friend who is also buying and reno-ing his house after ours and he needed a place during the transition period. That's why my contractor kan chiong and keep asking when we can start reno!

Hey samglaz, lucky you found a contractor that would it least be kan chiong abt finishing your reno... Ha.. better then mine loh.. :notti: