Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

I guess fencer is referring to post-reno cleaning ba... many of my frens also like that... spent countless weekends cleaning and scrubbing floor after reno :(

dunno le, since it's toilet tiles, probably it will be subjected to constant "cleaning" by shower water, and hence it will be easier to maintain in future? i also having some worries over non-slip tiles cos the surface doesn't look very easy to mop :unsure:

Ha.. can tell u huh.. if like me use the same type of surface and dark colors.. even if u wash a dirty mop or anything dirty on it.. u must immed washand scrub the water down the drain or else once dry, can see the traces liao.. dun know how to describe leh.. Ha.. now can only wash mop at the hole at the bathing area.. and minimize dirty water spreading..

My friend suggested to mop and wash mop is pail.. keep repeating so can "lift" the dirt off the floor.. but really need to do alot of things.. cleaner but stil can see traces..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ya, that's why i dun use use for kitchen. it's more for bathroom where u need more anti-slip function. for kitchen i am using homo matt finish. chose one already but not 100% satisfied so am thinking to go back to see again.

I guess fencer is referring to post-reno cleaning ba... many of my frens also like that... spent countless weekends cleaning and scrubbing floor after reno :(

dunno le, since it's toilet tiles, probably it will be subjected to constant "cleaning" by shower water, and hence it will be easier to maintain in future? i also having some worries over non-slip tiles cos the surface doesn't look very easy to mop :unsure:

Yup, tiles with rough surfaces are much harder to clean.

There are different degrees of roughness for non-slip tiles. So have to strike a balance loh...

Check out rondy's blog. He used similar rough tiles for his bathroom also. Think he had some problem with white foam remaining on the tiles after showering.

hey ang..wow $230 for the tap?..aiya nvm la since you've already bought it...don't beat yourself up over it!

hey sam, we got the same WC..i also bought from GR link..did u successfully manage to bargain w/jasmine? :lol:

Hi girls,

We've been to GR Link and was served by Jasmine as well.

I must said she is quite pro and will give good suggestions/advise.

LOL... We are eyeing on the same WC, Crizto. If i remember correctly, i was quoted abt $220 as well.

me not total overhaul lah...my living room and bedroom flooring not doing and not doing any TV consoles....also diff lah...u ID me contractor...price sure diff mah. :D

no, cos i choose alot of drawers. drawers more expensive mah.... and i bargain hard with him :lol: in fact might not be choosing industrial tap liao.

Serious abt giving up the industrial tap ah, I tot it was in your wishlist long ago? :o

Anyway, it's more practical since you decided to get single bowl sink.

Hi girls,

We've been to GR Link and was served by Jasmine as well.

I must said she is quite pro and will give good suggestions/advise.

LOL... We are eyeing on the same WC, Crizto. If i remember correctly, i was quoted abt $220 as well.

haha, good! when u go? I was there Monday late afternoon!

yeah gave up the industrial tap since it is confirmed a single bowl. but hor, not too sad...like El always say, if no lose slp means it doesn't mean so much to u. In fact I got a matt s/s sink tap which i :wub: too. see the page before for pic.

So in the end did u get anything?

Edited by samgalz

Ha.. can tell u huh.. if like me use the same type of surface and dark colors.. even if u wash a dirty mop or anything dirty on it.. u must immed washand scrub the water down the drain or else once dry, can see the traces liao.. dun know how to describe leh.. Ha.. now can only wash mop at the hole at the bathing area.. and minimize dirty water spreading..

My friend suggested to mop and wash mop is pail.. keep repeating so can "lift" the dirt off the floor.. but really need to do alot of things.. cleaner but stil can see traces..

Yup, tiles with rough surfaces are much harder to clean.

There are different degrees of roughness for non-slip tiles. So have to strike a balance loh...

Check out rondy's blog. He used similar rough tiles for his bathroom also. Think he had some problem with white foam remaining on the tiles after showering.

Oh... so something like water marks from soap water... rite?

really need to consider about the roughness then. thanks for your feedback :)

intially wanted to go Balestier to look at tiles again but as Edmund has not got back on the quote when I off work, we changed our minds and decided to go furniture hunting. wanted to go S&C and not sure whether they already closed for the construction outside their shop, tried calling them. A rude malay uncle answer the call and give me unclear answers....SO...sorry to May & Melvin....we went Hommage. :D

Eric, the boss served us and was patiently going through the catalogues with us. Things we not sure he is ever ready to provide answers and suggestions. In the end, we bought a dinning set and a TV console from him. Will be getting sofa and study room wardrobe too but need to go do measurement for wardrobe and try the sofa at Univonna as hubby wants to have a feel of the sofa before confirming. :D

Pics of the buy (as usual, sorry for the unclear pic due to iphone:

Dinning chair (we got this design but in black)

IMG_02481.jpg

Dinning table

IMG_02471.jpg

TV console

IMG_02461.jpg

Edited by samgalz

intially wanted to go Balestier to look at tiles again but as Edmund has not got back on the quote when I off work, we changed our minds and decided to go furniture hunting. wanted to go S&C and not sure whether they already closed for the construction outside their shop, tried calling them. A rude malay uncle answer the call and give me unclear answers....SO...sorry to May & Melvin....we went Hommage. :D

Eric, the boss served us and was patiently going through the catalogues with us. Things we not sure he is ever ready to provide answers and suggestions. In the end, we bought a dinning set and a TV console from him. Will be getting sofa and study room wardrobe too but need to go do measurement for wardrobe and try the sofa at Univonna as hubby wants to have a feel of the sofa before confirming. :D

Oh... didn't know Hommage carries Univonna sofa... heard that this brand is quite good rite? :)

Maybe should pay a visit to Hommage... still looking for some furniture :)

Maybe I should try to visit univonna sofa too :D

go and u can check out their prices and go Hommage to compare. Hommage is giving pretty decent prices and Eric is not pushy. He even asked us to go Univonna to try the sofa before deciding. We r looking at the 3 seater with the adjustable headrest.

go and u can check out their prices and go Hommage to compare. Hommage is giving pretty decent prices and Eric is not pushy. He even asked us to go Univonna to try the sofa before deciding. We r looking at the 3 seater with the adjustable headrest.

Yeap yeap, I will

I spoke to Melvin on Monday and Tuesday. Gave him the quote for the sofa we saw at Furniture HQ but he nvr get back to me ... :(

Anyway, hommage operates in the same way as S&C ? So go to Univonna to try and give them the quote and they can get better price?

Yeap yeap, I will

I spoke to Melvin on Monday and Tuesday. Gave him the quote for the sofa we saw at Furniture HQ but he nvr get back to me ... :(

Anyway, hommage operates in the same way as S&C ? So go to Univonna to try and give them the quote and they can get better price?

yes, they also do catalogue sales though their furniture in the retail space is slightly more than S&C. according to eric, his price for univonna is generally cheaper than u buy direct from univonna. my suggestion to you and what we we are going to do is to go univonna and try then get price to compare. so that when u talk to eric, u have a better idea.

ok, shall do a foam test on my sample tile. :notti:

let the foam water dry out 1st.. and see the effect.. trouble comes only after the liquid is dried..

suggest add "dirty" water test also.. Ha.. sure u nd to throw water or wash your mop etc in the toilet right..

pour super dirty water and let it dry.. see how much effort it takes to clean it off.. let it dry and see if the marks are still there..

Edited by fencer