Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weak_pig

Sleeping Under A Ceiling Beam...

My new house at Pinnacle Duxton has a straight concrete beam in the master bedroom that extends from one end all the way to the other.

Based on my FSM, he claims my sleeping direction die die must sleep in the direction where my head will be under the beam...

So now i'm cracking my head on how to cover up the beam completely so as to avoid sleeping under it.

I also have a small window under the beam, which the FSM stated die die cannot seal up, as that is the where fortune flows in (so install a full feature wall to seal up that side of the wall is out of the question.

I can only do a feature wall with customised bed frame/head which stops before the window area. But then, by doing this, the ceiling beam will only be covered halfway. The beam above the window will still not be covered

Doing full false ceiling to cover everything also can't, as my FSM say false ceiling under the bed will lower the height causing claustraphobic effects

Is there any other suggestions from guys here?

Headache man...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My new house at Pinnacle Duxton has a straight concrete beam in the master bedroom that extends from one end all the way to the other.

Based on my FSM, he claims my sleeping direction die die must sleep in the direction where my head will be under the beam...

So now i'm cracking my head on how to cover up the beam completely so as to avoid sleeping under it.

I also have a small window under the beam, which the FSM stated die die cannot seal up, as that is the where fortune flows in (so install a full feature wall to seal up that side of the wall is out of the question.

I can only do a feature wall with customised bed frame/head which stops before the window area. But then, by doing this, the ceiling beam will only be covered halfway. The beam above the window will still not be covered

Doing full false ceiling to cover everything also can't, as my FSM say false ceiling under the bed will lower the height causing claustraphobic effects

Headache man...

The direction where we will be sleeping under ( suppose to point to Husband's good gua direction ) but we will also be under a " tiny beam " To avoid ( just like in current flat ), we are building a backing ( it is like a false ceiling material dunno call wat but instead of ceiling it is on the back of your bedframe which after painting is like a wall. )

Hence this means it allows the wall on the back of your bed to flush out. Hence the beam will have the same alignment as the " fake " wall. But this also means ur room gets smaller. Ours just a bit since the beam is narrow. Not sure about yours.

Who is ur FSM?

Seriously, it is ok to sleep under the beam according to some master. I think you read those english books about fengshui and they say no to sleeping under beam right?

Who is ur FSM?

Seriously, it is ok to sleep under the beam according to some master. I think you read those english books about fengshui and they say no to sleeping under beam right?

Some say can, some say cannot. Makes you wonder if they can be trusted :D

Some say can, some say cannot. Makes you wonder if they can be trusted :D

Well, if your fsm is reputable, trust him. From what I read, sleeping/ sitting under beam will cause huge pressure is maybe incorrect. Ask those master who study from classic theory?

As I understand, beams or clolumns are bad depending on circumstances. We are all living in high rise and the fact was there are already many beams unseen or seen stacking on top of one another. Just imagine the concrete on top of your head multiple by 40 in toa payoh if you're living on the first floor. Sigh....some of these masters really got no brains.....maybe the unseen beams on top of their heads really worked against them!!

Well, if your fsm is reputable, trust him. From what I read, sleeping/ sitting under beam will cause huge pressure is maybe incorrect. Ask those master who study from classic theory?

Right, ask those mas ters that study classic theories and don't have bad feedbacks too!!

Headache man...

if very very low, think dun nid fs also psycho can feel claustraphobic ar

the beam on top agree with rest, shld not be a pbm..

if very very low, think dun nid fs also psycho can feel claustraphobic ar

the beam on top agree with rest, shld not be a pbm..

Sleep under anything is no wrong. Body sudjects to physical harm if sleep under "easily-fall-down" objects. Beams??? High rise building got beams here & there, question is whether these beams are "visible" within yr naked eye.

- As yourself: What is the difference betweents cement/steel rods and beam. Come to reality!, they are many cement/steel rods "above our head" as long as we are in these "high-rise" building.

-Is there any FSM dare to declare no good staying in concrete building, or to be precise HDB units? Gov will sue him!

- FS has been "manipulated" by evil people for own interests and gains. Many "hears & says" do not fall under FS, or rather is Taoyism which seeks way & means to have "ever lasting body".

- Old theories in ancient time's one-storey-only buildings can not exactly be applied onto nowadays' situations. Yes, sleeping under beam is no good then. Why? once the house collasps, the most heavier object - beam will press onto ppl. If ppl sleep "elsewhere" and house collasp ppl have higher chance of survival as compare to hose "sleeping under the beam".

-You are actually under "pyschological pressure"- like many others. Mindset is the key.

Edited by bepgof