Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mountainsmith

5i In Yishun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just received my complete 3D designs, delighted at how the place will turn out,

Living rm design

livingrmdesign.jpg

By umeerhyder at 2010-03-29

Dining rm design

diningrmdesign.jpg

By umeerhyder at 2010-03-29

i like the dining chairs! r u getting similar chairs or does ur ID know where to get the exact same ones in the picture?

i like the dining chairs! r u getting similar chairs or does ur ID know where to get the exact same ones in the picture?

Hi Pinktini,

Yeah, im getting similiar chairs.. it will suit my theme as well.

Hi,

From the 3D drawings, it seems to be more modern than victorian though. :)

hi Mickey ,

u r rite. Our ID mentioned it will be rather costly to do up a Victorian theme and it will bust our budget so we tweak the design a bit and hope to attain a tinge of the Victorian look with furnitures, fixtures and fittings. I guess we were hoping for too much with our limited budget.

Edited by mountainsmith

hi Mickey ,

u r rite. Our ID mentioned it will be rather costly to do up a Victorian theme and it will bust our budget so we tweak the design a bit and hope to attain a tinge of the Victorian look with furnitures, fixtures and fittings. I guess we were hoping for too much with our limited budget.

Hi Mountainsmith,

Yah. A complete victorian look is exp for sure. Not easy to find such carpenters in sg. Can imagine the cost of plaster moulding. Victorian theme, are u not doing cornices? I know cornices are not a 'in' thing but I think it is a main feature of victorian theme.

Looking at the 3D drawings for the dining area, I would not go for big sheet(s) of acrylic mirror. Rather, I would replicate what u have post earlier, 2 big mirrors with white borders/frames. U don't have to get such mirrors from expensive stores. I believe acrylic mirrors can be mount to those frames/borders that painting shops sell. Just my thoughts. :)

Hi Mountainsmith,

Yah. A complete victorian look is exp for sure. Not easy to find such carpenters in sg. Can imagine the cost of plaster moulding. Victorian theme, are u not doing cornices? I know cornices are not a 'in' thing but I think it is a main feature of victorian theme.

Looking at the 3D drawings for the dining area, I would not go for big sheet(s) of acrylic mirror. Rather, I would replicate what u have post earlier, 2 big mirrors with white borders/frames. U don't have to get such mirrors from expensive stores. I believe acrylic mirrors can be mount to those frames/borders that painting shops sell. Just my thoughts. :)

We did not do cornice as we thought that its kinda outdated though its the fundamental feature of the victorian theme. Upon discussion with our ID and with the budget in mind, we decided to maintain a modern look and then proceed with the victorian theme to have a touch of victorian theme.

regarding the mirror , you are right, in fact we wanted that look that you mentioned but co-ordination with our id was not too well. so we decided to stick to their idea to avoid further conflict. sigh...

We did not do cornice as we thought that its kinda outdated though its the fundamental feature of the victorian theme. Upon discussion with our ID and with the budget in mind, we decided to maintain a modern look and then proceed with the victorian theme to have a touch of victorian theme.

regarding the mirror , you are right, in fact we wanted that look that you mentioned but co-ordination with our id was not too well. so we decided to stick to their idea to avoid further conflict. sigh...

Agree. Cornice is kinda outdated. I don't like also. My ID suggested cornices for an area but we say a BIG NO. Hee.

Hmm, my opinion is you should stick to what you prefer. After all, ID should listen to the owners' preference. I have conflicts with my ID and I believe this is inevitable during reno process. Let your voices be heard.

If you can't achieve victorian theme structurally, then you will need victorian items to achieve the look. :). I am not sure how much u were quote for the acrylic mirrors. But you can get such big big mirror including the decorated gold frame for less than 1k.

Agree. Cornice is kinda outdated. I don't like also. My ID suggested cornices for an area but we say a BIG NO. Hee.

Hmm, my opinion is you should stick to what you prefer. After all, ID should listen to the owners' preference. I have conflicts with my ID and I believe this is inevitable during reno process. Let your voices be heard.

If you can't achieve victorian theme structurally, then you will need victorian items to achieve the look. :). I am not sure how much u were quote for the acrylic mirrors. But you can get such big big mirror including the decorated gold frame for less than 1k.

Hi Mickey, thanks for the info and advise. will keep that in mind!!

Saw ur t-blog and ur place looks great!! keep it up!!! :)

Hi, I have the same layout as you. I will get my key on 11 May.

your design is very nice.

Hi ! Have fun doing up your house, do you have plenty of re-works to do for the house?

Where is your location at?

Looking forward to see you putting up your t-blog yeah!!

Did some shopping at Mega Discount store at Katong Mall recently.

There were some quite good buys.

Bought a refrigerator, washing machine, in built oven and lcd tvs.

Refrigerator.

LG GR-B207WVQ at $849

lggrb207wvq.jpg

By umeerhyder at 2010-04-18

In built oven

BOSCH HBN331E2J at $699

boschhbn331e2j.jpg

8KG Washing machine

SAMSUNG DIAMOND DRUM WA10V5 at $369

samsungwav5diamond.jpg

LCD TVs

2 x Toshiba 32 Inch LCD TVs for bedrooms at $599 each

toshiba32av600.jpg

Edited by mountainsmith

Hi,

Regarding the dining chairs that's in your 3D drawings, any idea/suggestions as to where they can be found? I'm looking for such similar dining chairs.

Thanks!

Hi,

Regarding the dining chairs that's in your 3D drawings, any idea/suggestions as to where they can be found? I'm looking for such similar dining chairs.

Thanks!

hi im searching high and low for it too, have found some, they are either too costly or the pattern does not much,

you might wanna check out I WANNA GO HOME at great world city or tanglin mall. they got some exquisite stuff

rgds