Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

wah, what happened? must be pretty bad for u to scold them 1 hr

well, my dinner was a simple one, poolside solemnization buffet dinnner. Anyway i didnt expect this kind of thing will happen at a 5 Star hotel lor. the service staffs service sucks. During cocktail, all were standing there talking instead of serving drinks for our guests. Wife was abit pissed aready. As ours was a simple wedding, we had our tea ceremony on the mini stage provide by them. the banquet captain was supposed to assist us, but halfway through, he left the stage without informing my wife to answer phone call, wife was angry liao.

Here comes the best part, during our march in for the champagne pouring, juz as we went about to go up the stage, I heard a 'pop' sound, the staff who was holding the champagne accidentally pop it! :furious: :furious: And we had to wait on the stage for 5mins? for them to get a replacement champange. The captain also sway la, my wife saw him actually taking his time to WALK out to find us a replacement bottle, couldnt take it liao, after champange pouring, straight pull the captain to 1 side n ask him to give me a gd explanation later after the dinner. More to come... i receive call fr my fren saying tat the complimentary carpark passes were expired. WTF! Apologize to him n I had to tell my guest to check their passes see whether they holding on to expired passes anot. Lucky we did ask them, cos some of the passes were expired. Immediately got them changed.

Okay, reaching the limit of my tolerance, as most of the guest have left, left my relatives n some frens, i went to get some food to eat. Guess wat i saw at the food counter? A plate FULL of ants! I don remember having ANTS in my buffet menu?? Signal the staff, ask them come over, point to them what I saw. Totally no mood to talk liao. The banquet director came down, juz nice my relatives n frens were about to leave. OK. Time for showdown.

Think by now he should have know wat happened, but he still wan us to tell him wat went wrong. NVM. I told him 1 by 1.

My wife was sooo pissed that she called the banquet sales person, n asked her to give us a very gd explanation tomorrow before we check out. Cos she was the one who assure us that everything will be fine, and she will be around on our AD to make sure everything runs smoothly. But she actually passed this responsibility to tat captain, who typically screw up everything. She tell my wife she cant make it back tomorrow as she will be going malaysia for holiday. FINE. My wife then tell her NVM, we will talk to her manager then. Back to the banquet director, well he also didnt say much, probably he dun know what to say, tell him we talk again tomorrow as both of us are **** tired. Back to our room, the sales person called n say she had cancelled her trip n will be coming to our room tomorrow before we check out to give us a gd explanation. We asked her to call the captain n the banquet director to come along as well.

Next day afternoon, they were supposed to come at 1pm, n they were 10 mins LATE. WTF. They got **** from both of us for a hr plus. They should consider themselves lucky, cos initially they wanted to meet us at the cafe instead, i asked them to come to our rm. If we were at the cafe, Im sure their reputation sure gone, for tat hr plus, i shouted till i almost no voice. **** bloody pissed!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
well, my dinner was a simple one, poolside solemnization buffet dinnner. Anyway i didnt expect this kind of thing will happen at a 5 Star hotel lor. the service staffs service sucks. During cocktail, all were standing there talking instead of serving drinks for our guests. Wife was abit pissed aready. As ours was a simple wedding, we had our tea ceremony on the mini stage provide by them. the banquet captain was supposed to assist us, but halfway through, he left the stage without informing my wife to answer phone call, wife was angry liao.

Here comes the best part, during our march in for the champagne pouring, juz as we went about to go up the stage, I heard a 'pop' sound, the staff who was holding the champagne accidentally pop it! :furious: :furious: And we had to wait on the stage for 5mins? for them to get a replacement champange. The captain also sway la, my wife saw him actually taking his time to WALK out to find us a replacement bottle, couldnt take it liao, after champange pouring, straight pull the captain to 1 side n ask him to give me a gd explanation later after the dinner. More to come... i receive call fr my fren saying tat the complimentary carpark passes were expired. WTF! Apologize to him n I had to tell my guest to check their passes see whether they holding on to expired passes anot. Lucky we did ask them, cos some of the passes were expired. Immediately got them changed.

Okay, reaching the limit of my tolerance, as most of the guest have left, left my relatives n some frens, i went to get some food to eat. Guess wat i saw at the food counter? A plate FULL of ants! I don remember having ANTS in my buffet menu?? Signal the staff, ask them come over, point to them what I saw. Totally no mood to talk liao. The banquet director came down, juz nice my relatives n frens were about to leave. OK. Time for showdown.

Think by now he should have know wat happened, but he still wan us to tell him wat went wrong. NVM. I told him 1 by 1.

My wife was sooo pissed that she called the banquet sales person, n asked her to give us a very gd explanation tomorrow before we check out. Cos she was the one who assure us that everything will be fine, and she will be around on our AD to make sure everything runs smoothly. But she actually passed this responsibility to tat captain, who typically screw up everything. She tell my wife she cant make it back tomorrow as she will be going malaysia for holiday. FINE. My wife then tell her NVM, we will talk to her manager then. Back to the banquet director, well he also didnt say much, probably he dun know what to say, tell him we talk again tomorrow as both of us are **** tired. Back to our room, the sales person called n say she had cancelled her trip n will be coming to our room tomorrow before we check out to give us a gd explanation. We asked her to call the captain n the banquet director to come along as well.

Next day afternoon, they were supposed to come at 1pm, n they were 10 mins LATE. WTF. They got **** from both of us for a hr plus. They should consider themselves lucky, cos initially they wanted to meet us at the cafe instead, i asked them to come to our rm. If we were at the cafe, Im sure their reputation sure gone, for tat hr plus, i shouted till i almost no voice. **** bloody pissed!

horrible...a shame to our service industry.

Haven't been here a while.

Pinktini, your house transformation is fantastic. Your flooring is shiny finishing? A bit regret doing mine in matte. Yours look nice.

Anyway, care to share the carpenter's or your uncle's contacts? Might want to do up some carpentry in near future. TIA.

actually my solemnisation was done at sentosa those beach side bar in the afternoon. that stupid organiser plan a bubble foam party with my solemnisation lor. almost cannot hear the JP talking liao. shame on the high standards there. somemore not cheap. :bleah:

I also hear of a case where the ang pow is twenty ringgit. Family of four plus one maid. Occupy one table by asking the waiter to remove the rest of the chair. Like that lagi jialat. :bangwall:

my friend receive a empty one with newspaper inside from his or say our over 10 years childhood friend lor. extreme boh? :P

my friend receive a empty one with newspaper inside from his or say our over 10 years childhood friend lor. extreme boh? :P

tok gong lor :bow: that friend buay pai sey meh? :unsure:

tok gong lor :bow: that friend buay pai sey meh? :unsure:

lol, he thought he can siam cos groom all slide into pocket and dunno who bao newspaper.

too bad grrom receive ang bao whole night, already can feel how thick is the money inside liao. once feel his weird-newspaper-inside ang bao then slip into another diff pocket.

at night then pijia lobang liao :D

We didn't expect this to happen in a five star hotel. Tats y we **** pissed off.

actually my solemnisation was done at sentosa those beach side bar in the afternoon. that stupid organiser plan a bubble foam party with my solemnisation lor. almost cannot hear the JP talking liao. shame on the high standards there. somemore not cheap. :bleah:

Ours also very ex, $95+++ per pax can have a 9 course dinner le wor. Bcos my wife wanted a casual dinner, tats y we settle there..

My wife was sooo pissed that she called the banquet sales person, n asked her to give us a very gd explanation tomorrow before we check out. Cos she was the one who assure us that everything will be fine, and she will be around on our AD to make sure everything runs smoothly. But she actually passed this responsibility to tat captain, who typically screw up everything. She tell my wife she cant make it back tomorrow as she will be going malaysia for holiday.

wah, u really had a very very bad experience. of cos u'll be angry, cos wedding is once in a lifetime thing and to be ruined and marred by such incidents and have these so-called professional coordinators not realise what they've done wrong, i'll say they totally deserved the telling off u gave them. my co-od will also be on leave on my wedding day, cos she getting married a week before me, i hope she hands over everything properly.

Haven't been here a while.

Pinktini, your house transformation is fantastic. Your flooring is shiny finishing? A bit regret doing mine in matte. Yours look nice.

Anyway, care to share the carpenter's or your uncle's contacts? Might want to do up some carpentry in near future. TIA.

hihi thanks for the compliments! my floor is semi-glossy finishing. i didn't want too shiny and i didnt want matte. if u need the contact, PM me k? :)

lol, he thought he can siam cos groom all slide into pocket and dunno who bao newspaper.

too bad grrom receive ang bao whole night, already can feel how thick is the money inside liao. once feel his weird-newspaper-inside ang bao then slip into another diff pocket.

at night then pijia lobang liao :D

yaya, sentosa weddings nv cheap, even if its beachside, i helped my friend check out prices before. shld have taken over the sound system "hello everyone i'm getting married today, so let me finish my vows and u can continue maing noise after that." hahaha

wow, 10 yrs close friend, my banquet mostly relatives, i only have 3 tables of my own friends. i dun think they'll give me GV vouchers or newspapers ba, hope so!!

BTW, since yr oven is d built-in oven, whr is d plug ??? Behind d oven as I cldn't see d plug in yr picture.
IMG_0400.JPG

For my built-in oven, my electrician drilled a hole through the upper cabinet, pulled the oven's cable through and connected to the switch above. This switch is actually just drilled onto the cabinet panel, cos there wasn't any outlet catered there during the reno. So he pulled the wire for that switch and connected to the original outlet behind the fridge.

Originally I wanted to use extension cord, connect to the fridge outlet, and superglue/stick it onto the panel and connect the oven, but he laugh and told me not enough power for the oven.

quick pics of my kitchen (living room still cleaning in progress, too paiseh to show pics now)

overview plus my LG fridge.

IMG_0399.JPG

bought the condiment rack from Isetan, and the cooking spoon holder from Daiso.

IMG_0401.JPG

my Joseph Joseph cutting board prize and the JA Henckels knife set.

IMG_0402.JPG

ok.. one presentable pic from the living room.

my coffee table from hommage & my remote control holder, tissue box from lovely deart

IMG_0407.JPG

Edited by pinktini