Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

ya lor u very heng lor....u hv to thank god for it... :D

well, mine over n done with long ago....7 yrs in fact...hahahaha...so can only rant...

7yrs liao ar, hubby feeling itchy bo.... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh My goodness!!! everything looks so good! i love it especially the WALK IN WARDROBE!

Congrat with such a nice reno :)

I stay nearby yr hse, mine just opp. Limbang Shopping Ctr.

Wd U mind giving me yr carpenter contact No ? I intend to buy a built-in oven too.

Now headache as to how this oven supposed to be fixed since I stay in my E-Flat here for 10yrs+.

Since U also got oven, hope U can join our cooking & baking classes too :)

7yrs liao ar, hubby feeling itchy bo.... :P

haha... 7 yrs for customary. 8 for ROM in fact. so already pass the 7th yr in legal aspect.

he dare itchy I pull his ear!!! :curse:

haha... 7 yrs for customary. 8 for ROM in fact. so already pass the 7th yr in legal aspect.

he dare itchy I pull his ear!!! :curse:

dun think your hubby dare la since you're backed by the whole rt people.... :)

My sis just had her wedding at the begining of the yr. Thou her wedding is only $1020 but go ard telling ppl its $1200. Still she only managed to break even. Close close closest relatives & frens gave more, colleagues and those not so close relatives gave less. My bro in law spotted 1 of his fren came with family of 4 but only gave ang bao worth for 1. :( Bo bian la, in chinese society, wedding dinner is like a must. More for a show for parents.

So pink, dun feel stress abt it. Since u have to do it, do it happily. Some stuff got to close 1 eye. Thats how i deal with it. We prepared our wedding within half a yr (but banquet booked a yr b4 actual date).

Ur friend shiok hor, i jus breakeven and that's cos friends give more....relatives all make me lose $$ :(

tats usually the case mah.. :D

thanks! haha, i hope so lor, any profit will offset my reno costs. :P honeymoon is delayed until 1 yr later, save more, then can buy more!

haiyo, i more stressed abt seating plans and balancing demands/questions/madness all around.

yr seating arrangement very impt. Do a gd one n there shouldn b any hiccups...

so moral of the story, dun hold any banquet like me.... :D

i did think of that,but thinking its once a lifetime thing, somemore my wife is the only child in her family, in the end held a solemnization buffet dinner for 100pax, even though her parents don mind if we don wan to have wedding dinner.

aiya, i would if i can....i was the first grandchild on my side to get married so face issue...elders wan me to hv dinner...my hubby is the only son in the family...so another die die need to hv dinner for the relative....in the end...high expenses, very tired, all to entertained the old folks...our folks are fine but it's the relatives tat made it a no choice...either that or hv our folks subject to all the gossips....we being fillial children, got to do our part lor...
i am the only son but tats what i did, a small quiet dinner jus for close friends and family. had some minor objections from my parents but i bo chup...more worried abt my wife's side but they lagi understanding, heng ar... :dancingqueen:
me i'm the eldest child of the eldest child of my grandma. my dad is like no.1 importance in his family, so its hard for me to not have wedding dinner, plus he is towkay, so his company ppl aka my colleagues have to be invited. but i'm ok with it la, take it as a once in a lifetime celebration lor. i already had a very quiet ROM with just his immediate family and mine at the ROM itself.

Congrat with such a nice reno :)

I stay nearby yr hse, mine just opp. Limbang Shopping Ctr.

Wd U mind giving me yr carpenter contact No ? I intend to buy a built-in oven too.

Now headache as to how this oven supposed to be fixed since I stay in my E-Flat here for 10yrs+.

Since U also got oven, hope U can join our cooking & baking classes too :)

hihi, thanks! i'll check with the uncle who hired the carpenter, cos i dun have the carpenter's number. u intend to do the entire kitchen or just a tall cabinet.

me staying on the other side of yew tee, where cck crescent is. there are cooking & baking classes? where?

My sis just had her wedding at the begining of the yr. Thou her wedding is only $1020 but go ard telling ppl its $1200. Still she only managed to break even. Close close closest relatives & frens gave more, colleagues and those not so close relatives gave less. My bro in law spotted 1 of his fren came with family of 4 but only gave ang bao worth for 1. :( Bo bian la, in chinese society, wedding dinner is like a must. More for a show for parents.

So pink, dun feel stress abt it. Since u have to do it, do it happily. Some stuff got to close 1 eye. Thats how i deal with it. We prepared our wedding within half a yr (but banquet booked a yr b4 actual date).

yayaya i hear of such stories before. i hear ppl receive empty angpow also, think was my sis-in-law. i booked my banquet last september, but this yr when they suddenly want to have more tables than maximum capacity, i tried calling all the major hotels, and they were all fully booked. :(

yr seating arrangement very impt. Do a gd one n there shouldn b any hiccups...
hehe, i leave that to my parents, i dunwan to get involved man... u noe la, sure got internal conflicts like this aunt cannot sit with tt aunt, this person must sit here, sit there. i once read an advice saying "there're 4 corners in a usual ballroom, make use of them!"

Cool wedding dinner! I have super traditional parents and parents in law. Boh pian, Wedding dinner is a must do or else dun get married. :bleah:

Enjoy ur wedding, having a smaller venue can be good as it can be easier to manage. :notti:

haha, ya, i'm hoping to at least break even. :P my big day is 13 Nov, you??

cap at 40k including ur furniture/sanitaryware?

13 nov very hot date hor...

CAUSE MINE IS ON THAT DATE TOO!! haahhaah...

where is yrs being held? care to share?

no la, 40k reno excluding furnitures/appliances etc..

thanks! haha, i hope so lor, any profit will offset my reno costs. :P honeymoon is delayed until 1 yr later, save more, then can buy more!

haiyo, i more stressed abt seating plans and balancing demands/questions/madness all around.

same same, honeymoon is delayed because the 2 most major things happening at same time; wedding and new house.

me i'm the eldest child of the eldest child of my grandma. my dad is like no.1 importance in his family, so its hard for me to not have wedding dinner, plus he is towkay, so his company ppl aka my colleagues have to be invited. but i'm ok with it la, take it as a once in a lifetime celebration lor. i already had a very quiet ROM with just his immediate family and mine at the ROM itself.

原来你是大小姐,

大小姐你好! !

no la, 40k reno excluding furnitures/appliances etc..

same same, honeymoon is delayed because the 2 most major things happening at same time; wedding and new house.

原来你是大小姐,

大小姐你好! !

neo, you forgot to add in "q1ian jin" in front of 大小姐... :D

hihi, thanks! i'll check with the uncle who hired the carpenter, cos i dun have the carpenter's number. u intend to do the entire kitchen or just a tall cabinet.

me staying on the other side of yew tee, where cck crescent is. there are cooking & baking classes? where?

yayaya i hear of such stories before. i hear ppl receive empty angpow also, think was my sis-in-law. i booked my banquet last september, but this yr when they suddenly want to have more tables than maximum capacity, i tried calling all the major hotels, and they were all fully booked. :(

hehe, i leave that to my parents, i dunwan to get involved man... u noe la, sure got internal conflicts like this aunt cannot sit with tt aunt, this person must sit here, sit there. i once read an advice saying "there're 4 corners in a usual ballroom, make use of them!"

Baking classes (1 bun/bread + 1 cake/puff/pie) usually conducted at Phoon Huat with $10 voucher that allowing U to use up within 3mths.

The other baking/cooking classes will b at CCs but U must know which CC to go & which chef or teacher is GD in cooking/baking :)

Too bad that U've NOT using yr oven yet orelse, got MORE question to ask U ie What will happen to yr upper cabinet if U use d oven everyday ?

BTW, since yr oven is d built-in oven, whr is d plug ??? Behind d oven as I cldn't see d plug in yr picture.

Cool wedding dinner! I have super traditional parents and parents in law. Boh pian, Wedding dinner is a must do or else dun get married. :bleah:

Enjoy ur wedding, having a smaller venue can be good as it can be easier to manage. :notti:

hehe, how was ur wedding dinner like?

原来你是大小姐,

大小姐你好! !

r u serious??? where's urs???? mine's at hyatt, one of the smaller rooms. sekali u also same place. hahaha

neo, you forgot to add in "q1ian jin" in front of 大小姐... :D
paiseh paiseh, no laaa. i'm still maid/servant to many dogs, u noe the nightly massages, the whining for food. hahaha

Baking classes (1 bun/bread + 1 cake/puff/pie) usually conducted at Phoon Huat with $10 voucher that allowing U to use up within 3mths.

The other baking/cooking classes will b at CCs but U must know which CC to go & which chef or teacher is GD in cooking/baking :)

Too bad that U've NOT using yr oven yet orelse, got MORE question to ask U ie What will happen to yr upper cabinet if U use d oven everyday ?

BTW, since yr oven is d built-in oven, whr is d plug ??? Behind d oven as I cldn't see d plug in yr picture.

cool, maybe when i move there i'll check them out. i didn't know got phoon huat there!

i not sure abt upper cabinet leh, but my mum in law uses her oven very often and her upp cabinet no problem. as for the plug, i asked my electrician to drill a hole through upper cabinet, pull the cable through, plug into a switch. just nice i going over tonight, i try to take picture to show u.

yayaya i hear of such stories before. i hear ppl receive empty angpow also, think was my sis-in-law.

one other person is me lor...i received one angpow inside is $20 plus GV popcorn combo voucher..... :curse: AND the best thing is, it's from a relative....cos mum make special note when rec'd the angpow from this relative n rmb. AND the best thing of all is this relative is **** rich lor.... :curse:

one other person is me lor...i received one angpow inside is $20 plus GV popcorn combo voucher..... :curse: AND the best thing is, it's from a relative....cos mum make special note when rec'd the angpow from this relative n rmb. AND the best thing of all is this relative is **** rich lor.... :curse:
... i'm speechless. GV popcorn combo voucher?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

at least yours still got money inside, maybe tats how the rich gets richer lor. i heard of a friend's case where the red packet inside is stuff with newspapers... :jawdrop: