Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

yippee.. bought this yesterday from Robinsons!

Prepara Chef's Center - cookbook holder. it has a protective plastic cover over the cookbook, 360 swivel lazy susan base, pull out conversion chart!

tmb_cookbook.jpg

cool! how much is it? looks like the trip to robinson is more or less fixed for me!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Final reno bill in.... aircon, hacking/disposal, electrical, gate, doors, glass, tiles, paint, granite top (blah blah blah), flooring, plumbing, ceiling, carpentry, tiling, labour, transport etc etc etc etc etc...

around $60k. Uncle S just went through a very detailed breakdown with me. I was actually prepared for a higher amount, but still, please excuse me while i go faint in a corner of my office.

First time in my life I see such a big bill, of course the next one would be when I check out of the hotel after the wedding banquet.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

juz Reno alone? Furniture, appliances haven add in?

cool! how much is it? looks like the trip to robinson is more or less fixed for me!
err $69.95. i was holding it very tightly and telling hubby "I really really really want this." hahaha, so he bo bian take out his wallet and buy for me. :P

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

juz Reno alone? Furniture, appliances haven add in?

reno only. yup. but my wood flooring alone is around 10k liao. den i did a lot a lot of carpentry, some of the laminates i chose are rather pricey. so a bit here a bit there, tt's y the price is as such.

err $69.95. i was holding it very tightly and telling hubby "I really really really want this." hahaha, so he bo bian take out his wallet and buy for me. :P

reno only. yup. but my wood flooring alone is around 10k liao. den i did a lot a lot of carpentry, some of the laminates i chose are rather pricey. so a bit here a bit there, tt's y the price is as such.

*ouch*

tats very painful....

ya, my hubby was like SUE 3M!!!!! hahahaha nvm la, my mum forgave me, and we're on the lookout for a similar clock. phew, but still heartache.

ummm.. so did u manage to impress any girls? hehehe. guitar not easy leh, maybe u can show off ur skills at ur open house if u have one.

impress any girls? yes, i did. just one. she's from military band back then - and i impressed her, my wife without blowing any musical instruments. ha

Final reno bill in.... aircon, hacking/disposal, electrical, gate, doors, glass, tiles, paint, granite top (blah blah blah), flooring, plumbing, ceiling, carpentry, tiling, labour, transport etc etc etc etc etc...

around $60k. Uncle S just went through a very detailed breakdown with me. I was actually prepared for a higher amount, but still, please excuse me while i go faint in a corner of my office.

First time in my life I see such a big bill, of course the next one would be when I check out of the hotel after the wedding banquet.

60k and expecting higher! am sure you all have come well prepared for the reno huh

i die die must capped it at 40k for this reno alone, otherwise it spells trouble!

hey, doing your wedding dinner too this year huh?

same here... one **** of a hectic time isn't it

hai, really crossing my fingers that banquet can break even man...

when's your big day?

*feeling dizzy*

another 10k for wood flooring.

i am even prepared to skip the 2k laminate flooring in the rooms for now! haha..

hey, doing your wedding dinner too this year huh?

same here... one **** of a hectic time isn't it

hai, really crossing my fingers that banquet can break even man...

when's your big day?

haha, ya, i'm hoping to at least break even. :P my big day is 13 Nov, you??

cap at 40k including ur furniture/sanitaryware?

haha, ya, i'm hoping to at least break even. :P my big day is 13 Nov, you??

cap at 40k including ur furniture/sanitaryware?

Congrats on yr wedding! Don worry la, banquet dinner mostly break even one, unlikely to suffer lost.. My fren got profit of 10k fr the dinner!

Congrats on yr wedding! Don worry la, banquet dinner mostly break even one, unlikely to suffer lost.. My fren got profit of 10k fr the dinner!

Ur friend shiok hor, i jus breakeven and that's cos friends give more....relatives all make me lose $$ :(

Ur friend shiok hor, i jus breakeven and that's cos friends give more....relatives all make me lose $$ :(

so moral of the story, invite more friends and less relatives.... :D

thanks! haha, i hope so lor, any profit will offset my reno costs. :P honeymoon is delayed until 1 yr later, save more, then can buy more!

haiyo, i more stressed abt seating plans and balancing demands/questions/madness all around.

funny lor, it's cos of the relatives that's the reason for the banquet in the first place lor...face issue....

funny lor, it's cos of the relatives that's the reason for the banquet in the first place lor...face issue....

so moral of the story, dun hold any banquet like me.... :D

so moral of the story, dun hold any banquet like me.... :D

aiya, i would if i can....i was the first grandchild on my side to get married so face issue...elders wan me to hv dinner...my hubby is the only son in the family...so another die die need to hv dinner for the relative....in the end...high expenses, very tired, all to entertained the old folks...our folks are fine but it's the relatives tat made it a no choice...either that or hv our folks subject to all the gossips....we being fillial children, got to do our part lor...

if given me a choice...i would hv a small quiet dinner jus for close friends and family. it's an occasion to celebrate within ourselves....the others, they are jus there for show....haiz....too bad we hv too many long-tongued relatives so dinner is a must.... :(

not say no good memories lah, we had a great time as well but would prefer something simpler if there was a choice.

ok ranting over... :lol:

aiya, i would if i can....i was the first grandchild on my side to get married so face issue...elders wan me to hv dinner...my hubby is the only son in the family...so another die die need to hv dinner for the relative....in the end...high expenses, very tired, all to entertained the old folks...our folks are fine but it's the relatives tat made it a no choice...either that or hv our folks subject to all the gossips....we being fillial children, got to do our part lor...

if given me a choice...i would hv a small quiet dinner jus for close friends and family. it's an occasion to celebrate within ourselves....the others, they are jus there for show....haiz....too bad we hv too many long-tongued relatives so dinner is a must.... :(

not say no good memories lah, we had a great time as well but would prefer something simpler if there was a choice.

ok ranting over... :lol:

i am the only son but tats what i did, a small quiet dinner jus for close friends and family. had some minor objections from my parents but i bo chup...more worried abt my wife's side but they lagi understanding, heng ar... :dancingqueen:

i am the only son but tats what i did, a small quiet dinner jus for close friends and family. had some minor objections from my parents but i bo chup...more worried abt my wife's side but they lagi understanding, heng ar... :dancingqueen:

ya lor u very heng lor....u hv to thank god for it... :D

well, mine over n done with long ago....7 yrs in fact...hahahaha...so can only rant...