Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

hey pink, sounds like you're having a bit of trouble w/your citygas heater...omg i pray i won't face the same problem...

let us know how you manage to solve it k? :)

i shall solve it by slapping the heater left right centre. :P hahahaha.

hey pinkitini,

we used to get water which was either too hot or too cold also.

have u tried to adjust the setting at the heater from "High" to "Low"?

it worked for us, now we get warm water for showering. :)

thanks for the advice, i go try tonight. so sian, this few evenings got to be at the house, so bo bian, shower with the lousy water pressure.

going to subscribe to starhub home hubbers pack today! cable tv, here i comeeeee....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i shall solve it by slapping the heater left right centre. :P hahahaha.

thanks for the advice, i go try tonight. so sian, this few evenings got to be at the house, so bo bian, shower with the lousy water pressure.

going to subscribe to starhub home hubbers pack today! cable tv, here i comeeeee....

i also gonna subscribe to the starhub home hubbers pack.....when we finally get to move in, that is.

AFC!! :D

i also gonna subscribe to the starhub home hubbers pack.....when we finally get to move in, that is.

AFC!! :D

yes!! hehehe. i just called starhub and subscribed, they'll be delivering the modem & set-top box to my home this saturday. can start watching immediately. yippee!!

dun forget the new food channel with free 2 weeks viewing starting 5 jul. hehe.

yes!! hehehe. i just called starhub and subscribed, they'll be delivering the modem & set-top box to my home this saturday. can start watching immediately. yippee!!

since on this topic..

my current place recently signed up for Mio cause installation free and sort and because starhub lost the viewing rights for the sports channel.

using Mio to watch the standard def channels like 5, 8 and CNA.. i must say the pictures are really crisp clear and looks like watching a LED!

is definitely not the case when i switched back to watch the channels on starhub

so thinking Mio like not bad..

but then... I LOVE MY MYTHBUSTERS!

got new food channel ah? is it included with the AFC channel?

got new food channel ah? is it included with the AFC channel?
its included if u got lifestyle basic group :D

Singapore, 23 June 2010 – Foodies will now have another reason to rejoice as StarHub announces the launch of Food Network Asia (StarHub TV Channel 433) on its pay TV platform starting 5 July 2010. Singapore’s leading pay TV operator, in partnership with Scripps Networks Interactive, will be the first carrier in Asia to broadcast this channel.

Come 5 July (6am), all StarHub TV customers will be able to enjoy Food Network Asia for free for a period of two weeks ending 19 July (6am). Customers can tune to StarHub TV Channel 433 to enjoy this free preview. Food Network Asia will be available under StarHub TV’s Lifestyle Basic Group at no additional cost for customers who are already subscribed to this group. Alongside this linear channel, Food Network Asia will also be made available in high definition[1] via Food Network Asia HD (StarHub TV Channel 468).

Viewers can look forward to a lineup of highly rated series from all over the world. From the highly acclaimed Food Network Challenge, to the adventurous Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corwin, and even the culinary journeys of Luke Nguyen’s Vietnam, there is something to cater to all food lovers. In addition, original programming such as Best Street Food In Asia and Fun At 3am will be aired to provide more flavour to the channel.

since on this topic..

my current place recently signed up for Mio cause installation free and sort and because starhub lost the viewing rights for the sports channel.

using Mio to watch the standard def channels like 5, 8 and CNA.. i must say the pictures are really crisp clear and looks like watching a LED!

is definitely not the case when i switched back to watch the channels on starhub

so thinking Mio like not bad..

but then... I LOVE MY MYTHBUSTERS!

ooh, mythbusters, used to see on discovery channel. i seldom watch soccer liao, tt's y its not a very important factor when choosing between starhub & mio. in the end is starhub cos got much more shows i wanna watch, plus the 星光大道 and occasional dramas on the chinese channels.

i very very long no watch ch 5 & 8 alr. hahaha. u shld see blu-ray on a full HD lcd tv, the effect is WAHHHHH, me & hubby felt very suaku when we first tried with transformers, SO CLEAR!!!

its included if u got lifestyle basic group :D

Singapore, 23 June 2010 – Foodies will now have another reason to rejoice as StarHub announces the launch of Food Network Asia (StarHub TV Channel 433) on its pay TV platform starting 5 July 2010. Singapore's leading pay TV operator, in partnership with Scripps Networks Interactive, will be the first carrier in Asia to broadcast this channel.

Come 5 July (6am), all StarHub TV customers will be able to enjoy Food Network Asia for free for a period of two weeks ending 19 July (6am). Customers can tune to StarHub TV Channel 433 to enjoy this free preview. Food Network Asia will be available under StarHub TV's Lifestyle Basic Group at no additional cost for customers who are already subscribed to this group. Alongside this linear channel, Food Network Asia will also be made available in high definition[1] via Food Network Asia HD (StarHub TV Channel 468).

Viewers can look forward to a lineup of highly rated series from all over the world. From the highly acclaimed Food Network Challenge, to the adventurous Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corwin, and even the culinary journeys of Luke Nguyen's Vietnam, there is something to cater to all food lovers. In addition, original programming such as Best Street Food In Asia and Fun At 3am will be aired to provide more flavour to the channel.

ooooh sounds exciting. gosh can't wait for my own cable tv fix. long time no cable tv at home liao... :(

ahhh, cannot wait for mine cable to come. I hv not apply yet but confirm getting home hubber pack too. AND hubby agree to AFC...woohoo yippee~!

ooooh sounds exciting. gosh can't wait for my own cable tv fix. long time no cable tv at home liao... :(
haha, we're all going to become potato couches alr.

ahhh, cannot wait for mine cable to come. I hv not apply yet but confirm getting home hubber pack too. AND hubby agree to AFC...woohoo yippee~!
hehe, did u agree to cook with the recipes u'll be learning from the channel?? :P

maybe here's smth that can help, my numerous questions to the starhub sales hotline. haha.

home hubber pack will be $59.92/mth. for cable, add $4/mth for the normal set-top box ($12/mth for the 2nd box). there is a complimentary 6 months upgrade to basic plus group, after that, they'll automatically bill u additional $7/mth, unless u call to opt out of basic plus. for broadband, they'll provide a free wired modem. for mobile broadband, u dun need to buy the USB stick if ur laptop has this HSDPA slot which can insert SIM card. if u need to buy, the USB stick price starts from $68. for homeline, if urs is a totally new number, there's a $42.80 activation fee, u can ask the sales ppl to read u a selection of phone numbers, easy to remember numbers = more money, so get normal one if u not picky. the homeline is connected to ur modem. installation, the sales person told me quite easy, can DIY install, if dunno how to do, just call their technical hotline. or if u need them to install, there's a charge of $53.50. billing will commence 2 weeks after the activation of services. hehe, hope this info can help the ppl who intend to get it. they are pretty fast, just need to order 4 working days in advance, i called yesterday, and they'll deliver this saturday!

what are the time slots for the show huh? i have the channel, but seldom watch...
which show? starhub got the tv schedule on their site. btw, did u manage to check out the prices for hansgrohe?

which show? starhub got the tv schedule on their site. btw, did u manage to check out the prices for hansgrohe?

the afc programs. Ya I went down n bought le. Price abt the same. Burn big hole in pocket....

haha, we're all going to become potato couches alr.

hehe, did u agree to cook with the recipes u'll be learning from the channel?? :P

maybe here's smth that can help, my numerous questions to the starhub sales hotline. haha.

home hubber pack will be $59.92/mth. for cable, add $4/mth for the normal set-top box ($12/mth for the 2nd box). there is a complimentary 6 months upgrade to basic plus group, after that, they'll automatically bill u additional $7/mth, unless u call to opt out of basic plus. for broadband, they'll provide a free wired modem. for mobile broadband, u dun need to buy the USB stick if ur laptop has this HSDPA slot which can insert SIM card. if u need to buy, the USB stick price starts from $68. for homeline, if urs is a totally new number, there's a $42.80 activation fee, u can ask the sales ppl to read u a selection of phone numbers, easy to remember numbers = more money, so get normal one if u not picky. the homeline is connected to ur modem. installation, the sales person told me quite easy, can DIY install, if dunno how to do, just call their technical hotline. or if u need them to install, there's a charge of $53.50. billing will commence 2 weeks after the activation of services. hehe, hope this info can help the ppl who intend to get it. they are pretty fast, just need to order 4 working days in advance, i called yesterday, and they'll deliver this saturday!

yeah, agree. already am a couch potato with my HK dramas. :lol:

I jus say we hv 4 basic group. one for him, one for me, one for son and one more AXN. he ask me i got time to watch meh, i say find time lor. :lol:

thanks for the info, it's great! so u DIY the homeline installation?

the afc programs. Ya I went down n bought le. Price abt the same. Burn big hole in pocket....
hahaha, hansgrohe ma, sure very big hole one. afc u can refer to their website: http://www.asianfoodchannel.com/

yeah, agree. already am a couch potato with my HK dramas. :lol:

I jus say we hv 4 basic group. one for him, one for me, one for son and one more AXN. he ask me i got time to watch meh, i say find time lor. :lol:

thanks for the info, it's great! so u DIY the homeline installation?

goodness, wat happen to my 'england'. hahaha. yes couch potatoes, dunno y i go say potato couches, must be still dreaming now. :P :P

my dream kitchen in future will have a tv inside that i can view while cooking, hahaha. can tape cooking shows and use as a guide while preparing meals. hehehe. for cable, i chose the 4 basic groups - entertainment, education, lifestyle & chinese entertainment

yes, going to DIY the installation. i ask the sales person to read me the phone numbers then i choose. hahaha.

Edited by pinktini

my dream kitchen in future will have a tv inside that i can view while cooking, hahaha. can tape cooking shows and use as a guide while preparing meals. hehehe. for cable, i chose the 4 basic groups - entertainment, education, lifestyle & chinese entertainment

Wouldn't your TV screen be very oily? My mum also like the idea of having a TV installed near the cooking area such that she can watch TV while she cooks. I got a TV in my kitchen perviously and the cooking area is a distance from the TV screen. So far, she is happy with the arrangement of having the TV but the TV only lasted for 3 years. Anyway, I think this is already good enough.