Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

el nino: hehe, ur company so good, in line with the govt's msg arh. shld have more of such days right?? gimme more public holidays pls.

samgalz: ur reno haven't start, so no pic to show show hor. :P

ossify: okok, my hubby so busy today with meetings, havent had time to discuss with him yet. zzz. but how fast can the appointments and installations take?

appointment 1 hour.

installation 4 hours.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
part of my wardrobe area up with laminates

IMG_0227.JPG

hey babe, noticed your have a glass door with wooden frame above. mind sharing how much you paid for this?

btw, jealous of your ample storage!! :P

el nino: hehe, ur company so good, in line with the govt's msg arh. shld have more of such days right?? gimme more public holidays pls.

samgalz: ur reno haven't start, so no pic to show show hor. :P

ossify: okok, my hubby so busy today with meetings, havent had time to discuss with him yet. zzz. but how fast can the appointments and installations take?

haven lor, by the time the vanity top is up u already moved into urs. :(

hey babe, noticed your have a glass door with wooden frame above. mind sharing how much you paid for this?

btw, jealous of your ample storage!! :P

ossify: ok, thanks!

lilithfiend: ehhhh, i also dunno leh. i check with uncle S next week and let u noe k? cos all these stuff and prices he check and approve one. hehe, ya, a lot of storage, but in future if wan sell the place sure headache, need like-minded shopaholic ppl who will appreciate the wardrobe area. ;)

samgalz: dun sad, u getting ur keys in a few days time!! den u can start transforming the place alr. :D :D

Edited by pinktini

ossify: ok, thanks!

lilithfiend: ehhhh, i also dunno leh. i check with uncle S next week and let u noe k? cos all these stuff and prices he check and approve one. hehe, ya, a lot of storage, but in future if wan sell the place sure headache, need like-minded shopaholic ppl who will appreciate the wardrobe area. ;)

samgalz: dun sad, u getting ur keys in a few days time!! den u can start transforming the place alr. :D:D

haha i doubt you'll have trouble finding people who are shopaholics, esp in singapore.

sam: didn't notice u getting ur keys on Monday! you must be so excited hor!! :D congrats congrats...

haha i doubt you'll have trouble finding people who are shopaholics, esp in singapore.

sam: didn't notice u getting ur keys on Monday! you must be so excited hor!! :D congrats congrats...

Mrs Lilith, dun say too soon. skali samy jie's sellers ask for extension or delay to move out how? :P

Samy jie, ur contractor apply reno permit yet?

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

Mrs Lilith, dun say too soon. skali samy jie's sellers ask for extension or delay to move out how? :P

Samy jie, ur contractor apply reno permit yet?

el nino: wah liao u make me sound v.old leh! Mrs Lilith... :rofl: and sam will tell u touch wood lor! she must be so eagerly waiting for Monday..i think one of the few people who's actually looking forward for the weekend to be over.

Pinktini & Lilith: thanks, am looking forward to it :) In fact got the seller to give keys tmr cos mon morning HDB tech officers coming for inspection of the cracks.

El: Choy~! touch wood! anyway, seller shifted yesterday... :D Permit can only apply on monday cos seller dun wan help us.... :angry:

Pinktini & Lilith: thanks, am looking forward to it :) In fact got the seller to give keys tmr cos mon morning HDB tech officers coming for inspection of the cracks.

El: Choy~! touch wood! anyway, seller shifted yesterday... :D Permit can only apply on monday cos seller dun wan help us.... :angry:

ahh, tt's good. :) shall look forward to ur reno-in-progress pics soon!

some sellers not very friendly one. mine also kept delaying the process and wanting to extend appt dates etc. but at least they did a spring cleaning of their place before handing it over. make sure they change their addresses!! until now i still get their mail and its been 5 months since i got my key. -_-"

After reading through so many t-blogs, I've decided to set up my very own too. Feel free to leave comments for me! Now, bear with me as I write about how we managed to find our very first home.

My hubby and I first decided to start looking around for resale flats in Jun 09, after being disappointed yet again by our balloting results. Even though I wished to stay around Ang Mo Kio/Bishan/Yishun, which is near my current place (so as to be near to my parents), we couldn't afford high COVs and the cost of the flats in the area. Especially since we're preparing for our wedding later this year, the expenses are really scary. So we decided to look for flats nearer to the hubby's current place. We started going through all the property websites, newspapers, making calls, some scared us off with their requests of COV of $40k, but we managed to shortlist a few viewings.

On our first day of viewing, we were led to many 5yo flats in the Yew Tee area, but we didn't like the layout and size (110sqm). By a stroke of luck, one of the co-agents mentioned there's another unit across the road which is bigger (124sqm), the block of flats are about 11yo. So he made a call to see if the owner would allow us in for a viewing. So we went and it was on the 14th floor. We loved the size and location, it was a corner unit beside the lifts, with no left/right neighbours. They were asking for $20k COV. But being the first day, we thought we might fall in love with other units we view later on. So the process dragged on for another 1 - 2 weeks and after another 20 units or so, we were exhausted and found ourselves comparing every flat we viewed to the unit we liked. So we decided to make an offer for that unit. Sadly, the owner decided he no longer wanted to sell his flat. But luck was on our side when another agent brought us for a viewing in the same block, same corner, just one floor down (#13)! They were also asking for $20k COV, but their valuation was expired. We made an offer which amounted to $15K COV based on their valuation, which they accepted. YEA! Now, that's not the best part, the new valuation came back a week later and the price had gone up by $12K, effectively reducing our COV to $3K. DOUBLE YEA!

That was the first week of July, the sellers wanted to drag the appointments, which we agreed to, and our first appointment was set for 16 Oct 09. During the whole process, there was some unhappiness with another agent who was working with mine, the usual commission thing and making decisions without consulting us, but that doesn't matter, we stood our ground, refused to pay an extra cent and managed to secure our 2nd appointment for 21 Dec 09. Could have been earlier (26 Nov), but the sellers still wanted more time, which we gave in again. We're trying to accumulate good karma, so that the reno will go well, hahahaha. Just kidding. FINALLY, we got our keys and now, we're on the lookout for ID/renovation firms. We've been to 3 so far and meeting 1 more this coming Sunday. Hopefully things will go fine. Seems like we'll need a major overhaul of the place and we don't exactly have a big budget.

Here's the original floorplan, the balcony and yard no longer exist, it's been leveled and combined with the rest of the place. I'll post up some pics of the pre-renovated place soon!

3719629805_f1928992a9.jpg

Congrats on your new home! This is a good deal. Nice price, nice layout. I like the study which can be converted to a proper room with good ventilation. Dont worry about the place. Anywhere in Singapore is safe & accessible. Wish & hubby all the best.

Im downgrading & looking out for a 4rm flat in Sembawang. You're right, COV around here is stiff. But my 2 elder kids are studying in Woodlands & the youngest in Semb. When you have schooling kids its harder to choose flats. :) Wish me luck too.

infinitie: ooh, u can consider calling everjoint for their price, i got it at $358. not sure if it's cheaper compared to other places. actually i didn't know what the LED light is for, I just buy fan w/o doing research. haha, thanks for telling me wat its for.

Hi Pinktini, thanks for your info.

Looks like price was comparable as Parisilk, we were quoted $360.

Have you try it, how's was the performance?

Miss_YB: Good luck! Hope you'll find an ideal flat. :)

infinitie: can't really comment, cos i haven't moved in and used the fan proper yet. but it seems alright so far, the few times i switched it on when i'm at the house, using the default speed cos i left the remote at home.

Edited by pinktini

ahh, tt's good. :) shall look forward to ur reno-in-progress pics soon!

some sellers not very friendly one. mine also kept delaying the process and wanting to extend appt dates etc. but at least they did a spring cleaning of their place before handing it over. make sure they change their addresses!! until now i still get their mail and its been 5 months since i got my key. -_-"

took a look yesterday after i collected the keys from my agent. had a little hiccup. anyway went to open the door with my in-laws and everyone commented how the seller could stay at such a dirty house. they din spring clean for me. :(

but still look forward to the house officially under our name. :D

Edited by samgalz

Miss_YB: Good luck! Hope you'll find an ideal flat. :)

infinitie: can't really comment, cos i haven't moved in and used the fan proper yet. but it seems alright so far, the few times i switched it on when i'm at the house, using the default speed cos i left the remote at home.

glad to hear that.. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I need some advice. Where would you place the toilet roll holder if you were me? The shower area on the left of the WC will have a glass wall installed on top of the curb.

IMG_0225.JPG