Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

samples of laminates we selected, the white floral pattern is for feature wall in the living room.

4507246847_5e3706948c.jpg

cant wait to see yr finised featured wall.. we have selected the same laminate for our feature wall too...

I have the same floral laminate for our tv feature wall too :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmm, ok, keeping all these in mind while making decision, thanks! :) i agree that ya, i wouldn't put my hot pots on the top no matter what material.

white would def look nice for my kitchen & bathroom too. but ultimately, its smth my hubby & i would have to agree on, no point if i wan solid surface and he wans granite, so now i'm like a lawyer lor, preparing my notes to build up a case on the pros & cons of both the materials. hehehe. i think the main concern now is the cost. bank really running dry.

How about having both, maybe for kitchen, solid surface and for vanity granite, or vice versa. Good granite and solid surface is around the same pricing, so just go with the best fit for usage purpose.

Personally I like indian granite like black galaxy and using them cos I had a pretty okie price with it. but that is me. :P

I'm using black granite for kitchen top and tempered glass top for vanity.

Wah, now i know y sammy's reno cost $$++ after the 3d came up. LOL. :P

sazeryn: i changed my feature wall laminate to camomile. hehe, no idea how it will turn out cos the catalog is only one small piece. so just have to hope that my taste is not tt lousy.

zelly: yup, i'm checking ard for prices today. shld decide soon, cos i do wan my kitchen cabinet and bathroom ready soon!!

samgalz: nv thot of tempered glass top. hmm.. but my problem is that i have a drop down. so solid surface seems ideal cos can bend.

Samy jie: the tempered glass top for vanity is the one that came with the basin u bought from GR link izit?

Pinktini: i use Corian solid white top for kitchen wet/prep zone. Granite indian black galaxy for kitchen cook zone. Acelite solid white top for vanity in MBR. :D

Samy jie: the tempered glass top for vanity is the one that came with the basin u bought from GR link izit?

Pinktini: i use Corian solid white top for kitchen wet/prep zone. Granite indian black galaxy for kitchen cook zone. Acelite solid white top for vanity in MBR. :D

nono u go take picture show pinktini lah.. like tat visual say 1000 words liao.

nono u go take picture show pinktini lah.. like tat visual say 1000 words liao.

weiii...what nono??? 8|8|8|

hah! will post pics at my Anfield in awhile. today office holiday mood. zz

weiii...what nono??? 8|8|8|

hah! will post pics at my Anfield in awhile. today office holiday mood. zz

hahaha, today i also holiday mood. thinking of how late i can sleep in tomorrow. yeaaaa!

:good: solve all the problems! no scare water stain or scratches :thumbs up:

hahaha, today i also holiday mood. thinking of how late i can sleep in tomorrow. yeaaaa!

yeah man...some more today is "Eat With Your Family Day" :huh:

Get to go home at 5pm :dancingqueen:

Joleena: u knew my intentions and rationale! haha...:P

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

Wah, now i know y sammy's reno cost $$++ after the 3d came up. LOL. :P

no lah, this was already in my initial quote of $25K+ the $$++ was the extra flooring.

pinktini: i aso nv thought of tempered glass top and was even wary of it. my contractor, Edmund recommended it. seems like he like to recommend this for bathroom cos a showflat we saw aso did the same.

El: no it's not. That one is for my common toilet though that is also tempered glass top :D this one which i mentioned is customised by Edmund's for my MBR toilet vanity cabinet.

Edited by samgalz

hihi, thanks for replying to my email. :) i'm still discussing with the hubby on wat materials to use. for granite, if proper sealing is done, then water shldn't be able to seep through right?

for my bathroom cabinet, problem is, my design has a drop down to the basin area, and i think solid surface is the only one that can bend to make a curved surface?

no matter how you seal, silicone doesn't last forever :)

How about having both, maybe for kitchen, solid surface and for vanity granite, or vice versa. Good granite and solid surface is around the same pricing, so just go with the best fit for usage purpose.

Personally I like indian granite like black galaxy and using them cos I had a pretty okie price with it. but that is me. :P

btw, just wondering how much you think is good granite and good solid surface?

el nino: hehe, ur company so good, in line with the govt's msg arh. shld have more of such days right?? gimme more public holidays pls.

samgalz: ur reno haven't start, so no pic to show show hor. :P

ossify: okok, my hubby so busy today with meetings, havent had time to discuss with him yet. zzz. but how fast can the appointments and installations take?

btw, just wondering how much you think is good granite and good solid surface?

I dunno, about 100++ pfr?