Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

i saw some plastic floor protectors at IKEA the other day ... but they were too big to fit between the floor space i had ... there was what i wanted to do initially but i'm also considering a rug now too.

yeah ... shifting in of those stuff ... got to watch the delivery men very carefully ... risk of dirtying or damaging walls and flooring. The really professional ones will measure everything including turning radius before they start shifting the things ....

the plastic floor protectors cannot be trimmed to size? i prefer rug cos i like the soft soft feeling underneath my feet. :)

ok, thanks for the advice, i shall keep both eyes on them when they deliver my stuff. heehee.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
haha, i also just posted in ur t-blog bout the fridge. we got different colours. shopping is fun, but i dread to see the bill. we only put the bed on installment, the rest we paid in full. heartache.

hmm, the bed cos we chose their middle range. the lowest end one king-size about 1k+. we were initially aiming for simmons celestine bed which was abt $4124, but kept dragging cos can't bear to spend so much. this bed was very comfy for me and is almost $2k less, so we thot, why not? :)

Agree with you in terms of paying for all purchases by cash instead of instalment. I bought a King Size wooden bed (quite solid) for $350 with installation at Harvey Norman Warehouse sale recently, mattress not included. I am following your thread closely and probably will go to Courts to shop for items when my house is ready.

Agree with you in terms of paying for all purchases by cash instead of instalment. I bought a King Size wooden bed (quite solid) for $350 with installation at Harvey Norman Warehouse sale recently, mattress not included. I am following your thread closely and probably will go to Courts to shop for items when my house is ready.

if you're looking at electronics, i'd recommend checking out prices at places such as everjoint, mega discount store etc. let me know if you need the phone number or prices of any of the appliances i bought. i'm intending to head to hommage to check out their bedframes, they say lowest one is priced at $399. :)

if you're looking at electronics, i'd recommend checking out prices at places such as everjoint, mega discount store etc. let me know if you need the phone number or prices of any of the appliances i bought. i'm intending to head to hommage to check out their bedframes, they say lowest one is priced at $399. :)

Will probably need to purchase the items for the house when my house renovation has been completed. It is still some months away from completion. Not sure what to buy and what specifications should I look for. Will check with you later. :)

am trying to recover from shock (and a sprained back, think the reno is taking its toll on me alr)..

my carpentry quote is around $20K!!! Uncle S said too ex, he told the carpenters to go re-do the quote. I'm doing a feature wall for TV, store cabinet, kitchen cabinets, walk-in-wardrobe, shoe cabinet and some simple shelves in recessed areas.

At this rate, I'm going to cancel out the feature wall and shoe cabinet. Just buy ready made ones. :bleah:

am trying to recover from shock (and a sprained back, think the reno is taking its toll on me alr)..

my carpentry quote is around $20K!!! Uncle S said too ex, he told the carpenters to go re-do the quote. I'm doing a feature wall for TV, store cabinet, kitchen cabinets, walk-in-wardrobe, shoe cabinet and some simple shelves in recessed areas.

At this rate, I'm going to cancel out the feature wall and shoe cabinet. Just buy ready made ones. :bleah:

:o $20k for carpentry? omg, that's almost the cost of my entire reno! they use solid wood all over ah? my gosh.

:o $20k for carpentry? omg, that's almost the cost of my entire reno! they use solid wood all over ah? my gosh.

dunno leh. Uncle S waiting for official quote to come in, he's chasing them for it. he told me right now, the major items in my bill is the wood flooring which is abt $10k and the carpentry. So from what he told me, including painting, air-con, plumbing, electrical, i think my bill should be around high $20k to low $30k as of now.

sigh, wait for the official quote then decide where to cut down ba.

had a more slow-paced weekend finally. the first since the reno started in april.

went with the hubby to the sia huat warehouse sale at pandan road on saturday. it was raining, but there were still many people around. guess singaporeans can nv resist the call of bargains. :D we managed to find a few good buys, crystal drinking glasses @ $5 each, 10 pairs of chopsticks with the metal end @ $10, good solid safico spoons/forks/knives/teaspoons ranging from $13-$26 for a dozen, a pitcher which has a tube for freezing water in the middle etc etc.

also went to IMM to purchase our stainless steel bar and rack for the kitchen from song-cho. den brought our 2 hamsters to the vet. they had fur mites. one of them was in very bad condition and had to be put to sleep. :~ the other had an injection and i'm quarantining him in a separate cage from my other hammies.

yesterday, we went to the life shop, manhattan collection and hommage. eventually we settled our king-size bedframe at hommage for a very affordable price. it has 2 huge cushions on the headrest which can be removed and washed. best part is that the cloth for the entire bedframe can be changed easily, we can always purchase another set of covers from Eric.

wanted to take pics of the house, but i cldn't stay in the house for more than a few minutes. they had just varnished the floors, and the fumes are overly-choking. my eyes stung after a min in the house. guess i'll have to wait for this coming fri before there are new pics up.

had a more slow-paced weekend finally. the first since the reno started in april.

went with the hubby to the sia huat warehouse sale at pandan road on saturday. it was raining, but there were still many people around. guess singaporeans can nv resist the call of bargains. :D we managed to find a few good buys, crystal drinking glasses @ $5 each, 10 pairs of chopsticks with the metal end @ $10, good solid safico spoons/forks/knives/teaspoons ranging from $13-$26 for a dozen, a pitcher which has a tube for freezing water in the middle etc etc.

also went to IMM to purchase our stainless steel bar and rack for the kitchen from song-cho. den brought our 2 hamsters to the vet. they had fur mites. one of them was in very bad condition and had to be put to sleep. :~ the other had an injection and i'm quarantining him in a separate cage from my other hammies.

yesterday, we went to the life shop, manhattan collection and hommage. eventually we settled our king-size bedframe at hommage for a very affordable price. it has 2 huge cushions on the headrest which can be removed and washed. best part is that the cloth for the entire bedframe can be changed easily, we can always purchase another set of covers from Eric.

wanted to take pics of the house, but i cldn't stay in the house for more than a few minutes. they had just varnished the floors, and the fumes are overly-choking. my eyes stung after a min in the house. guess i'll have to wait for this coming fri before there are new pics up.

Hey neighbour, looking forward to your new pics :)

made a visit to the house yesterday as the carpenter wanted to talk to me abt some measurements. last saturday, there was nothing, but yesterday, i saw quite a lot of stuff up. fast work!

here're my kitchen cabinets

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

store cabinet in the living room to replace the storeroom that was hacked down

IMG_0231.JPG

part of my wardrobe area up with laminates

IMG_0227.JPG

my MBR bathroom

IMG_0225.JPG

now sourcing around for either solid surface or granite vanity & kitchen worktop. decisions, decisions, decisions.

btw, take a look at this link to compare between different worktops.

http://www.natural-stone.com/granitevscorian.html

but for granite, i won't recommend it because there are seams and when the silicon wears out within 1-2 years, water will seep into the bottom cabinet and cause waterlogged cabinets. solid surface is seamless, if you want to make it look like new, just get it re-polished for a small fee. no issues with waterlogged cabinets.

Edited by ossify

but for granite, i won't recommend it because there are seams and when the silicon wears out within 1-2 years, water will seep into the bottom cabinet and cause waterlogged cabinets. solid surface is seamless, if you want to make it look like new, just get it re-polished for a small fee. no issues with waterlogged cabinets.

me oso had the same dilemma when doing the top and finally chose sold surface top too.. reasons being :

1. we wanted a clean look - granite has the porous look

2. we rather go for stain proof then scratch proof as we think more likely to spill water than scratch the top

3. agree with ossify on the re-polish part for surface top.. still can be "save" in few years time :P

4. i doubt anyone will put hot pot on their top even if it's granite.. am sure we will have those coaster meant for hot stuff on our tops.. so that part about melting, no worries :P

5. but we finally choose white instead of black cos we tried on the sample and the scratches on black is really much more obvious than white

hihi, thanks for replying to my email. :) i'm still discussing with the hubby on wat materials to use. for granite, if proper sealing is done, then water shldn't be able to seep through right?

for my bathroom cabinet, problem is, my design has a drop down to the basin area, and i think solid surface is the only one that can bend to make a curved surface?

me oso had the same dilemma when doing the top and finally chose sold surface top too.. reasons being :

1. we wanted a clean look - granite has the porous look

2. we rather go for stain proof then scratch proof as we think more likely to spill water than scratch the top

3. agree with ossify on the re-polish part for surface top.. still can be "save" in few years time :P

4. i doubt anyone will put hot pot on their top even if it's granite.. am sure we will have those coaster meant for hot stuff on our tops.. so that part about melting, no worries :P

5. but we finally choose white instead of black cos we tried on the sample and the scratches on black is really much more obvious than white

hmm, ok, keeping all these in mind while making decision, thanks! :) i agree that ya, i wouldn't put my hot pots on the top no matter what material.

white would def look nice for my kitchen & bathroom too. but ultimately, its smth my hubby & i would have to agree on, no point if i wan solid surface and he wans granite, so now i'm like a lawyer lor, preparing my notes to build up a case on the pros & cons of both the materials. hehehe. i think the main concern now is the cost. bank really running dry.

samples of laminates we selected, the white floral pattern is for feature wall in the living room.

4507246847_5e3706948c.jpg

cant wait to see yr finised featured wall.. we have selected the same laminate for our feature wall too...