Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

Congras on your new home.

I am very impressed with the design that you do on your own. I tried google sketch and I ended up very lost. Very happy to see that you have been so successful in designing and renovating your house. If you start a class on google sketch, I believe there will be people who will queue up to register.

Cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Congras on your new home.

I am very impressed with the design that you do on your own. I tried google sketch and I ended up very lost. Very happy to see that you have been so successful in designing and renovating your house. If you start a class on google sketch, I believe there will be people who will queue up to register.

Cheers!

thanks for the compliments. if u need help with sketchup, let me know. i'm not really an expert at it, but can help out with simple basic designs. :)

Hi Pinktini

Congrats to your new home! ... envy the size of ur hse..

Nice layout design that you have done up using google sketchup... I tried using that but gave up have been using floorplanner ... my reno will be starting soon :)

btw dun mind me "kpo" abit... for all the items that you are doing.. did u manage to keep ur reno cost down to below 40k?

can share?

Thanks

Hippobb

Hi Pinktini

Congrats to your new home! ... envy the size of ur hse..

Nice layout design that you have done up using google sketchup... I tried using that but gave up have been using floorplanner ... my reno will be starting soon :)

btw dun mind me "kpo" abit... for all the items that you are doing.. did u manage to keep ur reno cost down to below 40k?

can share?

Thanks

Hippobb

hihi, thanks! i also wish i can answer your qn, but even i myself don't know the cost of my reno. cos all these contractors/workers are on very good terms with my dad, long long long long longggg friends. so my dad say, do first, money talk later. :P but of cos i got to pay my dad back la.

i think i can prob find out the cost by mid-jun. i don't think it should go beyond $40k ba. i'm seriously praying hard, even got nightmare that my dad passed me the bill for $80k.

hihi, thanks! i also wish i can answer your qn, but even i myself don't know the cost of my reno. cos all these contractors/workers are on very good terms with my dad, long long long long longggg friends. so my dad say, do first, money talk later. :P but of cos i got to pay my dad back la.

i think i can prob find out the cost by mid-jun. i don't think it should go beyond $40k ba. i'm seriously praying hard, even got nightmare that my dad passed me the bill for $80k.

waaa, scary leh, not knowing what the cost will be... maybe you should get your dad to ask for a tentative price?

my parents also got a relative to help with reno work in the past, bill turned out to be more ex than the norm but my parents still felt compelled to engage him because of face issue..

So might have to be careful here to avoid any misunderstanding and unhappiness.

thanks for the concern.

but i trust that it wouldn't be an exorbitant cost. cos i've already brought up the issue a few times and they told me that it'll be around half the price of outside rates. and they wouldn't dare to incur the wrath of my dad. ;)

they got on & off show me the quotes given to them by other vendors, such as my gate/door, aircon, paint etc. so ok la, not that bad. :D

Edited by pinktini

thanks for the compliments. if u need help with sketchup, let me know. i'm not really an expert at it, but can help out with simple basic designs. :)

Thanks for your help. :)

which reminds me, when i was talking to the carpenter at the balcony area, we happened to look across the road and saw this young man in his underwear cleaning the windows. :jawdrop: OMG, i need to try to erase the image from my mind. eeeekkkkk.

Was he wearing red underwear? If yes, he must be Angteko. :P :P :P :P

Was he wearing red underwear? If yes, he must be Angteko. :P :P :P :P

haha, no leh. is black. haiyo.. i'm still trying to forget the image. brrr.

was feeling rather worried about the installation of my sanitaryware, cos when i met him on monday, i couldn't really understand the plumber, so i don't know if he knew wat i was talking about. so went down last night just to have a peace of mind.

also, initially, someone told us the length from the wall to the middle of the pipe is 4inches, so we bought our WCs in accordance to that measurement. when the plumber came, he measured and said it was 2inches!!!! Luckily, the WC we bought for the MBR bathroom was for 2 - 12inches. But the problem was with the common bathroom, difference of 3inches!!! I guess we were lucky he had an offset collar for that, any bigger, we would really have to call Sim Siang Choon to ask if can exchange or not. *phew*

MBR bathroom - he haven't put up my Hansgrohe Rain Dance. Can't wait to use it.

IMG_0193.JPG

Common bathroom - still short of the accessories to go up.

IMG_0189.JPG

MBR painted! - Our room doors in the corner

IMG_0196.JPG

Living - our wood strips are here! think they'll start overlaying today. and that's the hubby's fave light, the most expensive light in the house.

IMG_0200.JPG

Lastly... the super duper ugly gas pipes, painted in white.

IMG_0202.JPG

4594176146_0a0298cba8.jpg

my KDK V56K - the LED light they stated was useless, just a circle of light that can't lighten up any room. but expected that anyway. haha.

4594189758_3cbd2936f2_m.jpg

Hi pinktini,

Congrats on your 'sui sui' home transformation.

We are eyeing at this fan as well, understand from the seller the LED light is not meant for brighten up, it's meant for the atmosphere sensor or something like that.

just realised your bathrooms have high ceilings......or at least higher than mine..*envy*

high arh? i dunno wat's the standard height for HDB flats. actually, i don't even know the height of my flat. hahaha. :X

infinitie: ooh, u can consider calling everjoint for their price, i got it at $358. not sure if it's cheaper compared to other places. actually i didn't know what the LED light is for, I just buy fan w/o doing research. haha, thanks for telling me wat its for.