Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

Hacking should be completed tomorrow. :D The hubby bought some mineral water and biscuits for the workers yesterday. Tiling will be done next week, so i"m heading down on Thursday to speak to the contractor about tiles! Hopefully, they'll have the wooden floor samples for me to see by then!

Teak strips for the living room, study & bedroom. (no pics)

Tiles for MBR Bathroom (photos a bit dark, its very light pink wall tiles & beige floor tiles)

4517467197_a2cffcdd05.jpg

Tiles for Kitchen (white with faint stripes wall tiles & orangey tone floor tiles)

4517469455_77de7b6a15.jpg

am looking around for ovens so that i can do some baking and steak-grilling at home, mum in-law suggested Brandt, so we saw this combination oven-microwave. a shop in AMK quoted us $1.3k++, so we're thinking of heading down to Mega Discount to check out prices. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can find good deals for built-in ovens?

As for furniture and other things which aren't required during renovation, we're hoping to catch good deals during GSS!

tt's all there is to update for now. will take photos when i go down to see site on Thu! can't wait!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
am looking around for ovens so that i can do some baking and steak-grilling at home, mum in-law suggested Brandt, so we saw this combination oven-microwave. a shop in AMK quoted us $1.3k++, so we're thinking of heading down to Mega Discount to check out prices. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can find good deals for built-in ovens?

if you know which brand and model u want, u can try calling those popular neighbouthood shops such as goh ah bee/everjoint etc to ask for their prices.

if you know which brand and model u want, u can try calling those popular neighbouthood shops such as goh ah bee/everjoint etc to ask for their prices.

joseeng: actually we're not sure if the ovens we're looking at can fulfill our needs, its our first time buying an oven so i'm still trying to do research, but can't seem to find much info. there's this Brandt oven/microwave combi ME655XG and the normal Brandt oven FE811XS1. the prices I got were from Everjoint.

basically, i just need oven for baking cookies, cupcakes etc and also for grilling of meats & seafood. thought combi was good, cos no need to buy microwave alr.

joseeng: actually we're not sure if the ovens we're looking at can fulfill our needs, its our first time buying an oven so i'm still trying to do research, but can't seem to find much info. there's this Brandt oven/microwave combi ME655XG and the normal Brandt oven FE811XS1. the prices I got were from Everjoint.

basically, i just need oven for baking cookies, cupcakes etc and also for grilling of meats & seafood. thought combi was good, cos no need to buy microwave alr.

if you do not know which brand or model to buy, maybe you can visit Harvey Norman @ Millenia Walk, there is quite a number of ovens on display there. Go and feel the ovens, talk to their salesperson which i think they are quite knowledgeble, probably you can make an informed decision after tat.

if you do not know which brand or model to buy, maybe you can visit Harvey Norman @ Millenia Walk, there is quite a number of ovens on display there. Go and feel the ovens, talk to their salesperson which i think they are quite knowledgeble, probably you can make an informed decision after tat.

ok, i think i shall do that. thanks :)

Tiles arrived yesterday and tiling should start today. Rewiring also seems like its almost done. Just waiting to meet the carpenter this coming Saturday to discuss on the kitchen cabinet, feature wall, baybed & wardrobe. Also need to monitor tiling progress so I can make appointment for the CityGas people to come down and install my gas heater and maybe dryer.

The hubby and I took a day off yesterday to burn some holes in our wallets. We went to Bukit Timah Road to the Toto showroom, loved their WCs but it's 8", while we need a 4". :( Sim Siang Choon was right next to it, so we bought all the common bathroom sanitaryware & accessories from there.

Next stop, Jalan Besar to visit Hong Soon, didn't see anything we like, so off to Balestier Road. First place, the nice sliced fish steamboat place. its so yummy! Then we walked over to Home & Bathroom to buy our Hansgrohe shower, mixer & kitchen tap. Last shopping stop of the day was Ideal Bathroom, where we bought our kitchen sink, MBR bathroom WC & accessories. Total damage for the day was around $3.2k. Heartpain! :~

Bought some mineral water & snacks for the workers before heading to the house, wah, there were many many people in the house, all doing different things which is good news! Think my place should be ready by mid May, or latest end May. :D

It's been a busy weekend. Took leave on Friday and we went out to Balestier and Philips (Bt Timah) to buy our lightings. Also went to Everjoint first thing in the morning and bought my KDK V56K fan, ventilation fan, Brandt oven & my Tecno hob.

Going to the house later for light delivery. They just called at 10+ and said, i'm coming now, and i screamed NOoooooooo.... We agreed to 12:30 and I can't leave my office any time I like lor. Baa.

Will post up pics tonight!

They just called at 10+ and said, i'm coming now, and i screamed NOoooooooo.... We agreed to 12:30 and I can't leave my office any time I like lor. Baa.

Will post up pics tonight!

I like your reaction. :D

waiting for your pics!

Edited by coldflamez

I like your reaction. :D

waiting for your pics!

haha, i think some people really don't understand the meaning of 'afternoon'. another shop wanted to deliver at 11am tml, when i alr specifically requested for afternoon (and it was written on the receipt). sigh, no point taking full day off work mah.

probably was so caught up in calling all the shops to re-confirm delivery and also measuring the walls, i forgot to take pics!! will take tml when i go down to wait for delivery of my sanitaryware, oven, sink, fan etc.

here's a pic of my kitchen walls, the tiler did a pretty good job!

4559881859_95e5ce1cdb.jpg

haha, i think some people really don't understand the meaning of 'afternoon'. another shop wanted to deliver at 11am tml, when i alr specifically requested for afternoon (and it was written on the receipt). sigh, no point taking full day off work mah.

probably was so caught up in calling all the shops to re-confirm delivery and also measuring the walls, i forgot to take pics!! will take tml when i go down to wait for delivery of my sanitaryware, oven, sink, fan etc.

here's a pic of my kitchen walls, the tiler did a pretty good job!

4559881859_95e5ce1cdb.jpg

nice choice of tiles! looks good. :good:

coldflamez: thanks! got them at hafary.

here's a better pic with the lights up!

4563181674_fde76853af.jpg

MBR bathroom tiles - i loveeee victorian motifs and pink and this is basically the only spot of pink the hubby has allowed into the home.

4562572525_160411103c.jpg

spent the afternoon yesterday waiting for delivery of my items and tagging them with masking tape & marker. made myself a cosy corner amidst all the drilling going on and settled down with a book, my iPod and a bottle of water, not to forget a paper fan. ;)

my MBR bathroom stuff from Ideal Bathroom

4562558031_60ab08641a_m.jpg

my common bathroom stuff from Sim Siang Choon

4562560479_e073e6a5de_m.jpg

my lights from lightings.com.sg & Philips

4563191886_aa3cd6afed_m.jpg

didn't take pics of my stuff from everjoint cos they only came about 5+, when they say between 3 to 5pm and i alr cldn't wait to go home and scrub myself clean. i kept praying they'll come at 3pm, cos all the other deliveries came at 1+. needless to say, prayers weren't answered.

my new doorbell from Legrand. i hope no locksmith comes along and paste his phone number on it. *prays they just paste on the wall*

4563206462_e6948ddcdf_m.jpg

my kitchen lights - electrician say he'll put the glass cover on after reno is done, or else very dirty.

4562555407_6a0b17d608_m.jpg

this is my fave light in the house, not cos of its location but the bulb!

4562568849_07547db34e_m.jpg

its been installed with a philips easyscene dimmable bulb - totally adore it cos i don't need a dimmer switch. the bulb is controlled by a remote control with a dial. so can dim through that. saves me the problem of having to rewire a light if i change it in future.

4563194638_e8b01b74cc_m.jpg

tt's it for today! gonna work hard on my cabinet designs soon.

Aircon is going up today! Too bad I don't have the time to drop by this week to take a look at the progress, but at least I know my home is in good hands.

Been working hard on my kitchen cabinet designs and WIW. Of course they'll all come with doors, these pics are just to show the carpenter how I want the internal layout to be. Still have yet to decide the laminates too.

Kitchen - I'm not really sure if there is too much space or not enough. That thin space below the hob is for a pull-out drawer to put cooking oil, seasoning etc. Saw it in a hafele catalogue. Looks very convenient!

Anyone able to give me some feedback on the kitchen layout and the hafele system based on your experience?

4582998956_f21d59e0f1.jpg

WIW - I gave up my idea of an island cabinet and chandelier.

View 1 - My dressing table, shelves & drawers for my makeup/hair dryer etc & hubby's side of the WIW for his tops & bottoms.

4582369985_30b3690890.jpg

View 2 - Our shared side of the WIW. For his suits & accessories, followed by my bags & accessories.

4582999272_49e37ce7bb.jpg

View 3 - MY side of the WIW. hehe. ;) Tops & bottoms & dresses.

4582370263_8dae74bd78.jpg

Still working on my MBR wall & the living room feature wall, I can't figure out what I want. 48hours to meeting the carpenter. Think brain think!!

went down to the house on saturday to oversee the citygas installation and also to talk to the carpenter.

was so happy to see the painting almost done, and the air-cons up!

my MBR bathroom curb & shower area has also been tiled up.

4594189760_1f62f96715_m.jpg

study room

4594176154_27ac84996c.jpg

4594176146_0a0298cba8.jpg

my KDK V56K - the LED light they stated was useless, just a circle of light that can't lighten up any room. but expected that anyway. haha.

4594189758_3cbd2936f2_m.jpg

the citygas ppl installed the gas pipes, my heater and my dryer. why the pipe colour so ugly one... i'm getting the workers to paint them white. (same goes for all the aircon trunking, getting them to paint to match the room colours)

pipe to the hob

4594176164_dd1a85b217_m.jpg

my dryer - so much problem deciding where to place this.

4594176172_87bc594502_m.jpg

heater

4594176182_8b4c5b9d8f_m.jpg

4594176198_d9b3447fc2.jpg

downstairs neighbour came to complain again, cos they were drilling holes into the wall to install the racks to hold the pipes. my contractor was the one talking with him. say he work night shift, so noisy cannot sleep. sigh, not that i want to disturb the peace, but you can't expect a renovation to be completely quiet right? anyway, it's just occasional drilling a hole here and there to install stuff. :( :( :( fortunately my surrounding neighbours are nicer, i apologised for the noise, but they all say nvm, reno is like that one, they understand. even tell me if i need any help, just let them know.

which reminds me, when i was talking to the carpenter at the balcony area, we happened to look across the road and saw this young man in his underwear cleaning the windows. :jawdrop: OMG, i need to try to erase the image from my mind. eeeekkkkk.

plumber coming today to install my sanitaryware. and they'll also start laying my wooden floor strips today. chosen a semi-gloss finish. but they won't polish until all the carpentry is in, which should take another month. i'm starting to feel really tired.