Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinktini

Our First Home @ Yew Tee

Renovation permit will be submitted this week and hacking should start next week i think. Things are starting to move fast. Over the weekend, I spent some time at IMM and a few shops in Balestier looking for stuff. We went to Hoe Kee, Song-Cho, Sim Siang Choon, Asia Excel, Hafary etc etc.

No idea how to select toilet bowls, we fell in love with the concealed cistern type at the Ideal Bathrooms showroom, but it'll take up a lot of space, and our bathroom is too small!! Thinking of making the entire MBR bathroom black, but how to make the small bathroom not look even smaller?

This coming weekend, going to look at laminates and more tiles and sanitaryware.

Anyway, here's the finalised plan, colours might change.

Overview

4492737706_9909b84c5b.jpg

Living room

4492734838_5b537612f4.jpg

Dining area

4492734822_dae94955f4.jpg

Kitchen

4492734832_dd52872911.jpg

Common bathroom- not making too much changes, only changing the toilet bowl, sink and shower screen

4492734814_9596f82d48.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Game room

4492734828_2ef098e803.jpg

Study room - might add a bay bed at the window for reading corner. :D

4492737708_28f3861632.jpg

Master bedroom

4492734840_26b861e547.jpg

MBR bathroom & Walk in wardrobe - but with cupboard doors to prevent dust

4492737714_3f385862aa.jpg

hope the end result of the renovations are similar to the pictures!

hooray! work has commenced!

Congrats ! You have very very nice drawings wo. You can consider becoming part time interior designer liao !

Congrats ! You have very very nice drawings wo. You can consider becoming part time interior designer liao !

hehe, thanks. :) those drawings are done in google sketchup, very easy to learn, u also can try!

hehe, thanks. :) those drawings are done in google sketchup, very easy to learn, u also can try!

That's a lie! I also tried to use sketchup to do some space planning/visualization but got nowhere as far as you :(

You must be a very talented designer :D

Anyway good luck with your reno, I'm sure the project will go smoothly in your very capable hands

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here but PINK, when I saw your pictures and planning it got me all excited hehehe...hope to learn new ideas and meet new frens..

eric: thanks! hehe, no laa, come come i teach u, which function u dunno??

maitena: thanks! love to meet and get to know new ppl too. u have any t-blog?

WAH WAH!!! Finally the renov begins haha ^__^ im very excited for you guys. Im sure all your hardwork and effort will be pay off once you see the final product. To remember to keep us updated with photos wor keke and ok ok I will remind myself to post mine la =p

Hope your dream house will complete soon *wink*

Edited by shinh

shinh: hehe, ya lor. waiting for your pics also leh, maybe u shld start a t-blog here. ;)

coldflamez: ya man! FINALLY.

updates... hacking permit approved! demolition works will be carried out from monday to wednesday (12/04 to 14/04). went to see the place today, all built in cabinets, cornices removed!

for shops... went down to EDL Laminates @ Sungei Kadut today. Cos of the stupid jams, we only managed to go here today, cos couldn't have the car for the whole day, so very inconvenient to get around. and needless to say, with the rise in car prices, we'll never be the owner of a vehicle anytime soon.

before talking bout laminates, I also went down to Outram to collect a prize I won from a magazine contest, yippee!! been eyeing it, so lucky I nv buy yet!

4507879612_0c933181c2.jpg

the ppl at EDL were very friendly. I told them about what I need and not only did they patiently recommend the different patterns to us, they even gave us a catalogue to bring home! Most impressed with their latest edging laminate. highly likely I'm getting my carpenter to get the laminates from here.

4507881562_6f3d8b4742.jpg

using this for the wardrobes, going for full black stripes with white in the middle!

4507883454_82565a5ee0.jpg

samples of laminates we selected, the white floral pattern is for feature wall in the living room.

4507246847_5e3706948c.jpg

tomorrow: tiles + bathroom shopping!

wah, not bad leh. ur home theatre room setup got a lot of gadgets, even have spiderman! and i like that wallpaper still lorrrrrr, hopefully got enough spare cash to get it. :yeah:

Naaah thats my dad's expensive toys, I cant afford to play and anw its not my hobby. Dun hav to rush gal, wallpaper can buy it anytime once u gt e cash. Just buy those more important stuff first ba.