Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ngunadi

A Home In Singapore

Reno - day 10 - 18th March 2010

MBR Toilet - Shower Area

shower2.jpg

Initially the shower area was not correct. This one is already fixed.

The tiles placements were not correct, there was a miscomm between us and our contractor. We wanted to put the white tiles "vertically". But since the damage is done, oh well. We'll live with it.

Kitchen - Missing Patch

kitchen.jpg

We hacked away the previous half-height wall. And we couldn't find the similar tiles for its size (33x33). So, I decided to get a similar tiles with different size (30x30). Hence, the different grouting. Most probably, we'll cover it with some rug.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Reno - day 15 - 23rd March 2010

Living Room - New Grills

balcony.jpg

We love the new window grills.

Living Room Partition

foyer.jpg

The living room partition is up. Strangely, the house "feels" better once the partition is up. Effect of fengshui or self-fulfilling prophecy ? :P

Anyway, I want to change the door color to lighter brown, totally dislike the current brown black color (you can see in the background from the picture above). But if we paint the door, it won't be nice. Anyone has a suggestion for this?

Did you ask the contractor to redo the mismatch tile?

I dont think it will cost a lot,

since it was only couple meter2 only.

Try to ask, how knows they will absorb the cost :P

Did you ask the contractor to redo the mismatch tile?

I dont think it will cost a lot,

since it was only couple meter2 only.

Try to ask, how knows they will absorb the cost :P

Erm ... the mismatch tiles are the whole toilet wall tiles. So, including hacking and tiles cost, it's alot. The kitchen tiles are meant to be like that. No other choice :P

Reno - day 17 - 25th March 2010

Not much an update but painting job has started. They would complete the job by this week. Lina asked the painter(s) to work through the weekend.

Maybe I should drop by with biscuits and milo.

living.jpg

dining.jpg

dapur.jpg

Reno - day 17 - 25th March 2010

Not much an update but painting job has started. They would complete the job by this week. Lina asked the painter(s) to work through the weekend.

Maybe I should drop by with biscuits and milo.

living.jpg

dining.jpg

dapur.jpg

carpentry not up yet...sure will finish by this week? they must chiong like mad if they wan to finish within promised date

carpentry not up yet...sure will finish by this week? they must chiong like mad if they wan to finish within promised date

Actually, the painting is the one that will finish by this week. Not the reno :D

Carpentry should be up by monday/tuesday.

Then electricity work on monday.

Then aircon and touch up. Then it's done :D

Actually, the painting is the one that will finish by this week. Not the reno :D

Carpentry should be up by monday/tuesday.

Then electricity work on monday.

Then aircon and touch up. Then it's done :D

Sweet! you hv something to look forward to then...me still long way....sigh

Finally, GainCity managed to do some "magic" and approve our request for early installation.

Tomorrow is aircon installation day. yaaay.

gain city having any promotion now? Last i heard was free extended warranty.

heard the gain city @imm is the most competitive? duno how true that is.

Now considering where i should get mine from, any tips? :)

Well ... i got my aircon during the expo promotion.

We never bother to check at other gaincity because too many things to handle, so rather to just go with what's there.

And luckily that's a good thing for us. After our purchase, we changed our mind 2x regarding the air-con setup, so having the outlet is near to our place is helpful. We just go back there and change the purchase.

It's also easier if you need to go to the outlet to give pressure to the sales-rep for any issues u might encounter. For us, we pressurize them to have early installation date.

Three weeks are definitely way too long.

Anyway, I want to change the door color to lighter brown, totally dislike the current brown black color (you can see in the background from the picture above). But if we paint the door, it won't be nice. Anyone has a suggestion for this?

I'm assuming you want it to look varnished in a lighter shade of brown... It's quite a challenging task. Need to use the varnish/paint(remover), Clean off the remover with mineral spirits, bleach, dry, sandpaper, then restain or varnish. Or simply ask your contractor. A particular ID advised me not to change my door if it is fireproof cause quite ex...

Also think lighter brown will be nice, current one like ore lu lu...

Edited by ah sheng

Living Room - New Grills

balcony.jpg

We love the new window grills.

Living Room Partition

foyer.jpg

The living room partition is up. Strangely, the house "feels" better once the partition is up. Effect of fengshui or self-fulfilling prophecy ? :P

Is it my eyes? Look like the partition is slanted or something?