Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
capo_irman

Need Special Paints. Where To Find In Sg

Hi All...

I am currently looking for those Dulux Professional High Gloss Paint... which is on the UK website.

I need it to paint my wood skirting to make it glossyier...

Can anyone tell me where to get it in Singapore. Or could you also advise me which brand/type paint best for wooden skirting. The original skirting is brown. I want to change it to pure white.

Can tell me if the sufrace need sanding also?

Please recommend me the best waterproof glossiest longlasting paint for the skitring...

Cheers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There's alot of high gloss paint like IC, bordelac, Causeway paint etc.

These are more for painting metal or timber, it is a turpentine base paint.

To paint timber with glossy and good protection surface, the epoxy paint should be the best choice..

The harden surface finishing is like those knock off furniture in painting finishing.

Remember to totally remove your existing painting as maybe your brown colour refer to varnishing finishing

which normally has a layer of lacquer which is spirit base or thinner base.

There's alot of high gloss paint like IC, bordelac, Causeway paint etc.

These are more for painting metal or timber, it is a turpentine base paint.

To paint timber with glossy and good protection surface, the epoxy paint should be the best choice..

The harden surface finishing is like those knock off furniture in painting finishing.

Remember to totally remove your existing painting as maybe your brown colour refer to varnishing finishing

which normally has a layer of lacquer which is spirit base or thinner base.

Hi gladyslim... thanks for the reply.

FYI:

My new flat wooden skitring is painted dark brown ( I think those semi-gloss oil paint) . Not varnish.

These expoxy paint, where to buy and how to use them lah? I have already sand down the brown paint. now my wooden skirting is bare.

Would really appreciate if anyone can give me exact direction on where to buy these paints. Cause the neighbourhood shop usually recomment me Nippon/ICI gloss paint. I've tried it but the effect is not glossy.

Cheers.

It is most probably because the material is timber that absorbed the paint giving your a more rough surface.

If you observe closely, those decor door and those knock down coffee table in painted finishing is normally compressed wood or mdf board, not the solid timber.

Since you have the gloss paint, maybe you try what I think it might work.

Well.. I did a search on the net ...

I really need to get an address of a shop that sell these type of paint (prefererrably the onw where have the most choice of brands and finishing paint)

Currently only Self-Fix DIY got sell rust-oleum brand... Anyone knows where else got sell them?

Another thing is are there any shop in SG that sell the ICI professional high gloss paint. (so far only on the net see they sell it in Australia) Any company or shop got import in SG....

Cheers......

Check the yellow coloured phone directory - Industrial & commercial guide and the green book or the online green book.

This Nippon & ICI are the common paint, can said to be better quality in the market.

I had bought other brands in my course of work like Seamaster, Asian paint, Causeway, Kangaroo, Tiger, various brands of aerosol paint and special order paint use in the construction of steel structure.

ICI use to have another range of paint - the auto paint, avaliable in 1 litre can, no sure is it still avaliable in the market.

Maybe you check with Chye Seng at AMK.

You may like to check on Asia paint and Long Quan web to try your luck, maybe the PU paint is suitable for your use