Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aoi

How Do You Perform "tub Cleaning" For Your Washing Machine

1. How do you perform the "tub cleaning" function for your washing machine?

*** Do you specially buy anti-limescale cleaner? Or simply use your powdered detergent? ***

2. And how often do you perform this function?

Please share, thank you.

:sport-smiley-018:

Edited by aoi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1. How do you perform the "tub cleaning" function for your washing machine?

*** Do you specially buy anti-limescale cleaner? Or simply use your powdered detergent? ***

2. And how often do you perform this function?

Please share, thank you.

:sport-smiley-018:

What do u mean by tub-cleaning? If U r using front-load washer, its to clean the holes of the drum ya? If so, then it depends on whther u use the hot water function regularly? If u use hot water regularly, there is not so much of a need. If u seldom use hot water, its recommended to do an empty hot wash of 95deg every 3 to 6 mths, without any load that is! Because some of u uses softener which have oil or waxes, that may cause mould in the long run to stay in the washer.

What do u mean by tub-cleaning? If U r using front-load washer, its to clean the holes of the drum ya? If so, then it depends on whther u use the hot water function regularly? If u use hot water regularly, there is not so much of a need. If u seldom use hot water, its recommended to do an empty hot wash of 95deg every 3 to 6 mths, without any load that is! Because some of u uses softener which have oil or waxes, that may cause mould in the long run to stay in the washer.

Hi thanks Lapena,

I'm aware that we only perform "tub cleaning" function without any load into the washer, as the manual says. Most washers have the "tub cleaning or tub hygiene" feature on the control panel.

My washer manual specifically recommends using anti-limescale cleaning agent to load into the detergent powder compartment of the washer, for the "tub clean".

But is it alright if we use powdered detergent for the "tub clean"?

[i am using SPIN-brand low-suds powdered detergent (specially for front-loading drums), so as to prolong the life of my new washer.]

I read from some ppl saying on the internet that there isn't any need for putting any cleaning agent or powdered detergent into the detergent compartment of the washer. There are also ppl suggesting to put a little bit of it into the detergent dispenser compartment.

Also, there is this strong metallic smell in my drum. That is why I.'m wondering how to get rid of it at the same time.

Hope to get the best advice on this.

Edited by aoi

Hi thanks Lapena,

I'm aware that we only perform "tub cleaning" function without any load into the washer, as the manual says. Most washers have the "tub cleaning or tub hygiene" feature on the control panel.

My washer manual specifically recommends using anti-limescale cleaning agent to load into the detergent powder compartment of the washer, for the "tub clean".

But is it alright if we use powdered detergent for the "tub clean"?

[i am using SPIN-brand low-suds powdered detergent (specially for front-loading drums), so as to prolong the life of my new washer.]

I read from some ppl saying on the internet that there isn't any need for putting any cleaning agent or powdered detergent into the detergent compartment of the washer. There are also ppl suggesting to put a little bit of it into the detergent dispenser compartment.

Also, there is this strong metallic smell in my drum. That is why I.'m wondering how to get rid of it at the same time.

Hope to get the best advice on this.

I'm not sure if all wsher has this function, but I'm certain my miele does not have it! In sg especially, the water is soft and limescale built up is unlikely, so i don't think any special agent is required!Metallic smell is due to new machine or when the water that has been left over from the machines origin testing sources... yup, low suds is a must for front loader , as too much suds, esp hot suds will spoil the drum! I've been using front loader for 30 yrs, this is the only thing I did to maintain my miele washer!

I'm not sure if all wsher has this function, but I'm certain my miele does not have it! In sg especially, the water is soft and limescale built up is unlikely, so i don't think any special agent is required!Metallic smell is due to new machine or when the water that has been left over from the machines origin testing sources... yup, low suds is a must for front loader , as too much suds, esp hot suds will spoil the drum! I've been using front loader for 30 yrs, this is the only thing I did to maintain my miele washer!

Nice there! 30 years!! ...i think the Singapore Miele website should insert a "testimonials" section.

Too bad, my spouse is against buying a washer costing $3K++ no matter how great it is.

He is like :no: :no: :no: because of the local warranty issue.

Edited by aoi