Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aoi

Washing Machine Transit Bolts

Got this useful tips from http://mylittlebookmarks.blogspot.com/2008...ng-machine.html

==========

When buying a front loader washing machine, remember to keep the transit bolts! I made a mistake in not keeping it, and the delivery guy actually threw it away. I went back to the shop to ask them, and they are very lame to tell me that the transit bolts can not be put back to the washing machine so they usually throw it away. But from the user manual, it is clearly stated that it should be kept and used when you need to transport your washing machine in the future. Luckily for me, the guys from LG are generous enough to give me a set of transit bolts free of charge.

Basically, a front loader washing machine consists of a drum in the middle of it, and it is hung and balanced in the middle of the washing machine by 4 sets (or more) of springs, the springs actually keep it in the middle and at the same time make sure the whole washing machine does not vibrate together with the drum when the drum spins at high speed. As of gravity, the top two springs will be stiffer than the bottom two. When transporting the washing machine, excessive misalignment or shaking of the washing machine, will damage the four springs. The transit bolts will actually keep the drum in place so that it will not stress the springs too much.

So, please remember to keep it!

==========

Edited by aoi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request